Author Topic: Hunker Down  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I am writing this in the hopes that all of you are in good shape and are far away from COVID 19.  Where I am there has only been one reported case and I hope it stay that way.  Me and my new best friend Freddy (a two year old brown Pomeranian I just got three weeks ago) are doing fine.  Not much shopping other than the grocery store going on here.

Just wanted to let you know that there are a lot of us who care about each other.

Best wishes and hope you are al fine;

Athena12@
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
We'e only been under a stay at home order for a week now, but the governor closed many things weeks earlier, so it feels like it's been going on much longer.  I am "essential" so I'm going in twice a week now and teleworking the other days.  Gotta admit, it's getting to me a bit.  Despite being naturally introverted and seclusionary, I've been down lately.  Cabin fever definitely setting in.  I really hope this ends soon.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
There's a definite element of not being allowed to do something.  Our total lockdown started Friday, and that very same day I was already missing being able to get in my car and drive. At least I can (and do) move it around the yard to get space for painting, so the engine won't sit still.

Fortunately I'm also not a very social type, so that helps.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
I've been on lockdown for over two weeks now and about the only place you can go is to the grocery store and for some reason Home Depot and Lowes.  not sure I understand . the last two but they are open.  Need to get this computer fixed but al the repair store are brick and motor store and are closed.  Just me and the dog here and at least I finally gave him a bath today (first since I got him) and he was great about it.  That was the highlight of my day.  to bad the dig can't talk. At least I can call my  kids and both off them kept me on the phone for over an hour each which was nice but not as nice as talking to them in person.  As you should be able to tell from tis long message I am bot=red as hell too;  I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.  God bless each and everyone of you!  

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
We can't go to hardware stores.  Only stores that sell essential goods (food, basic cleaning supplies, etc) are allowed to stay open, and they're not allowed to sell anything else.  And deliveries are also not allowed.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Johannk: where do you live?  All the hardware stores are open here in Virginia.  We can buy what we need there and there are no restrictions. 

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
South Africa.  The country where the minister of police said that dogs aren't allowed to walk ("there will be no dogs walking"), after the minister of health said we're allowed to jog or walk with our dogs, as long as we're alone.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
That makes no sense!  If you walk your dog alone you are less likely to spread the virous since pets don't care it and if you walk with people you are more likely to get it.  

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
The logic behind keeping hardware stores open is that keeping your home in shape is essential.  Cant expect people to have a leaky pipe or broken refrigerator for the entire time of the stay at home order.  Now there are plenty of people going to the hardware stores to buy non essential items to do some cosmetic type work (painting, building shelves, etc.) since they are stuck at home.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Electricians and plumbers are classified as essential workers (distribution and maintenance of water and electricity).  I'm not sure where they get their stock, but the ministers clearly stated that only food and hygiene sales are allowed.  They also prohibited the possession of alcohol or cigarettes outside of private homes (sale thereof is again prohibited).  No that I know how they'll succeed at that, considering both are addictive.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
So, I'm noticing a side effect to the stay at home order.  With the lack of exercise and the not so good eating (snacking way too much out of boredom) I've started to put some weight back on again.  Only 5 pounds so far, which is good, but I swear it's all gone to my boobs.  Not sure if they actually look bigger (I think they do) but definitely feel bigger on my chest and in my hands.  I guess the only good news is that if they get bigger gaining weight, they should get smaller losing weight.

Offline SideSet

Unfortunately, you’ll probably lose the weight in places other than your breasts 

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Unfortunately, you’ll probably lose the weight in places other than your breasts
What?  So I gotta spend the rest of my life worrying that if I have a day where I pig out I'm going to go up another cup size?  What kind of sorcery is this?  

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Fat in certain areas can be nasty to get rid of.  And it depends on your hormones.

Speaking of which, I'll have to adjust my target a bit.  Used to be 71kg, and I'm now down to 66.  It's obvious that I won't get rid of this abdominal fat just by dropping to 63, so I'm now aiming for 60.  I don't really want to drop more though, as 60 is already underweight going by my length (granted, I'm naturally light).

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Fat in certain areas can be nasty to get rid of.  And it depends on your hormones.

Speaking of which, I'll have to adjust my target a bit.  Used to be 71kg, and I'm now down to 66.  It's obvious that I won't get rid of this abdominal fat just by dropping to 63, so I'm now aiming for 60.  I don't really want to drop more though, as 60 is already underweight going by my length (granted, I'm naturally light).
Now that we can finally post again, I can respond to this.

I didn't even think about hormones affecting weight gain in certain areas.  That said, I am aware of weight disappearing faster in some areas than others.  I've dropped 6 inches in the waist, (44 to 38 ) but doubt I lost more than half in inch in the chest (I never took any chest measurements before the weight loss.)  But I assumed that was because I seemed be carrying a lot more fat in the belly than chest.

Getting back to the hormone thing, I was supposed to have a checkup next week, and was going to bring up the boobs to see hopefully learn why they're there.  Unfortunately, I have to postpone given the current state of affairs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024