Author Topic: Side boob pain  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Anyone get this? Is it just one of those things that I did to myself, or something else? In the armpit area about where my side boob is.

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
I get this often enough but to be fair I'm often laying on them trying to maneuver around the cars I'm trying to fix.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I’m pretty active but it only hurts at weird times. Got a good sting out of it going over a speed bump. 

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
Yeah. Speedboats can be awful. Same with a stiff riding vehicle over a pothole.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Yup, really feeling the bounce lately since I’m wearing a heavy duty compression tee, rocking the uniboob look, now that they’re tied together I’m getting more bounce.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I developed some side boob pain (closer to underarm) after wearing one of my bras for a day.  Was just a little too tight and caused some minor bruising.  

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I’ve had some side boob pain that I eventually attributed to the underwire on one side only of a particular bra. I couldn’t feel it poking at the time, but over the course of a few hours I got a vague pain around the underwire/wing area on that side.

Thought no more of it until I wore the same bra on another occasion and got the same problem. The weird thing is that the other side is fine, and the wires look symmetrical, so I guess it is my boobs that aren’t!

I think some wire shapes are better than others for male breasts. Some seem to extend further into the underarm area and feel more comfortable to me. It seems like they are encompassing more breast tissue and not poking into it so much.

Online Johndoe1

I am assuming you are swooping and scooping? A properly fitting bra, properly swooped and scooped should get all the tissue into the cup. The back of the wire should sit somewhere around the middle of your arm pit with the band good and snug so there is no movement of the band during normal activities after you have swooped and scooped. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAk6IcliTrA
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I’m always careful to swoop and scoop properly when dressing and agree that it is essential to get this right if you hope to have a pleasant day. The second time I had a problem with the bra I did check carefully to see if the wire was at an odd angle or was poking in under the armpit, but it seemed the same on both sides.

Oddly, I only ever had this problem with one bra, which now skulks unloved at the bottom of my bra drawer. Perhaps it is defective or badly made, or maybe it just doesn’t suit my body shape. I should probably put it in the bin.

aboywithgirls

It's already been said but, you have to get as much of the breast in the cup as possible. 

You need to get the girls front and center. Swoop and scoop. If you're wearing an underwire, this is especially important.  There are bras with wider underwires that will help put and keep the girls where they belong. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Though I am relatively new to breast ownership, I’m gradually getting the idea, and can now swoop and scoop at least as well as my partner (she’s been doing it many years longer than I have but tends not to be as meticulous as I am sometimes - especially when she’s late for work!)

I’m pretty quick at it now, too, and I know when I’ve got it just right by the smooth, flat profile under my arms. It actually feels good to get the breasts fully contained, doesn't it? Everything just feels right, somehow.

I’m proud to say that my girls pretty much stay where I put them during the day (though I may need to make a few adjustments depending on the bra I’m wearing)

I would add that I very much value the advice that you and others continue to provide us newbies with on these pages. You have the accumulated wisdom of many years experience, and this can be so reassuring for the less experienced members. My breast growth has come later in life, and it can be a bewildering experience to suddenly have to deal with the condition. A little emotional and practical support helps a great deal.

Online Johndoe1

Though I am relatively new to breast ownership, I’m gradually getting the idea, and can now swoop and scoop at least as well as my partner (she’s been doing it many years longer than I have but tends not to be as meticulous as I am sometimes - especially when she’s late for work!)

I’m pretty quick at it now, too, and I know when I’ve got it just right by the smooth, flat profile under my arms. It actually feels good to get the breasts fully contained, doesn't it? Everything just feels right, somehow.

I’m proud to say that my girls pretty much stay where I put them during the day (though I may need to make a few adjustments depending on the bra I’m wearing)

And that is way you want it. I rarely have to make any adjusts to the girls sitting in the cups. I have found that it is a combination of properly fitting and correct style bra for my body and TAKING THE TIME to properly swoop and scoop, including multiple times if necessary to get things just right. If I don't. I am not comfortable and am adjusting my bra . Now if I am overly active at work or something like that, then yes, I may make my way to the restroom and in the stall readjust things, including swooping and scooping if needed, but SW/SC is extremely rare. It's just the joys of wearing a bra with breasts. It's something women do all the time. If you watch closely, you can tell if a women's bra is bothering them or not. Bras should fit like gloves. Just right. And that takes time. A lot of time on occasion but so well worth it.

I would add that I very much value the advice that you and others continue to provide us newbies with on these pages. You have the accumulated wisdom of many years experience, and this can be so reassuring for the less experienced members. My breast growth has come later in life, and it can be a bewildering experience to suddenly have to deal with the condition. A little emotional and practical support helps a great deal.
I think you are finding out like those of us did that having breasts and wearing bras is a double edge sword. It's fun, complicated and sometimes a down right pain. And while women complain about their bras, you won't find them not wearing one. And the same is true for many of us who wear bras all the time. It's not a "woman's issue" but a "breast issue." Many women have no idea about bras other than a woman in a store told them this is the bra you need to be wearing and they do not go any further on research and then have miserable experiences. I too went through the same thing until I was lucky enough to find a local fitter who took me under her wing and told me what I needed to know and life got much better and more comfortable for me. So its a good thing to ask questions because in the long run, only you know if your bra is working for you or against you. and once you find that perfect fit, you will know it. And you spot an ill fitting bra from then on.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024