Author Topic: 123abc  (Read 7443 times)

Strato

[matter has been resolved]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:52:02 AM by Stratosphere »

Offline throwback111

• Posting Member
I was in the same place as you when i was in grade 9. But then i started to care less. Everyone has something on their body they are insecure about. Dont spend some of the best years of your life making excuses not to try new things. You should start standing up for your self, i always talked crap back and sometimes fought people makin fun of me. sometimes i lost but i gained respect. Dont wear vests, that looks corny. I went for the baggy hip hop tough guy look to hide my gyno and the chicks digged it too. i went out with 2 cheerleaders in grade 11.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 07:39:26 PM by throwback111 »

Strato

Yea Juice, mine is worse than that, more noticable with clothes on. And if it helped, the doc said I'm at a thirteen year olds level in development, and in Tanner Stage 3, so I know that must have something to do with it.

Offline delly2000

Hey man I have to say that I know exactly what you are going through. I had the same problem through grade school all the way through university. Some people say to change your outlook and turn it into a positive but I just couldn't. I always tried to hide it by wearing baggy clothing, avoided participating in PE (and I like PE), avoided functions where they try to make me wear T-shirts, even at work now that I am adult I avoid this. SO I got surgery about a week ago. But to talk about your issue I would say until you are able to get surgery(hopefully you will grow out of it like your dad) work out, run and stuff to get yourself in shape and try wearing one of those binder vest they advertise on this site and cover it with a white-t under the shirt you are gonna wear. I am wearing a binder vest right now and none one is none the wiser.  This well make things far less noticeable and no jiggle factor. Wish I would have thought about it but when I was in school didnt have much access to the internet. You are not as big as I was back then (200+) I am still big now but not so important. But working out gives you a sense of confidence and girls like that.

Good luck man

Strato

Thanks for all the support and kind words, guys :)

Offline Round_1

• Posting Member
 1. What are some good ways to hide this in terms of clothing? Jackets? Coats? I no t-shirts are no-no's.

i wear a realy tight shirt someday as sad as it might seems but its summer here and the only way i can hide it. it looks 2X as big in summer.

2. What does that Ybb - SP GB1 or whatever gibberish thats on your posts, I've been puzzled at it for months!

ybb is a web forum development group, its thier advertisment for develoing it

3. WHAT DO I DO!Huh! What more is there to do?! Live my life in this agony?

see another doctor and explain to him that you feel your life is in ruin. i had gyne in highschool and i was a big kid,  6'1 240 lbs so most people wouldnt dare make fun of me. not that i have lost the weight im now 180 lbs the gyne just looks abnormal, if its freezing cold i can pull of the big pics on the right side, they are even saging a bit now, the nipples are alot lower. i finaly had the balls to go see a doctor 2 weeks ago, i recomend you get this taken care of asap and not go through what i went and still am going though

if i where you i would deffinatly start hiting the gym up hard as possible, you will feel better about youself for starters and it wil lincrease testtosteron levels which are only a good thing for people here
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 06:45:40 PM by Round_1 »
"I've noticed that many people seem to fall into 3 categories; 1) people who have true gyno and have suffered psychological from it.  2) people who suffer from psuedo-gyno (the majority) and suffered"

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Hey buddy,

Just try and remain hopeful cause there is a solution to all problems.  

Whatever your solution turns out to be, it may take time to get there (and it's painful in the meantime), but try and remind yourself that one day this will be taken care of.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I wasn't a swimmer, But I was a wrestler in high school.
The teasing got pretty intense until one idiot grabbed and pinched my breast and I yanked on his arm so violently that he went to the Hospital with a dislocated shoulder.  That stopped the torment.

The guy with the dislocated shoulder tried to prosecute me for assault.  He was convicted of assault and the court determined that I was simply protecting myself.

That was in 1954.

Your self evaluation and self image are the things that are most important.  The condition is so common that many medical professionals consider it to be statistically normal.

What is going on between your ears is of much greater importance than a bit of surplus tissue on your chest.

Grandpa Dan

Strato

And besides the fact I'm a cmplete weakling who can't defend myself...

Offline colinosmar

• Posting Member
Okay first off your not too young for surgery, where the hell did you get that idea? ive read a story on this site about a 12 year old who got it, im 17 and i just got it done, 365 days older then you and somehow im qualified as 'old enough' for it?? Secondly if its pure fat and not gland then yea work out and quit complaining, things in life dont just come free becasue you want them too.  However if there is genuinely gland in there then go and see a plastic surgeon, because working out wont lose that for you.  And about your 'underdevelopedness' its what you make yourself, yea you cant help some of the changes you may want (deeper voice, facial hair, muscle development due to testostorne etc) but if you learn to carry yourself properly, with an air of confidence, and dont let people push you around becasue you feel sorry for yourself, you wont have any problems. Stop saying you hate life and stop whining about not taking your shirt of in front of people, even people who never have gynecomastia usually keep there damn shirts on, what your doing is putting all your emotional baggage into your chest.  Get the surgery and get it over with soon so you can fix that depression and have the rest of your life (especially teenage years) without it.  Oh and by the way, lose the weight, its not hard work all it involves is a lifestyle change, i dropped from around 230ish lbs pre summer (6 foot 2) to 180 now with substantial muscle development, this caused almost all the fat around my Gyne to go away and made it look much better while i was waiting for surgery, if you want to know how to get in shape and lose weight (its a science, it does not equal eat less exercise more) pm me and ill explain nutrition and exercise to you.

Offline soccerplaya

• Bronze Member
Hey dude, go running, work out, and get in shape, I cant imagine any noticable man boobs that would stick out even with shirts on if you were in normal shape.

Offline User

• Bronze Member
Hey dude, go running, work out, and get in shape, I cant imagine any noticable man boobs that would stick out even with shirts on if you were in normal shape.

Then you've never seen someone with really bad pure gynecomastia.

I'm an avid distance runner and hiker, and I had noticeable male breasts even when I wore two layers of t-shirts.  How noticeable?  Within the past couple months, I've had people yell stuff at me on the street about my chest.

Strato, I'm not a doctor, but your case could very well be hormonal.  I'd hold off on getting the surgery at least until you experience puberty.  It could resolve itself.
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline NewLifeStartsMay4th

• Bronze Member
    • pre-post pics
getting in shape releases natural endorphins that make you feel all warm inside! ;D plus you'll get more puss and thats all that really matters anyway.
Surgery may 4th Dr. Metzner New Orleans
http://deuce-po.magix.net/

Offline OddMuscles

• Posting Member
I'd have to say it depends on whether it's hormonal, fatty, or just plain gland.

Mine was purely glandular, and not related to hormones or anything. Bodybuilding became a way of life for me, almost to the point that I forgot why I started it in the first place. But I never forgot that I had this condition, and the only way for ME to fix it was surgery.

If you have a hormonal imbalance you may have to sit it out then consider your options. And if it is fat, I fail to see why you can't lose weight. Just eat rice and fish, and jog 20-30 minutes per day. Once your bodyfat percentage is as low as you can get it (under 10%ish) and you have consulted an endocronologist to see whether it's a hormone imbalance, you can re-consider your options.

If you check out my diary for surgery:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=10;action=display;num=1141528875

You can see how it went for me. Mine was only gland removal. No lypo.

cheers

Oddmuscles

Strato

Well, a while has passed since my post and I wanted to give you guys an updateon how i'm doing.

First of all, thanks to all the kind and supportive people out here who have helped me out and this forum has also been a big help since I've been reading (viewing the forum) a lot of posts since I first began posting here.

Since my post, I don't think things are getting better, but they haven't gotten worse. I am on the other hand psychologically much better equipped to dealing with this problem, if you can even call it that. I've really moved on in life. Sure, I wouldn't go swimming, or wear a t-shirt because I don't like the comments, but I am now just a regular kid who's happy with himself.

I guess I had my lowpoint a few months ago, and since them, things are getting better and better. I'm happy with who I am and though it would be great if this problem will be resolved, I'm not exactly obessing about it anymore.

Thanks, everyone!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024