Author Topic: HELP! 5 weeks Crater deformity, can still improve?  (Read 831 times)

Offline moonyuen

• Posting Member
I omly done excision. Doctor said liposuction is unnecessary.

As pic. The RIGHT NIPPLES. Any way to improve my condition....
From side view, look very dented.
Front view, still fine.

Can subcision without fat grafting improve it?

Offline moonyuen

• Posting Member
Anyone? Can give opinion.

Thanks. APPRECIATE IT
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 07:13:20 AM by moonyuen »

Offline moonyuen

• Posting Member
Sincerely looking for advice, doctor

Thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have a crater deformity on one side, which is due to over-removal of tissue beneath the nipple.  Although it is still early in your healing, it is doubtful that it will spontaneously improve.  Further, you still have the appearance of excess tissues -- liposuction should have been done in conjunction with gland removal -- that is the standard of care for most gynecomastia operations.

At this point, there is nothing to be done for at least 4-5 months, which is needed to allow healing to occur and resolution of post-operative swelling.  Then recommend consultations with a gynecomastia expert to see what remedies are possible.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:35:37 PM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline moonyuen

• Posting Member
You have a crater deformity on one side, which is due to over-removal of tissue beneath the nipple.  Although it is still early in your healing, it is doubtful that it will spontaneously improve.  Further, you still have the appearance of excess tissues -- liposuction should have been done in conjunction with gland removal -- that is the standard of care for most gynecomastia operations.

At this point, there is nothing to be done for at least 4-5 months, which is needed to allow healing to occur and resolution of post-operative swelling.  Then recommend consultations with a gynecomastia expert to see what remedies are possible.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Thanks, doctor. 
What u mean by excess tissue? Glandular tissue or just fat? 

Bcoz i prefer my chest not completely flat.. 

What treatment u advice to do? I felt the tightness bcause skin adhered to muscle. 

I thought to subsicion to release the scar...
Thanks again

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
It is still very early on in your recovery. It could be a crater deformity of adhesion. Sometimes kenalog injections can be used to break up the scar tissue beneath to see if it releases. Should it be a crater deformity, I often prefer to add fat back into the area to improve the deficit. Continue following your surgeon's advice and wait until around 6 months post-op to see how everything heals up. 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024