Author Topic: Do I have Gyno??  (Read 715 times)

pastthepointofreturn

Hello, I am very glad to have found this website. I am a new member and this is my first post.  I am 43 years old and believe I have developed gyno.  My chest recently has started looking very enlarged and feminine looking.  I have fairly large disks around the areola that go pretty deep and wide.  So I believe that is gyno.  I am hoping the fine people on here can help me confirm this and determine what grade I have. I think it is a grade 2 or 3. Thank you for all the help.  

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, you do appear to have gynecomastia.  But you are also somewhat overweight.

If this bothers you, then seek the opinion of a plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery.  If necessary, consider traveling for such expertise.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Thanks for the question. The first thing to find out is why this has just recently developed. Do you have a new condition, new medicines, supplements? Regardless of who you see, you should probably get some bloodwork to rule out any imbalance. With that being said, yes it looks lie gynecomastia and only surgery is going to be the best solution. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
 It is great you were able to come across this site when searching around about gynecomastia. It is a wonderful resource for information. From the pictures you provided, you do have gynecomastia. It appears to be a combination of breast tissue, some fatty tissue, and a little bit of skin laxity which is not uncommon as one gets older. Based on my classification system, I would rate your gyne as a Type 2.5, which is very treatable. If your gyne appeared recently, almost out of nowhere, it would be ideal to have a check-up to be sure you don't have an underlying condition/issue causing it. By chance are you taking any medications that may have contributed to this happening? 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Looks like gynecomastia. if it's not from weight gain, you need to have some work up with some bloodwork. Gynecomastia does not usually begin in later life without a reason.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024