Author Topic: Symptoms  (Read 593 times)

Offline Jzbosco64

I noticed a change in my chest about a few months ago. I'm 64. My Free T went down back in May. I started Androgel in June. About 2.5 months after starting Androgel I'm noticing a difference in my chest. I'm not heavy, in fact I'm probably 20 - 30 pounds underweight. My symptoms include a dull ache from time to time, sometimes in just one side, sometimes in both. There is a bit of size, not much but I do notice more on the left than the right. There is sensitivity also from time to time. Seems like an excessive amount of sensitivity.

My questions about symptoms are, does gynecomastia always start with the lump behind the nipple? Are there other symptoms, like sweating from the chest? Rounding of the breast areas?

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
When gyne develops, it is very common for there to be an overgrowth of breast tissue beneath the areolas and rounding of the breast. Sweating is not something I have personally had patients express as a symptom. Perhaps it's a reaction to the Androgel. 
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Jzbosco64

Thanks for the reply. I'll be seeing my family doctor tomorrow. I'll post again if my suspicions are correct.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Supplemental testosterone can certainly cause gynecomastia. Before concluding that it is being caused by the medicine you should make sure that there is not any other cause. If your family doc is not sure how to do this you should see an endocrinologist.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024