Author Topic: 1 month post op - jury is still out on results  (Read 4602 times)

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
I have decided to post these shots (one month post op) in the hopes that someone else had poor initial results and saw some improvement over the months post surgery. I can feel some hard tissue surrounding the nipples and underneath them. I am not sure if its all scar or if its gland.

I am 6 feet, 210 lbs. I developed the condition at 13 yrs.
My surgeon decided to only do lipo on me, no incisions. I thought he would have removed gland he said he did not bother because he thought he could get a 99% improvement without making a cut. I did not mind early on when the chest looked much better, but now I wonder if I will need a touch up. The past week has been depressing. Although the weight of the chest has been reduced, I look at it and still see the familiar shape that has plagued me for 16 years.

[http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/buddycanuck2004/album?.dir=/79c3][/url]

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
i would be very annoyed at the surgeon as you thought you were getting excision and clearly needed that. Im sorry but its clear that you are not happy with your results and neither you should be in my honest opinion. I know its tough becuase im experiencing a similar problem although on a smaller scale. You will need that gland removing.

Offline Bakajin

• Bronze Member
yeah it definitely looks like there is gland there that could have been removed.  did he discuss the fact that he wouldn't be removing gland prior to the operation?  It seems that if the agreed operation was for fat and gland and then he chose to only remove fat without consultation then he could possibly be open for legal action.  Especially if you require further surgery to remove that gland.   It really depends on what you payed for and what was agreed prior to the surgery though.

However that being said, although there appears to be some gland there your chest still doesn't look that bad.   If you slimmed down and lost the stomach then your physique would look fine even with the gland.  of course getting rid of that gland would make things better too.

Offline bogieman

• Posting Member
I had a ps tell me he needed lypo only- my second opinion was from a dr mentioned here who told me that excision was needed- i had "puffy nipps" and the need to take that stuff out was evident to me- that is why i went for a second opinion

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
Update: I now am planning to have a 2nd surgery to get rid of the gland which was not removed on the first surgery. The Dr said that he can always add a scar, but can never take one away. That is why he made the call to only do lipo when I was out.

Anyway, I recommend to everyone to clearly communicate repeatedly your expectations to your surgeon.  I will post a conclusion after the next surgery in June.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
I have decided to post these shots (one month post op) in the hopes that someone else had poor initial results and saw some improvement over the months post surgery. I can feel some hard tissue surrounding the nipples and underneath them. I am not sure if its all scar or if its gland.

I am 6 feet, 210 lbs. I developed the condition at 13 yrs.
My surgeon decided to only do lipo on me, no incisions. I thought he would have removed gland he said he did not bother because he thought he could get a 99% improvement without making a cut. I did not mind early on when the chest looked much better, but now I wonder if I will need a touch up. The past week has been depressing. Although the weight of the chest has been reduced, I look at it and still see the familiar shape that has plagued me for 16 years.

[http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/buddycanuck2004/album?.dir=/79c3][/url]

Ya i think u should of had gland removed......i did and only that......I still am concerned, but they say it will improve........U really need to talk to the PS and find out why he did lipo only when u realy shoould have had both or glan removel for sure as a scar is not good enough of an answer..............Just not right, who did it?

All the best 8)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 01:25:08 PM by crow »
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
Crow, I had a Dr in Kitchener Ont Canada. The lipo job he did do on me was great, but now I have to go back to him to finish the job. It won't cost me anything, I just get put out again, and will have to recover from another surgery.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Crow, I had a Dr in Kitchener Ont Canada. The lipo job he did do on me was great, but now I have to go back to him to finish the job. It won't cost me anything, I just get put out again, and will have to recover from another surgery.

Good u dont have to pay nor u should'nt, but to have to go nack is bull and i may be facing that also but hope not........So I know how u feel and I had gland removed......Do u have a time set for this?Are those all pos op photos

All the best 8)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:52:16 PM by crow »

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member
the whole "lipo vs gland vs mix of both" was an issue for me as well, and - just to put this out there - i gotta say, in response to nargle1's comments - each person's different, and some guys, like me, fall into the gray "pseudogynecomastia" category where fat cells are just more piled up in the chest relative to other parts (probably a developmental/hormonal thing from puberty). i saw 5 different docs, each told me i just needed lipo. had the surgery, chest is flatter. i realize now that i definitely didn't and don't have any glandular tissue there - i just have a weirdly shaped chest. not the best case scenario, but the point i wanted to make is that in some cases, lipo-only is the ONLY thing a doctor can do to help (now that the fat in my chest is gone, i can't even imagine what a doc could excise to make my chest look any different - there's simply nothing hard or fibrous to pinch...). so, in some cases, lipo might be the only solution. for primarily glandular cases,  i'd say, yeah lipo-only is a scam. but, for others, perhaps not so...

buddy - in your case, though, it looks like there's gland, so you definitely have every right to a free revision - I agree with others since you can actually see the gland in some of the pics - he definitely should've taken it out to begin with!

the prospect of having another surgery is definitely another emotional burden, but your chest, honestly, doesn't look that bad now. sure, there's the gland, but if i were someone who didn't know about this condition at all, i'd probably think your chest looks fine.

sickofgynecomastia had a post where he had some photos, and his chest looked absolutely great, except for the gland. but, even in the context of his frame, that bit of gland didn't look horrible or disproportionate. he clearly didn't have "womanly breasts" - just the gland. he had the surgery anyway, but i think, if anything, it just "enhanced" him, rather than 'fixed' him, as his chest looked fine to begin with.

i guess what i'm getting at is that your chest looks pretty proportionate, except for that bit of gland. i haven't seen your pre-pics, but i'm assuming they looked slightly larger and perhaps less proportional, in terms of "normal" male chests, before the surgery.

so, definitely don't be down. certainly, your PS should've done the excision the first time around, but your case isn't noticeable nor bad-looking. outside of the gland, it actually looks pretty good, regardless of what you may think (we're each our harshest critics). so you should honestly just think of this second surgery as a quick enhancement type thing. removing that bit of gland to make your chest even better than it is now (and it's already pretty proportional, in relation to the rest of your body!)

best of luck
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 08:28:21 PM by dav242 »

Offline buddy

• Posting Member
I appreciate your replies and advice. I am booking a revision surgery for June (6 months after the 1st). I have enjoyed the new (although not perfect) flatter chest. Shirts fit me better now. I can go down a flight of stairs without feeling disgusting. I think the next surgery to remove the gland will complete the transformation and allow me to feel confident in other social situations (hottub, beach, basketball) for the first time. Before a year ago, I thought I would have this forever, so waiting another 3 months is nothing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024