Author Topic: Dazed and confused  (Read 5976 times)

Offline memorystick

Hi!
My weight is 86kg and i'm 192cm tall. I like to exercise and I try to take good care of my body.

My problem is that I have, for some reason I don't know, huge nipples and i'm really embarrassed of them.
I'd like to know if this is gynecomastia or not, and I'd also like to know how to get rid of them ??? ???

Here are some pictures so you can see for yourselves:
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/31112/picture-hosting/dsc-00928.jpg
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/31111/picture-hosting/dsc-00920.jpg

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
it looks like it is gynecomastia. Theirs no fat or boob shape, so its most probably only glandular, and would be corrected via excision.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Thats Gynecomastia, sorry for all those out there who dont think thats it. The oversized gland can work in two ways, one of which actully pushes the areola foward giving the nipples a "puffy" appearances. All the men on the site you linked have more pointy nipples, as opposed to the original poster whos areola seems to be protruding. I have the exact same case I can feel a hard gland behind my nipple, its gynecomastia I'm sorry.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Here's my opinion:

Yep, that's gynecomastia and I can see why you're embarassed.

You'd make a perfect candidate for surgery, since you're not fat, and your problem is not severe.  This is provided you found a good doc.

rob900 has a good point though, when I saw/read how gyne has affected other people here, I definitely felt like I was making a big deal outta my pre-op chest.

I still woulda got the surgery though.

Offline como

• Posting Member
Big nipples? I don't see big nipples. I agree with Rob; don't blow this out of proportion. A lot of people on this site are extremely harsh in giving their diagnosis or opinion. Sometimes I'd swear they do it just to make themselves feel better about their own gyno.

I do see that you have puffy nipples -- but they are not big -- and it doesn't look like you have any tissue on your chest. I'm not going to tell you whether or not I think you should have surgery to get rid of your puffy nipples; that's up to you. But I will tell you to bear in mind that there are very unforgiving posters that prowl these forums.

99.9% of people wouldn't even give your puffy nipples a second glance.

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
From some posts everyone's first instinct is to post that it's Gyne  ::)

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Sometimes I'd swear they do it just to make themselves feel better about their own gyno.

I dont see how thats going to make me feel better about my Gyne when my chest looks exactly like his.

I think its more insensitive to blow him off just like that and tell him its no big deal and that theres "worse cases". "Puffy Nipples" are a big deal even if you have a flat chest, they still look bad and are visible through T-shirts. I know first hand.

Ive had two doctors check me out and they both agree that puffy nipples is Gynecomastia. If our friend here wants his problem fixed we should try to be supportive and not bicker over if he has Gynecomastia or not.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Hey memorystick,

Is there any hard tissue behind your nipples?

Also, como has a good point.  Has anyone ever pointed this out to you?

Silly_Guy

Offline Bakajin

• Bronze Member
average guys are considerably more harsh in their judgement of moobs than someone who has/had gyno is.  I'm involved in sports where being topless is a requirement (boxing, kickboxing, MMA, etc) and even minor cases of gyno (eg puffy or drooping nipples) are heavily ripped on.  

in memorystick's case he does seem to have a minor case most likely caused by gland right under his nipples.  It definitely doesn't look too bad but conversly it also would also be a pretty easy operation to correct.  

Offline como

• Posting Member

I dont see how thats going to make me feel better about my Gyne when my chest looks exactly like his.

I think its more insensitive to blow him off just like that and tell him its no big deal and that theres "worse cases". "Puffy Nipples" are a big deal even if you have a flat chest, they still look bad and are visible through T-shirts. I know first hand.

Ive had two doctors check me out and they both agree that puffy nipples is Gynecomastia. If our friend here wants his problem fixed we should try to be supportive and not bicker over if he has Gynecomastia or not.

I never said he didn't have gyno, I said people blow things out of proportion. I was stating that it's common for people to be overly-harsh or completely wrong in their diagnosis. I've seen so many people say "Yep, that's gyno. Sorry you have to deal with it. Get it removed through surgery" When it's not noticeable or even there. This results in those people becoming irrationally worked-up about it. I suggest you re-read my post, because it's multitudes more supportive than just saying "Yeah you have it sucks to be you" as a lot of people do.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 10:37:30 AM by como »

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Hmmm, hey como,

He asked if it's gyne, the answer is yes.  Not to difficult to diagnose.

He asked how to get rid of them, couple of responses replied surgery.  Thats really all he can do to get rid of them.

I mean, he didn't ask for support to boost his self esteem, or reassurance that it's all in his head.  So we answered his question.

What's so bad about that?

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I agree silly, actully I think its the other way around with some people.

They will look at a picture and say: "thats nothing kid, mines so much worse, what are you worried about?"

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I agree silly, actully I think its the other way around with some people.

They will look at a picture and say: "thats nothing kid, mines so much worse, what are you worried about?"

Offline como

• Posting Member
Hmmm, hey como,

He asked if it's gyne, the answer is yes.  Not to difficult to diagnose.

He asked how to get rid of them, couple of responses replied surgery.  Thats really all he can do to get rid of them.

I mean, he didn't ask for support to boost his self esteem, or reassurance that it's all in his head.  So we answered his question.

What's so bad about that?

That's a good point. I re-read all of the posts on this page and none of them were what I would classify as harsh. I wasn't necessarily saying that this thread contained harsh comments, I was just giving him a heads up on what happens sometimes. I've seen so many threads where someone's pictures didn't merit the responses they received, and just wanted to make sure he'd keep that in mind.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024