Author Topic: need help with carbs!!!  (Read 2772 times)

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
not really extremley over weight here_ but i would like to lose 10 to 12  pounds.

i know the key is to keep the water in take coming and exercise-

the food problem is where i get stuck_  what carbs should i eat?  and which are some that i should avoid?
i always here stay away from the white stuff flour,sugar ect..  
 but if somebody out there could gice me a starters list of some foods with the good carbs that i should eat and what are some of the foods with the bad carbs that i should avoid it would be greatly appreciated.
 usally on my lunch break i will go to a sandwich shop near my job and pick up a sub with wheat bread.. should i stay away from that because of the bread?????

Offline zjab58

• Gold Member
  • Edging dangerously close to sanity.
You're on the right track. Stay with the wheat bread. Check the ingrediants, if it says whole weat or whole grain then you're good. If it says anything about proccessed or something like that than it is dyed white bread.  You know what to stay away from. There are many reason to stay away from the sugary and the white stuff that I don't have time to go into right now, I will later if you want.
Just remember carbs are not the enemy. They are the only energy your brain can use. They are supposed to make up half of your caloric intake. The problem is that most people take in about 75% of their calories in carbs.
It's all common sense really. And you seem to know what ur talking about.

Offline TheSlacker

• Posting Member
ok first of all i will tell you to stay away from all these low carb products (i HATE THIS DIET). however cutting back and "relocating" on carbs will help you. try to replace your white breads and white rice with its wholegrain brother. they have much more nutritional value. reduce sugar intake. simple carbs like glucose (table sugar) are absorbed very quickly. therefore if you eat a lot of it and don't exercise it off then it will be stored as fat. complex carbs such are whole wheat bread and pasta are slower to absorb (due to the amount of chemical reactions required to convert them to pure glucose, that is why you get the quick energy rush from sugar and not from spaghetti)

but to make it simple. just limit your sugar intake. cut out the pop and candy. get a little bit of it so you don't go crazy. you don't need to stop eating bread to lose weight. just don't eat 3 loaves a day. too many people are scared of eating bread, so they get their double cheeseburger without a bun. don't be like those people. the only reason these people are losing weight is because they are depriving themselves of their body's MAIN energy source. might as well take out 2 spark plugs in your car  ::)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 11:29:17 AM by TheSlacker »

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
start BOXING! boxing will help you lose weight faster than you will ever experience and at the same time tone your body at the same time, if what you are trying to do is lose 10 lbs. You dont have to fight if you dont want to either, just tell your trainer you want to do it as an excerise. i box and i decide about a month or a month and a half before i fight what weightclass i want to fight in (cruiserweight or heavyweight) if im heavyweight at the time i drop 10 pounds like nothing and vice versa. not only is it a great workout but its extremely fun you will most likely love it. give it a try! if you do let me know how it all turns out and how you like it

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024