Author Topic: water ,how much  (Read 2705 times)

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
hi guys ,im starting to hopefully lose some wieght and body fat for the summer since my op last wednesday,reading alot of posts drinking water seams to have alot of benifits ,problem is im not keen on water on its own,
just wondering how much water in pints/literswhen on a diet should you drink a day,is still flavoured water ok

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
4 500 ML water bottles is 64 ounces you are reccomended to get 8 8 ounce glasses of water (64 ounces) to loose weight/optimul hydration.

I drink 5 water bottles a day about 72 ounces of water and i have lost 10 lbs in 2 months albeit i am putting on muscle too that masks my weight loss.
And you loose less weight as you loose more overall bare in mind.

Note 1 water bottle is about 17-19 ounces

Flavoured water has calories..
500 ml x 4 bottles = 2,000 ml or 2 litres a day is the goal for optimul loss, after that i heard it doesnt help much more.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:24:55 AM by brownman »

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
drink about 2-3 liters per day
i finally feel like im a man

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Flavoured water rots your teeth and is also bad for you..many people think it is healthy...when sadly it isn't  :-/

Below is a Q&A from a health page on the web....

have a friend who just got over having cancer and is now on dialysis. I've been trying to tell her the importance of nutrition and drinking water. She does not like water so she consumes a certain flavored water drink. How good is this for her if any? Thank you.
Julie
A.

Some flavored water drinks add just a touch of fruit to flavor the water. This is fine. Glaceau makes some excellent fruit and vitamin waters. Some flavored waters have sugar or artificial sweeteners so they aren't as good. The extra sugar adds calories and no nutritional value and anecdotally, some people seem to react badly to artificial sweeteners. Your friend should check with her doctors about fluid intake, too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024