Author Topic: protein  (Read 3435 times)

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
i keep reading about you must eat alot of protien to help lose fat dose this mean i need to eat steak all day long ,can some one give me a realy good [5/6 meals per day plan]what they would eat/drink,when and how much thanks this forum is realy helpfull

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
Tuna / Salad

Fish / Salad

Peanut Butter Sandwhich w/milk

Lean chicken/meats

Subs

Rice + Chicken or something of the sort

Eat Nuts/Peanuts

My favourite : Whey protein drink usually  2 scoops = 35 + grams of protein if not more, that covers your protein so you can eat good on fruit/veggie and healthy stuff!

One tub is about 44 canadian after-tax and lasts a few weeks you can scale up to super-sized tubs too...

Drink Milk ( 1 glass = 6-9 grams o protein)

i weigh 175 and i need about 30 grams a day to maintain my muscle mass usually 40 does me good for optimal muscle growth, pointless after that.

Golden Rule: 1 gram of protein for every 1 lb of MUSCLE (not weight) per day is what weight lifters use.. some say 2 but thats excessive by alot
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:28:11 AM by brownman »

Offline rodimus

• Posting Member
How do u determine how many lbs of muscle u have?

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Very good question.....lol.

Just eat tuna & drink high protein milk (guersey milk )......forget about the pricey shakes and save money......try a few raw eggs too....plenty of amino acids :)...which are the buliding blocks for muslcle
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 10:24:08 AM by markashleigh1979 »

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
drop a pic with ur weight i can ballpark it probly easily as i work out with 15-30 diff guys lol

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
i dont realy want to build big muscules ,i want to tone up and lose some flab

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
lol 187 grams for a 187 lb person is overkill

of course it says that its also made for body builders and meant to push sales!~

too much protein prob packin the pounds!~

In 2  months i went from benching 45's to 45 + 25 on each side and curling 30 to curling 50's / 45's

and i consume 30 grams - 40 a day max, and i weight 175 lbs! Assuming i am 17-23 ish % muscle only too

Overkill on protein not neccesary. I am moving up extremely fast almost 10 lbs a week in weight and i eat far less protein!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:08:58 AM by brownman »

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
10 pounds of muscle a week? ...i aint doubting it ...if you are Dorien Yates or Ronnie Coleman and have the added help of Juice? .....I didn't realise people on here had such superior genetics....lol.
Do you think some of the weight could be Water? As some supplements are  cell volumisers.....(creatine etc) ;D

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
doont touch creatine your gonna ruin your kidneys i know jocks who this happeend too. Whey is just as effective if not more since its absorption is natural.

not 10 lbs of muscle 10 lbs of weight increase roughly 5lbs a side after the first 3 weeks of adjusting to it
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 07:36:01 AM by brownman »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024