Author Topic: taking action  (Read 2453 times)

Offline seekinghelp08

Hey guys, first off I think this forum and site is great, It is hard to come by good information for gynecomastia, and It helps to know we aren't alone.

Well, my doctor informed me I had gynecomastia in 7th grade, I remember at first I thought i had a cyst or something like that under my nipples.  He told me that it would go away in a year to three years.  Well I am 19 now.  I am incredibly active, i play high level soccer and run frequently.  Now, my gynocomastia isnt too bad, I dont have large fat deposits.  However it is blatently obvious as I am rather thin, with a low body fat percentage and all the tissue is the fibrous kind, very hard and protruding.  It has actually become harder to deal with now that i am thinner, as opposed to the slightly chubby junior higher.  

Anyways, I am trying to tell my parents.  It is just for some reason it is really hard, Ive been trying to for a year or so.  More than anything i just want someone to take my case seriously.  When i go to the doctor I am even afraid to tell him.  I know if i could get the support of my parents things would be easier for me to vocalize my problems to a physician.  Sorry for the length, but as you all know, this is a very personal and strong thing.  

Does anyone have some words of wisdom?  Id really appreciate the advise.  Thanks.

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
see my photos in Canada section!~

i had the consult done, surjury booked then told my mom with the pamphlet they give you, since im paying they cant do squat really and she didnt tell my dad as per my request.

Problem solved :P

told my older sister too, told the rest i am having surjury for a chest problem from benching which is beleiveable since i bench alot for my size!

Goood Luck

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's completely natural to be reluctant to talk about this.  

this was a good past thread once:  
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1136588112
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Hey guys, first off I think this forum and site is great, It is hard to come by good information for gynecomastia, and It helps to know we aren't alone.

Well, my doctor informed me I had gynecomastia in 7th grade, I remember at first I thought i had a cyst or something like that under my nipples.  He told me that it would go away in a year to three years.  Well I am 19 now.  I am incredibly active, i play high level soccer and run frequently.  Now, my gynocomastia isnt too bad, I dont have large fat deposits.  However it is blatently obvious as I am rather thin, with a low body fat percentage and all the tissue is the fibrous kind, very hard and protruding.  It has actually become harder to deal with now that i am thinner, as opposed to the slightly chubby junior higher.  

Anyways, I am trying to tell my parents.  It is just for some reason it is really hard, Ive been trying to for a year or so.  More than anything i just want someone to take my case seriously.  When i go to the doctor I am even afraid to tell him.  I know if i could get the support of my parents things would be easier for me to vocalize my problems to a physician.  Sorry for the length, but as you all know, this is a very personal and strong thing.  

Does anyone have some words of wisdom?  Id really appreciate the advise.  Thanks.

If u feel it bugs u then get it done and dont be afriad,....U will only suffer more if u wiat like i did.......Lost good years from being embarrassed, so just get up the nerve and do it.Go to a PS...................

All the best 8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 04:37:12 PM by crow »
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline aloe

• Bronze Member
Hey,

I know how hard it can be to talk to parents.  I have one suggestion.  Write it down and give it to them or mail it to them (or email it to them if they have email).  That way, you don't have to deal with their initial reaction, and it gives them time to think, too, before you talk about it in person with them.  You could end the note by saying that you want to talk directly to them about it, but writing it down helps you to say it more clearly.

Just a suggestion.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024