Author Topic: any doctors is san diego  (Read 3538 times)

Offline JamesIsConfused90

• Posting Member
anyone know fo a good doctor in san diego

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Dr. Sanders is in Encino, which is about 3 hours away from San Diego. That's who I saw and would recommend him.

Offline samgyne28

• Bronze Member
hi.  If youre in San Diego, you should check out Dr. Schafer at www.micro-lipo.com
Definately try him out and post his latest fees on here.  Thanks.

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
Avoid Schafer.

First and foremost, he's not a plastic surgeon.  He's a head and neck doctor that performs liposuction.  100% unqualified.

Secondly, his liposuction technique is terrible.  One side will be larger than the other, and you'll end up with lots of scar tissue.  You'll be left with glandular tissue as well, so your chest will still protrude even after lipo.

Lastly, he SUCKS.  He charges $6,500 and your chest will look the same or even worse.  Don't be fooled by the pictures or the video.  He takes pictures immediately after the vest removal, so his patients look flat initially.  However, an hour or so later, the chest begins to protrude again.  As for the video, I suspect the dude's nipple was damaged as a result of Schafer's poor technique ... yet Schafer blamed it on an infection.

Don't be fooled.

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
Avoid Schafer.

First and foremost, he's not a plastic surgeon.  He's a head and neck doctor that performs liposuction.  100% unqualified.

Secondly, his liposuction technique is terrible.  One side will be larger than the other, and you'll end up with lots of scar tissue.  You'll be left with glandular tissue as well, so your chest will still protrude even after lipo.

Lastly, he SUCKS.  He charges $6,500 and your chest will look the same or even worse.  Don't be fooled by the pictures or the video.  He takes pictures immediately after the vest removal, so his patients look flat initially.  However, an hour or so later, the chest begins to protrude again.  As for the video, I suspect the dude's nipple was damaged as a result of Schafer's poor technique ... yet Schafer blamed it on an infection.

Don't be fooled.

Who are some surgeons in San Diego that you would recommend?

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
It depends on your situation.

If your breasts are mostly fat and not breast tissue, you might want to see Dr. Lee (Del Mar) or Dr. Brahme (University City / La Jolla).

Neither of these doctors do excision, so you need to be sure it's not glandular tissue that causes your chest to protrude.

Dr. Lee uses Vaser to remove the fat and does a great job doing it, but you'll be left with 4 small scars.  I noticed that some of his patients were left with inverted nipples though because he attacks the fat like crazy with the Vaser technique.  He's a very cool and honest guy.  It'll run about $6,000.

Dr. Brahme is an expert in plastic surgery, but doesn't really specialize in male breast reductions.  He's an awesome dude, and I'd definitely trust him.  He uses aggressive liposuction to remove the fat.  It'll also run about $6,000.

I'm not too familiar with Dr. Pousti, but his before and after pictures on his website look impressive.  I'm not sure what technique he uses, but he charges $6,500-$7,000.

If I were you, I'd travel to see Dr. Corbin in the Los Angeles area.  He charges from $6,000 to $8,000, but his before and after pictures / videos are VERY impressive

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
It depends on your situation.

If your breasts are mostly fat and not breast tissue, you might want to see Dr. Lee (Del Mar) or Dr. Brahme (University City / La Jolla).

Neither of these doctors do excision, so you need to be sure it's not glandular tissue that causes your chest to protrude.

Dr. Lee uses Vaser to remove the fat and does a great job doing it, but you'll be left with 4 small scars.  I noticed that some of his patients were left with inverted nipples though because he attacks the fat like crazy with the Vaser technique.  He's a very cool and honest guy.  It'll run about $6,000.

Dr. Brahme is an expert in plastic surgery, but doesn't really specialize in male breast reductions.  He's an awesome dude, and I'd definitely trust him.  He uses aggressive liposuction to remove the fat.  It'll also run about $6,000.

I'm not too familiar with Dr. Pousti, but his before and after pictures on his website look impressive.  I'm not sure what technique he uses, but he charges $6,500-$7,000.

If I were you, I'd travel to see Dr. Corbin in the Los Angeles area.  He charges from $6,000 to $8,000, but his before and after pictures / videos are VERY impressive

I know I'm going to sound like an ass saying this but I want a surgeon who will not only get rid of the gyno but hopefully leave me with an atheletic looking chest and no scars.  I workout all the time but the gyno covers the definition of my pecs.  Does anyone go through the armpits instead of the nipples?  I don't want it to be obvious that I had surgery.  

Here are some pics of my chest:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1134804570;start=0

Offline removethese

• Posting Member
None of them go through the armpit.  Schafer goes through the sides below the armpit, but the scars are visible, and the results aren't good.

It looks like you have glandular tissue, so do NOT settle for lipo-only.  You probably need excision, which, of course, puts a scar on the areola.

I have a consultation with Dr. Wallace coming up.  I'll let you know how it goes.  She's a plastic surgeon that specifically works on breasts (both male and female), so we'll see what happens.  From what I've heard, she does amazing work.

I suggest you see a doctor and have some blood tests taken to see if there's a hormonal imbalance.

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
None of them go through the armpit.  Schafer goes through the sides below the armpit, but the scars are visible, and the results aren't good.

It looks like you have glandular tissue, so do NOT settle for lipo-only.  You probably need excision, which, of course, puts a scar on the areola.

I have a consultation with Dr. Wallace coming up.  I'll let you know how it goes.  She's a plastic surgeon that specifically works on breasts (both male and female), so we'll see what happens.  From what I've heard, she does amazing work.

I suggest you see a doctor and have some blood tests taken to see if there's a hormonal imbalance.

Hey good luck with everything!  Definitely keep us posted with how it goes.  Are you getting the excision?

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member
AVOID CORBIN,  I THINK HE IS UNDER INDICTMENT RIGHT NOW FOR FRAUD RIGHT NOW

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024