Author Topic: I need some opinions  (Read 3749 times)

Offline H-town

• Posting Member
I'm 15, about to turn 16 in a month and a half, weigh 160 punds, and am 5'11. I was wondering if anyone could confirm i have gynecomastia. i started developing breasts like this when i was in 4th grade and i dont think i'll be getting rid of them anytime soon. I have tried everything to get rid of them, ranging from working out to diets. I'm not unhealthy or fat or anything, and would like to know if the only way out of this is surgery.

If anyone could give me any advice or say anything, i'd appreciate it alot, thanks

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Hey thats sound advice there.

And yeah you look like a great candidate for extreme exercise and diet routine.

There are a couple of guys at this site (bignipct, stonecold, couple of others), who've done some amazing things through diet and exercise.  I encourage you to search for their posts and pics, it's really inspiring stuff to see their results from working out.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 05:21:05 AM by silly_guy »

Offline H-town

• Posting Member
thanks alot guys, so you think if i go to the gym and stuff and get myself in pretty good shape this will disapear overtime? like by getting more muscles and producing more testosterone? i'm pretty sure i understand it. thanks alot and ill check out and see what other people have done through working out, and hopefully i can post my own in a couple months!

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Well I don't know much about hormone levels and stuff.  But I do know that mild gyne doesn't look bad at all on a hard muscular shape.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it probably won't disappear, but it's a good thing to do anyway, especially if you decide to go for an op anyway.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 10:12:27 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline H-town

• Posting Member
not disapear meaning it won't completly go away, or not dispear as in i can reduce the size of them

Offline Tired

• Bronze Member
I have something similar to what you have. And i can say with some certainty that it will not go away with diets/working out. Of course working out and getting in shape is a good thing, and as many have said, do it even if it does not help that specific gyne problem. Muscles can even push the gyne out more, making it worse (did that for me)
You have more then just puffy nipples, and i am sorry to say this. You will eventually have to consider the operation if you feel you need it.

But get on the excercise train and work your chest/body lifing wheights. It might work, just don't hold your breath.

Good luck!

Offline H-town

• Posting Member
does anyone here have any information on the procedure, like how much it costs, recovery, if my age matters, etc.

Offline matson

• Posting Member
   Hey bud, you do have gyno and should get surgery. Talk to your parents and see if they can help you. If not start saving now and when your 18 do it. No amount of exercise is going to change your breasts, you can get all kinds of muscle but I'm sorry you need surgery.

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member
interesting - from the front, your chest looks very full, but from the side, it's not so bad...

i'm not sure what to make of this, but i agree with the posts above. work out. you're 15, you're young. i've mentioned this alot, but you 15 year olds have yet to reach your hormonal peak. take advantage of your increasing T levels now and build muscle and lose fat. don't go crazy, just take it one day at a time, and by 20, you'll, with enough discipline, hopefully be in better shape.

by that time, if your chest is still shaped as it is, consult a board certified physician to see if it's mainly fat or if it's actual gland. gland can only be surgically removed, so by then, if you know in your heart you've done everything else possible, then do surgery as a last resort.

careful with the chest exercises though - don't hit those too hard; they might make your chest even more protrusive. if you do bench, try high reps, lower weight.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024