Author Topic: Jeffrey Melton M.D. Chicago, any experience?  (Read 4269 times)

Offline enquirer

• Posting Member
I am looking for a surgeon in Chicago area. Did a search on net and found Dr. Melton’s website (http://www.drmelton.com/) on the top of the search result list. His website says he is Director of Cosmetic Surgery at University of Illinois at Chicago. According to the website it will cost $3,000 for the surgery.

I am looking for someone who actually had any experience with this guy. Please let me know of your experience with him.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 04:30:00 PM by enquirer »

Offline vickin

I will be havnig a consult with Dr. Melton this April for Liposuction.  I also came across his webiste which I found extremely informative and extensive.   I'm in Michigan about 3 hours away and when I contacted his office the Receptionist was very helpful as the Doctor only does consults on Tuesday afternoons.  I explained to her the length of our drive, the 1 hour time difference and our 2 children we had to pick up from daycare.  She said the Doctor may do a 11am for us and she would get back with me. The next day, she called and the Doctor said he would see me.  This gave me a good impression!  I received his information packet in the mail yesterday and it was loaded with informtion.  Probably about 15 pages worth and most looked familiar because it seemed to be off his webiste.  It also included a published hard cover book explaining the procedure (written by other doctors).  Although I haven't meant him yet I like what I've seen so far.  I did go on the University webiste Dr. Melton says he's connected to and it did have him listed as on the of Professors in the Dermatology department. I'm cancelling another consult appointment I have in Chicago with another doctor because I did not get the warm fuzzy from the receptionist.  When I asked about information packets/directions she just referred me to their website.  First impression not good although the doctor may be excpetional (Dr. Phil endorses him).

Good luck to you!

Offline enquirer

• Posting Member
I will be havnig a consult with Dr. Melton this April for Liposuction.  I also came across his webiste which I found extremely informative and extensive.   I'm in Michigan about 3 hours away and when I contacted his office the Receptionist was very helpful as the Doctor only does consults on Tuesday afternoons.  I explained to her the length of our drive, the 1 hour time difference and our 2 children we had to pick up from daycare.  She said the Doctor may do a 11am for us and she would get back with me. The next day, she called and the Doctor said he would see me.  This gave me a good impression!  I received his information packet in the mail yesterday and it was loaded with informtion.  Probably about 15 pages worth and most looked familiar because it seemed to be off his webiste.  It also included a published hard cover book explaining the procedure (written by other doctors).  Although I haven't meant him yet I like what I've seen so far.  I did go on the University webiste Dr. Melton says he's connected to and it did have him listed as on the of Professors in the Dermatology department. I'm cancelling another consult appointment I have in Chicago with another doctor because I did not get the warm fuzzy from the receptionist.  When I asked about information packets/directions she just referred me to their website.  First impression not good although the doctor may be excpetional (Dr. Phil endorses him).

Good luck to you!

Hello.
Did you finally have your appointment with Dr. Jefferey Melton of Chicago for your Gyne? Would you like to share your experience? I am planning on seeing him also. Thanks.

Offline titman

• Posting Member
I saw Dr. Melton a few weeks ago, he is very friendly and answers all your questions, though he only does lipo. He seems to prefer not to cut around the areola, which I think limits the ability to take out the gland.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 08:07:55 AM by travshead »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024