Author Topic: Would love your opinion on a question  (Read 2118 times)

Offline InKubus

• Posting Member
  • Gyne = a harsh result of circumstances
I've been researching gyne and lurking on these forums for awhile (posted a few times). Thought I'd throw up my pics

here they are in natural light

with a flash on (really amps up the contrast)

close up

right nipple 45% profile

left nipple 45% profile

right nipple close up

I'm planning on meeting a surgeon asap to discuss what a endocrinologist said to me.

He said that my gyne is due to a family history on my mom's side and teenage obesity.

(I used to weigh 225 pounds when I was 13-14 but I slimmed down to 180 lbs. I have since started bodybuilding and I'm up to 190lbs. I'm going to cut fat once I hit about 195 and my goal is a lean 190lbs.)

He said that within two years appoximately my gyne will have shrunk or gone away. He said losing weight helps and the lower my body fat the faster the gyne will dissolve.

btw the gyne developed when I was 13-14 and I'm 19 now.

Everything I have read is kind of counter to this statement. I have gland gyne under both nipples (the gland is approx 6cm wide x 3cm across and high)

Having the surgery right now isn't that feasible as I am really busy but I'm going to have one or two months off next year.

Should I book the surgery or should I wait a year and see if what the endocrinologist said is true? I'm planning on visiting a PS to get his opinion anyway. Just figured I'd make myself known and say hello.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 09:01:38 PM by InKubus »
Gynecomastia: An Oddessy of the common man.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Has your endo said you haven't finished or have just finished puberty? .Everyone finishes it at different times and as he would have said gyne resolves naturally sometimes.

I agree though that if you are nineteen it is getting rather late. What you have is deffo gynecomastia and from looking at you, your not fat now.Although I am loathed to say a doctor is wrong when I do not have a medical degree.  ;D

However always take everything you read objectively , A PS might say your gyne will not resolve for commercial interests. IE would he turn business away?. I would not go to a PS for an objective opinion on this.

I can see three options for you as you are not wanting it right now , 1 see another endo this endo coold be talking out of his arse 2 wait the year hit the gym and see if he is right. 3 If your the gyne is really bothering you get the surgery when you want.

I saw an endo as my gyno was caused by a specific med that I was taking and mine resolved quite a bit after coming off it. And my endo also told me that the weight I put on due to the med would have contributed to the gyne as well. nd he was right when I came off the drug and got fit mine improved greatly. So he might be right on the obesity thing. Although I am not too sure if your gyne will resolve.....

Personally I would if you have the cash see another endo and get their opinion on it resolving naturally.I think it is a bit pointless to have surgery if it is going to resolve naturally. It is not like having a tooth out and also costs a lot.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 10:33:48 PM by Worrier »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024