Author Topic: Surgery in 6 days!  (Read 3360 times)

Offline redbaron

Great news! After nine months of tests, fighting with insurance companies, etc, I was given the final preperation sit down. After talking with my uncle, a plastic surgeon who does not do these types of procedures, he recommended Dr. Perry, a well known plastic surgeon in my area (Buffalo, New York). I am having surgery with Dr. Perry on Monday morning- and it's covered by insurance!
I have met with Dr. Perry twice. The consultation went well, although it was a bit short and just a simple explanation of the procedure. Today, he discussed exactly how he will do it in detail, meticulously. He answered every question I could come up with, with a detailed and knowledgable answer. He actually seems like a pretty eccentric guy, but his knowledge and reputation make me comfortable with this choice. I must sound like an advertisement right now, and I don't want to get too excited before the surgery, but I have a good feeling about this. I'll let you know how surgery goes!

Offline lafilip

• Posting Member
You should be pleased it not every insurance company will cover this procedure. Most pay out of pocket!

Offline oldgynodude

• Posting Member
Indeed, I thought the only way insurance companies in the U.S. would cover this procedure is if it was causing some sort of actual physical problems (i.e., cancerous growth, physical pain, etc.).

Anyways, good luck and it's natural to be nervous. I wasn't nervous at all the week before surgery, but the day of, when I was at the office and getting prepped, I was very nervous. (my blood pressure was high, normally i have normal readings). They gave me a valium so I was good to go. It's over quicker than you think.

Offline GynoVict1m

• Gold Member
  • Stand Strong
which insurance company did you use??

more info about insurance please

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024