Author Topic: Fast food causes gyno?  (Read 7114 times)

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
I just watched the movie Super size me (the one bout the guy that eats macdonald's for 30 days) and it looked to me like he developed gyno in the process.
i used to eat alot of MCD's when i was around the age i developed my gyno, and i mean alot, 1-3 times a week!
maybe alot of heavier people have gyno is because the people who eat fast food are the people who develop gyno... think about it

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Some Say...lol... ;DMac Donalds use cows that have been injected with oestrogen .Oestrogen causes gyne

http://www.mcspotlight.org/people/witnesses/nutrition/arnott.html

http://www.kamera.co.uk/reviews_extra/super_size_me.php

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
fine i'll say it, mcdonalds ruined my life! :P
j/k i shouldn't blame anyone except myself, but if i had known how bad it is for me.. i would never have eaten it for sure.

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member
Some Say...lol... ;DMac Donalds use cows that have been injected with oestrogen .Oestrogen causes gyne

http://www.mcspotlight.org/people/witnesses/nutrition/arnott.html

http://www.kamera.co.uk/reviews_extra/super_size_me.php

whoa - good to know.
but generally speaking, aren't ALL fatty foods (including mickey d's and other fast food chains) "secondary" gyne-inducers?... in the sense that these foods cause an increase in the size of fat cells/adipose tissue, and fat cells are known to produce estrogen, so greater fat cells = greater levels of estrogen produced, which in turn = increased possibility of gland formation in the breast?

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t

whoa - good to know.
but generally speaking, aren't ALL fatty foods (including mickey d's and other fast food chains) "secondary" gyne-inducers?... in the sense that these foods cause an increase in the size of fat cells/adipose tissue, and fat cells are known to produce estrogen, so greater fat cells = greater levels of estrogen produced, which in turn = increased possibility of gland formation in the breast?

You're right about more fat cells producing more estrogen, but fat does not necessarily make you fat.  You gain fat by consuming excess calories throughout the day, but more importantly at one sitting.  Your body can only take in and use so many calories in one sitting and when you eat say something thats really sugary for example it causes insulin levels to spike and store fat energy.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Fat is a major factor in many people who have Gynecomastia, but this is a bit of a stretch.

Generally speaking, Cows are not used for meat, But Steers are!  Steers are castrated bulls.

It is true that some foods contain Estrogen or Estrogen-like compounds in small amounts but their effect is virtually nil if you eat a healthy and varied diet.
Grandpa Dan

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
hehe im not over weight at all and my butt is on the big side ;/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 01:47:16 PM by GodWasAngry »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you have fatty deposits in both the breast area and around the hips, thighs, and buttocks; you could have a hormonal issue.  Especially so if you are not generally obese. This type of fat distribution is sometimes called gynecoid obesity (even though you are not obese per se) and it could be caused by Estrogen dominance.

Note that Estrogen dominance does not necessarily mean that you have excess Estrogen, it could also mean that your Testosterone levels are low. To carry this a bit further, your hormone levels need not be out of "normal" range if your Estrogen was at he high end of normal and your Testosterone levels were in the low end of normal. This kind of evaluation really needs an Endocrinologist.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
If you have fatty deposits in both the breast area and around the hips, thighs, and buttocks; you could have a hormonal issue.  Especially so if you are not generally obese. This type of fat distribution is sometimes called gynecoid obesity (even though you are not obese per se) and it could be caused by Estrogen dominance.

Note that Estrogen dominance does not necessarily mean that you have excess Estrogen, it could also mean that your Testosterone levels are low. To carry this a bit further, your hormone levels need not be out of "normal" range if your Estrogen was at he high end of normal and your Testosterone levels were in the low end of normal. This kind of evaluation really needs an Endocrinologist.

I kind of get fat like that, but i can also pack on muscle by watching people lift weights.  I can't even do push up, pull ups, or run up hill without gaining muscle weight. Is it posible to put on muscle easily and have low test levels?

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
you can eat 60% worth of fats like olive oil ,nuts 35%percent protein and 30 grams of carbs . and lose fat and mantain muscle.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024