Author Topic: last depressing school year .. then college.  (Read 3069 times)

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
Hey guys,  I've had this condition since likely the age of 10 or 11.  I am now 17 going on 18 in a month.  My last highschool year starts in a week and all I can think about is what people will think of me with my PUFFY nipple condition.  When im around people I act with such confidence and self worth that most of them dont even notice the condition.  But I constantly think about it and look at myself in the mirror with sheer disgust.
    I would consider myself a pretty hansome fellow in the face and other areas of my body.  I am also quite overweight.  I weigh about 245 lbs and am 5'11.  I know that you think im just a fat ass but most people tell me I dont look that overweight.  Ive constantly tried dieting throughout my youth but nothing has ever worked.  I love FOOD, it is a big part of my life and keeps me alive.  Im really planning on excercising and working out my chest A LOT this year.   My family is very supportive of me and without them I think I would of committed suicide already.  I have an overactive brain and am constantly paranoid as well.
     Anyways, back to the matter at hand.  I am starting up my last year of school in 1 week and am completely depressed.  I constantly ask myself questions like "why cant it be over?" and "am I crazy?".  I have a good number of friends and aquaintances but most of them have drifted from me lately because I am just an not a nice person that dosent enjoy peoples company.  I have experienced with various drugs throughout my youth and am somewhat convinced that they have something to do with my problems.  Every school year I feel as though im going a little bit crazier than the last.  I think that I think way too much and its killing me inside.  I cant even get a job because I lack the confidence.  Ive talked to my mom about everything and she told me she is gonna help me lose weight during the school year.    
      Someone once told me that life gets much better after highschool.  I really hope this is true because I really beleive it.  Things that people have called me over the years and said to me about my gyne constantly flow through my head.  I feel like everything is overdone and my life is just going to be the same thing that men have been doing since the dawn of civilization.  Thanks for letting me vent guys, I feel much better.

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
hang in there bro. i just finished my last year of highschool and only recently did i get surgery.

on the other hand, even though you love food, its not impossible for you to lose weight. you just have to choose the right kinds. look up a nice diet, and stay active, play sports, go to the gym, whatever. When i was in 10th grade i started doing heavy lifting, goin to the gym everyday. I tell you after a good workout i feel so good, that i didnt even notice any depression i had. And by the way. you mentioned "working out your chest A LOT". If the reason you are goign to be working out is to improve you gyne, then you do NOT want to strictly focus on building up your chest, doing so can just make it more noticeable. the best thing to do it have a balanced work out consisting of cardio, and a rotation of ALL of the muscle groups. focusing on just one area wont do you any good, believe me. yourre approaching your athletic peak in life, take advantage of it.

but although im sure lifting weights isnt the only thing that can make you happier. you just have to find something you love doing, and keep doing it, to get your mind off of all the bad things and you will be fine.

best of luck mate.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:41:28 PM by tnel00son »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Look at the brighter side.

If you are nearly 18, it means that you were born in 1988, right? That means that male breast reduction surgery has been available for as long as you have been alive.

I was born in 1937, and I was 50 years old before the modern methods of breast reductions surgery were starting to be available.

So lighten up and rejoice that you live in a time when there actually are choices.

Good Luck.
Grandpa Dan

pjnIL

All I can say is weight loss is exceedingly difficult.  Especially if you are suffering from depression or other psychological factors.  I suffered from these a lost.  I am 18 now and a freshmen in college.  I have to say it does get better.  There will be some people who are very immature.  If you really want to lose weight consult your physician about weight loss pills.  I was on Phentermine for a timeand lost 60lbs.  Unfortunately I did gain it back.  But it does help if you change your eating habits.  Don't cut out your favorite stuff.  Just try eating half of it.  But high school was difficult.  Also if you suffer paranoia or depression etc. consult a good psychologist first.  They will try to work out your problems before just handing out medicine.  Just hold in there.  

Offline keelo

• Bronze Member
I know you love food but if you want it that bad you will do what it takes. I lost 100 lbs on pure will and hard work. Anyone can do the same.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
I am starting up my last year of school in 1 week and am completely depressed.  
this is normal, but finding out what it is is where things start to turn around, so take heart.  
Someone once told me that life gets much better after highschool.  
yeah, the independent environment is a plus, but i think the discovery above is more important.  
I feel like everything is overdone and my life is just going to be the same thing that men have been doing since the dawn of civilization.  
thankfully in the modern age you now have more choices than acceptance.  
Thanks for letting me vent guys,
we all need to occasionally.  ain't the internet great.    
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024