Author Topic: Ten years of pain  (Read 9803 times)

Offline SweMale

• Posting Member
This is my story and hopefully how it will progress ...

I started receiving gyne when I was around 11 and I had never heard of anything like it so I didn't know what it was. I basically tried not to care and hoped that it would disappear, well it hasn't and I'm almost 21 now. Before I got gyne I was really physically active, I played soccer, tennis and bowling.

When it didn't get any better I first quit soccer (because of showering with the others ...), short thereafter I quit tennis and the only physical activity I was involved in was bowling. The problem with bowling was that we started playing games against other teams and it required me to shower not only with my team mates but the other team as well. So I gave up bowling when I was around 14 ...

I always loved doing physical activity ... but because of the gyne and that I had never heard or seen of anything like it I didn't know if it could be fixed or anything. So I started skipping school gym class as well, I almost failed in gym class because of this.

I gave up all physical activity and became a nerd, no need to off your t-shirt while playing games and drinking coke ;).  This of course made me fat, I had a little bit of fat on my body before that, but not as fat as I became during the years until 19. I basically gained weight during 14 -> 19 years old. When I was 19 I weighed close to 270lbs (due to no physical activity and being depressed, feeling like shit and eating junk food all the time (I didn't care about my physical health at all, and if I had continued I guess I would be dead before turning 40) ...).

I'm not what made me take care of my life, but I have done ... I decided that eating junk food, not exercising and not caring about my body wouldn't lead my anywhere ... so I started exercising on a regular basis, things that I didn't need to shower with others.

Started walking, bicycling, eating healthy and caring about myself. The main reason for trying to lose weight was that I thought the gyne would disappear ... well it hasn't but now I've lost lots of weight ... today I weigh 187lbs (almost 100lbs gone :P). My gyne is really bad, I basically got a C-cup (I've tried bras and C-cup would be what I would need if I used bras ...). I've also started doing weight lifting but I don't shower with the others, I go home and shower by myself. I works ok, but I wish I would  be able to shower with others, I wish I could go swimming with friends and all that sort of stuff.

The good thing now is that this year I got to know what gyne is and that it can be fixed. I went to a physician in May and I've got a new time in November (however this is not an operation date but like a checkup), my physician told me that I had his full support to getting it fixed and that he had friends that worked with psychology and that they could write recommendations (without me having to even talk to them or see them) that this was a BIG psychological problem for me.

He also told me that he would make the Swedish hospital system pay for this operation, because I said I didn't have the money for the operation (I don't) and that it was necessary for me. I payed $12 for my first visit and I will pay $8 for the checkup (including blood samples that my physician told me they need to take) and the operation will cost me a whopping $12.

So I will pay $32 total (if no other problems comes up) for getting this fixed (and maybe some costs for medications later). I don't know the exact time when I will get an operation date ... but my physician told me that an operation is likely to happen in January/February 2007 ...

I can't wait for it to get fixed, I can't even remember the freedom of being able to shower with others (or taking off shirts) and not having everybody STARING at my chest. After it is fixed I will pick up swimming (I love swimming but I don't do it now ... I guess all you can figure out why ;)), start playing soccer (with an amateur team) and going to beaches.

Why am I writing this? I don't know really, it just feels liberating to write this and getting answers from people that know how it feels.

If you got any questions I will answer them all (if I can), told my mom today (of course she knew about it (you CAN tell if I don't wear HUGE shirts), but she didn't know that I had went to see a physician for it), she's very supportive and told me that she would help me in any way she can.

It feels like the sun is shining on me again (even though I haven't had it fixed, but the knowledge that I will get it fixed) 8)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
that's great.  hope it shines for a very long time.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.
Good luck and stick with it!  Keep us posted!

Offline iceman1460

• Posting Member
swemale i can 100%relate to wot ur saying.from reading ur post i can say iwent throuhg a very very similar experience. My gyne quite bad too. I have had the operation 10 days ago, and i am feeling over the moon. i am able to buy any cloths i want, and i too was a very good swimmer, when i was about 16/17 iwas to ashamed to go. i am now 21, and once i have recoveed properly, il be hitting all those sport again.
:-)

Offline SweMale

• Posting Member
iceman1460: That's great :)

Warlord: I will, of course :)

It feels like time is ticking so slowly, why do I have to wait until November for my check up? I know I'm impatient ... but hey, I really do want to get it fixed - I even told my mom that if they say that they aren't going to fix it I'm going to cut it off by myself. But my mom says that "It isn't that bad", come on, I'm a guy with a C-cup :-X

Offline puffnip4

I know how you feel. I'm  31yrs old and just got the operation about 4 mths ago. I was happy the first couple of weeks but then the nips started puffing out again. My gyne isn't fully back but it seems like something was done wrong. All I can say is you need to set realistic expectations because you may not look as good as you expect. I can't lie , I am happier but still feel self conscious about those nips. I hope all goes well with your operation, because what I have noticed is alot of people are very dissatisfied with the operation. And to boot it's quite expensive. Good luck!!

Offline SweMale

• Posting Member
All I can say is you need to set realistic expectations because you may not look as good as you expect.

Well when I check out some pictures in the "User photo" section of some people that do have gyn (but not as bad as I do) I get the feeling that "It would be ok to look like that, if I only had that small I probably wouldn't care" (no I'm not saying that YOU shouldn't fix "small" gyn if you aren't happy about it). I mean with small gyn you CAN go into a locker room without everyone staring at you, if I come in with my C-cup breasts everyone in the locker room will stare at me. Been there, done that. 95% of the people in a locker room will stare.

I mean, at 187lbs on 6 feet you shouldn't have a C-cup. I've seen guys that weight TWICE or TRICE as much as I do with a smaller chest.

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
Hello Swemale,

Jag är också från Sverige. I'm just wondering what did you do and to which doctor did you go to?

I also have gyne, but dont know where to start. and please mention how long did the process take?

Thank you och lycka till!

Offline nogyne29

• Posting Member
  • headstrong
wow! it must be great getting the surgery paid for with little money out of your pocket. i just had my surgery done, and it cost me about $3400. and on top of that, i still may need another revision surgery in the future  :P
i hope that one day in the U.S. this surgery can be funded by the gov. due to the devistating psychological effects it has on people. its an awful feeling when you stop doing the things you love (like sports) due to this damn gyne. condition. best of luck to ya swe!

Offline SweMale

• Posting Member
wow! it must be great getting the surgery paid for with little money out of your pocket. i just had my surgery done, and it cost me about $3400. and on top of that, i still may need another revision surgery in the future  :P
i hope that one day in the U.S. this surgery can be funded by the gov. due to the devistating psychological effects it has on people. its an awful feeling when you stop doing the things you love (like sports) due to this damn gyne. condition. best of luck to ya swe!

Well, we pay some of the highest taxes in the world ... so I suppose that you should at least get something in return. I think it should be reconsidered what gyne treatment is, it's not a cosmetic thing to me. A man is not supposed to have breasts, I mean if I had excess tissue growing out of my leg, nobody would even argue that it needed to go. Why?

Because you are not suppose to have excess tissue, like a big lump or so around your knee. The body is not supposed to be like that, that wouldn't be considered cosmetic surgery. So why is gyne surgery considered cosmetic surgery? It's something that is there that is not supposed to be ... a friend of mine told me "it's not that bad ..." she's a girl and I replied, "I'm not supposed to have breasts, you're not supposed to have a penis. Imagine having a penis growing in your crotch. Do you think YOU would be comfortable in locker rooms?". Well, it's not THAT bad (I would say having a penis growing in your crotch as a woman would be even worse ...). Well she probably meant well ... I really do. But still ...

itsgoingdown: I have not forgot you (however I don't check this forum all that often ...), I will write you an answer this afternoon. If I can help you the slightest with getting your gyne gone then I will be so happy. I can feel your pain ...

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you!

Offline SweMale

• Posting Member
Hello Swemale,

Jag är också från Sverige. I'm just wondering what did you do and to which doctor did you go to?

I also have gyne, but dont know where to start. and please mention how long did the process take?

Thank you och lycka till!

I haven't got all THAT far yet ... first I visited my vårdcentral (maybe you can translate this for me ;D). I got to see a nurse and I told her I wanted to see a doctor ... she asked me "Why?" and I told her "Do you know what gynecomastia is?", she knew ... later she asked me "Is it bad?". I wore a HUGE sweater ... and I told her how bad it is.

Then she checked on her computer which doctor would be the best for me to go to ... and she booked an appointment for me with him.

Maybe two weeks later I got to see me my doctor ... and he asked what it was that I wanted to talk about. I told him like it was, word by word ... and my story. Then came the inevitable question "Could you take off my shirt for me?" (I thought about all the things he must have seen during his education time ... than made me a little bit more calm). And he just looked at my body and asked me to turn around so he could see me in profile.

After that we went back to his desk. He asked me if I thought this was a problem ... and I told him everything. I guess you all know all the things. And he basically told me that "Yes it is bad, yes I will do all I can to help you." then he wrote a referral to a bigger hospital about 45km away ... and in November I will go see some expert about this. I'm not sure yet, I don't even have the date (but around 10-11-12th of November it said on my preliminary appointment time). And that's how far I've got ...

I'm not 100% sure how everything works ... but I think it will be like this (at least this is how I understand it ...), the experts that I'm going to see will write me a free referral  and give me an appointment with an endochronologist (someone that works with hormones) and they will decided what blood samples they want. Then if the blood samples are OK I can decided whatever hospital in Sweden I want to go to (it doesn't seem like they do the operation in my län ??). Then if it works like this I'm going to choose a clinic that is located in Stockholm (on the green line ...) because their waiting time is the shortest in Sweden (less than four weeks) and they specialize in these things ... I'm not sure if this helped you or not ...

Ask whatever questions you want and I will try to answer them ...

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
Thank you Swemale, it's good to start with  ;)

Right now i've been to a doctor, but i had no results. So guess i'm trying a new doctor.

but thanks again for the info and I wish you all luck in your progress.

btw, there are some medicines in Sweden that cure this condition, and you may get rid of them leaving no scars on you nipple. (it maybe can be a tips for you) If your over 20, you may use them and i've heard they actually work pretty well, according to a doctor I talked with.

Offline SweMale

• Posting Member
Thank you Swemale, it's good to start with  ;)

Right now i've been to a doctor, but i had no results. So guess i'm trying a new doctor.

but thanks again for the info and I wish you all luck in your progress.

btw, there are some medicines in Sweden that cure this condition, and you may get rid of them leaving no scars on you nipple. (it maybe can be a tips for you) If your over 20, you may use them and i've heard they actually work pretty well, according to a doctor I talked with.

Yeah, try another doctor. Medicines? The only medicines I've heard that cures gyne is breast cancer medicines ... hmm but I'm not sure. What types of medicines? Because I asked my doctor if he could write out some type of medicines for me ... and he told me that there weren't any. He told me that surgery was the only solution ... but hey, I would love to hear about medicines ...  

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
Den aktiva substansen är Androstanolon som formas i kroppen från Testosteron. Det finns flera läkemedel i Sverige som innehåller Testosteron men alla är receptbelagda.

So if you talk your doctor, he/she may have some further knowledge. but keep updating so maybe we swedes can follow instructions  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024