Author Topic: Post-Op 'Puffies'?  (Read 7733 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey....

I have read many posts about the guys with puffies having less than satisfactory surgery results. Is there anyone who has had surgery for 'Puffies' only, and are satisfied with the results?

John.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 06:55:56 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline tnel00son

• Silver Member
hey bro, im offically 1 week post op today, the first day i saw the results (3 days post, they looked awsome, they looked 100% perfect for like 2 days, but now 1 week post op, they have a bit of puff to them but when i take a shower or anythign they harden up a little bit and they look perfect again. you think its just temporary swelling? becuase i think he definately took out the right amount of gland.

DrBermant

Hey....

I have read many posts about the guys with puffies having less than satisfactory surgery results. Is there anyone who has had surgery for 'Puffies' only, and are satisfied with the results?

John.

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia.  

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Options for treatment revision surgery for "puffy nipples" depend on the problem to be sculpted.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 04:12:44 AM by DrBermant »

Yo

yep im satisfied

Offline Grandpa Bambu

yep im satisfied

Do you have any 'Before' & 'After' pics posted?

John.

Yo

Nope. I don't have any pictures and that's the way I like it. It's over, done with, finished. If I could just quit worrying about it coming back I'd be ok ;D

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Ummmm to Dr. Bermant,

The original posts ask for patients to discuss their results.

When someone posts a thread asking for self-promotion, feel free to respond then.

From what I've seen in past posts, Dr. Bermant has given a lot of free advice and has educated a lot of people in what their options are when they didn't know where else to turn.  He has put a significant amount of his time (which is not cheap) into answering questions directed to him on this board.  If he chooses to give a detailed explanation to help us better understand what we're all talking about here, then I feel it should be appreciated.  I have taken advantage of the info on his web site and he'll never get paid for it.  He's not asking for you to set up an appointment or pay for his professional advice on this board.  Maybe you should check out some of the links to his informative site.  
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:02:43 AM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
From what I have seen Dr.Bermet gives alot of copy+paster answers.

But to actully answer the question, since I think we all know what puffy nipples means anyways. I had surgery to rid this problem in march, although my results arent 100% perfect I'm still glad I got it there has been much improvement since then.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Although my results arent 100% perfect I'm still glad I got it there has been much improvement since then.

Awesome! Glad to hear that hear that you have seen some improvement.

Thanks for replying....

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024