Author Topic: Merle's 2nd Surgery  (Read 18276 times)

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I am scheduled to have my second surgery on August 31st. I will be off the boards for a short while. The moderators are doing a great job and I have no concerns.

I will keep them updated as to my condition. Like so many things I do around gynecomastia, this is getting a bit of publicity. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, there is supposed to be an article in the ANG Newspapers on Sept 11. If I find the date has changed I will let you know. They don't always let me know is the problem.

I will post before and after photos as I can. The surgery is being done by Miguel Delgado in Novato, CA. Wish me luck.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Merle,
I want to take this time to thank you for providing this forum.  You have more guts and determination than most men, and you've definitely earned my respect for that.  

That being said, I wish you well in your surgery.  My thoughts and prayers will be with you on the 31st.  Rock on!
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Thanks for your thoughts and support. I am home now. I have been staying with friends the last couple of days. It is not good to spend the first couple of days alone.

I was off the pain meds 6 hours after the surgery. There is some discomfort, but mostly when I get up and down. I am in tight bondage and will be till Tuesday when the drains and stiches come out. Then on to the compression vests for six week.

I have no idea how it turned out and won't for several weeks. I am looking forward to my peek on Tuesday.

Thanks again for the support. As always it is an interesting journey. For those that are interested. The surgery was filmed by a show in Austrailia called "what's good for you". Hopefully they will let me know when it airs. It is also part of a feature article that will appear in ANG Newspapers on September the 11th as I currently understand. I had this trail of film and reporters following me through this. It was a bit odd, the price of trying to get out the word. I hope it all turns out well.

Merle

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Merle: I just sent you a PM. I didn't realize you had this thread. Keep us updated on your progress. I'm sure everyone would love to see the before and after pics.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what they said  :)  

i was wondering why you said it was better not being alone at first.  did you mean the moral support, or helping you get around, or what?  

look forward to your updates.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Bleeding is the main concern, and it is hard after the surgery getting your berings. I am back home, but it was good to have others there to assist with the initial round of the drains and getting me stuff as I adjusted to the new outfit.

I am glad to be in my bed, I am bored to tears and there is not much on TV. It will pass soon. I do have the computer to play with. It hurts to set up to long,

Merle

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
geez all the movies and books i would catch up on.  happy healing  ;D

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
  • Surg. Aug 05...Got rev. Apr. 06...Still have breasts!
Hey like to take this opportunity to thank you for the forum....the information and support that myself and others get out of this site is priceless!...If anybody deserves great results is you..wish you the best of luck...hope you recover soon to a moobless new you...thanks again

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Thanks for the kind words and support. I got my drains and some of the stitches out yesterday. I get to take a shower in a couple of hours. I can't wait. The hardest part has been sleeping on my back. Not my normal position.

Pretty sore, but no major pain. I went back to work yesterday. I have a pretty normal schedule the next couple of days and get the rest of the stitches out on Friday.

Not too much brusing. I got to see my chest for the first time, it looks very different. Still in very tight and a lot of bondage. Will be for a while. It will be 4-6 weeks before I have a real idea of what I am going to look like. It will be six months before all the swelling is gone.

Mostly I am looking forward to the end of the vests and getting back into the gym. I will have to be careful to not get used to all this extra time.

Thanks,

Merle

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The hardest part has been sleeping on my back. Not my normal position.

I hear ya broh! I'm a 'side' sleeper. Sleeping on my back was brutal....   :-X

Glad to hear your sugery went well. All the best for a speedy recovery dude.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
just curious as to why you needed a second surgery merle? Was your case mild or severe?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
It was medium. The first surgeon only took about half of it. It was 13 years ago and before I knew anything really about it. It left me with a very odd shape and still no way to see the benefits of weight lifting or wear certain kinds of shirts.

I certainly look different. I am pretty sore, and the electriclty is coming back on in my chest and I keep getting zapped. When I took my first shower this morning I have very little feeling in any of the effected areas. Moving slowly and not letting clients hug me. I just have to be patient for a while.

My mood really dropped after the first real look this morning. Talked with a friend that recently had been through it and it really lifted my mood. I am about as unattractive as you can get right now.

While I was on the table, I had Delgado do my love handels and stomach. 8 hours of lipo, I have been worked over.

Merle

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!

My mood really dropped after the first real look this morning.

Why did your mood drop?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
It has happened after both of my surgeries. The oh my god what have I don't to myself is part of it. Some of it is that you have voluneetarily had yourself hit by a train. It is a pretty nomal and human response to trauma to the body.

When I looked at myself in the mirror, without rapping and bandages, and just saw the devastation to my body, it was overwhelming and I knew what to expect.

So many guys do not have an emotional vocabulary or any real awareness of what happens emotionally in there body and it comes out in many other ways, often undefined anger.

I do have the advantage of being a body oriented therapist so I am pretty aware of my emotional process and the connections.

Merle

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
So many guys do not have an emotional vocabulary or any real awareness of what happens emotionally in there body and it comes out in many other ways, often undefined anger.

It's an emotional roller-coaster ride for sure!   :-/

John.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 10:01:54 AM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024