Author Topic: finally doing this.. please help  (Read 4635 times)

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
hi there.. it took me a while to do this but i finally got the balls to post some pics..

i need to know a few things.. not a major case but its there.. i am in alright shape but i am definetely not very overweight.. i have worked out in the past and it did help a bit..

i guess what i want to know is there ANYTHING i can try to at least reduce this BESIDES surgery?  any workouts? do any pills actually work? I want surgery to be last option especially because there is over a year wait in calgary right now to get this done.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/outshined11/07-07-06_2317.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/outshined11/07-07-06_2320.jpg

all feedback welcome.. thanks guys!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 10:25:21 PM by outshined »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Normally I'd say hit the gym and watch what you eat, but you look like a thin guy

You said you've worked out and it does help a little.

Take care of yourself for the next year and maybe get the surgery then.

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
is there any specific kinds of workouts that could help this?  i've heard also working your chest a lot can make it even worse..  how bad of a case do you think I have?

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
is there any specific kinds of workouts that could help this?  i've heard also working your chest a lot can make it even worse..  how bad of a case do you think I have?

I'm not so expert but your gyne seems to be glandular... In this case working out will not help you.
Anyway I think your case is not so bad, but all is relative.
Good Luck.

You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
To be honest you are in okay shape now, but personally before I spent tons of cash on surgery I would try the gym.

Working out helped me but mine was mainly fat (drug induced , dont want anyone thinking Iam a lazy bastard  ;D).I would agree that it is probably gland as opposed to fat but sometimes it is difficult to tell ,indeed even ps's can't be totally sure until they do it.

The exercises that I did on the gym for my chest were,  incline bench and parallel bar dips . The only other chest exercise I did was pressups on days I was not at the gym.

I also did tons of running and swimming. There's no guarantees but I didn't find working out the chest made it worse quite the opposite in fact. I do know people though who have said working out hasn't helped so I think whether working out helps varies.

By the way just to reassure you I would say it is quite a mild case but I can understand why it is annoying. Good luck.

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
thanks man.. im really glad i found this place.. im really a very social person and quite active and im still really young (22).. this has always been the one taboo thing i never talk about with anyone.. mainly because none of my friends have this.

i will try the chest exercies you mentioned and a lot more cardio.. but i think i will make the appointment for consultation.. i do also want to find out if it could have anything to do with hormones because if a pill could help this that would be heaps better than surgery.. anyways thanks!

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe
You are young and seem to be in a good shape...
i suggest you try the Guerilla Cardio...that's a fat burning...it's kind of HIIT couple of years old though but works great, all the people i know who have tried it are happy with the results me included

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=13;action=display;num=1154137764

good luck

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
hmm yeah i read it thanks.. seems mine is glandular and not really excess fat.. i have done a lot of cardio so i am fairly trim but the twins just never seem to leave..  i think more chest focused exercies could help

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
Hey, mine's quite similar to yours  :(  I've booked a consultation with a surgeon.  See your family doctor and he'll point you in the right direction (mine did).  It's good to see ur family phys before seeing a surgeon though.  

As for working out, you have to do specific chest exercises that even out the contour of your titties!  but if u stop working out, you'd be worse off (my case).  

Hope this can help
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
well i am basically looking for a temporary solution until I get the surgery done which would be probably next fall.. can you elaborate more on which chest exercies helped you? especially since you have a similar case as me.

thanks!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
don't forget the compression vest as the temporary fix option, at least if the clothes are staying on.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
can't really notice my gyne with clothes on.. this is more for shirt off

im gonna be doing a lot more chest exercises and see how that works out.. if anyone has recommendations on exercises please let me know

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024