Author Topic: Getting Excision done again?  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Lipoboy027

• Posting Member
I had lipo+excision surgery 3 months back but my nipple is still puffy.I can feel hard lumps in my nipples,it itches and around the round area of the nipple is where i can feel lumps as the nipple was stiched back around the round ring.

Has anyone had a second excision surgery and is it recommended?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
You said that your nipple was stitched back around the round ring.  Did you have your areolas resized?  If so, then you may be feeling a slight "bunching" of skin that sometimes happens as the skin is drawn into a tighter circle to meet with the now smaller areola.  I'm still only a few days post op so it's a little too early for me to know for sure, but my surgeon told me that this is a possibility in my case.  

I think a lot of surgeons will be conservative in removing gland because it's harder to add it back than to remove more later.  Maybe a revision surgery will be good for you, but I'm seeing a lot of people on here say they experience swelling in the nipples up to 6 months later.  I would suggest patience for now with regard to puffiness.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 03:25:03 AM by Mr_Nip »
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

DrBermant

I had lipo+excision surgery 3 months back but my nipple is still puffy.I can feel hard lumps in my nipples,it itches and around the round area of the nipple is where i can feel lumps as the nipple was stiched back around the round ring.

Has anyone had a second excision surgery and is it recommended?

3 months is very early after surgery for the evolution of healing tissues.  Sculpted tissues, like any other cut or injury, have to heal and soften.  How soft the scars become depend on many factors.

Posting standardized photographs can help others understand your concerns.

After surgery there are many possible reasons for still having a contour problem.  Options depend on the original problem, what was done, skill of your surgeon, weight, gland stimulation, how you heal, and other factors.  Sometimes secondary surgery can help.

Self diagnosis can be dangerous.  The best way to explore such issues is with your doctor or someone who you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Lipoboy027

• Posting Member
You said that your nipple was stitched back around the round ring.  Did you have your areolas resized?  If so, then you may be feeling a slight "bunching" of skin that sometimes happens as the skin is drawn into a tighter circle to meet with the now smaller areola.  I'm still only a few days post op so it's a little too early for me to know for sure, but my surgeon told me that this is a possibility in my case.  

I think a lot of surgeons will be conservative in removing gland because it's harder to add it back than to remove more later.  Maybe a revision surgery will be good for you, but I'm seeing a lot of people on here say they experience swelling in the nipples up to 6 months later.  I would suggest patience for now with regard to puffiness.

Thanks man.Yeah,i will probably wait another 3 months but getting myself prepared for revision surgery.I still have fat mass on my left chest remaining which is not swelling and need to get rid of this once and for all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024