Author Topic: It started Monday 12-11-06........  (Read 4040 times)

Offline manzeer

• Posting Member
My life without gynecomastia. My surgery was on Monday with Dr. Delgado in his Novato, CA surgical center for lipo/excision. It would not have happened without this board. I have not posted until now because unfortunately it has been work just to get registered on the board (2mos.) but the tech guys must have that worked out if you are reading this.

My story is very similar to the other's that I have read. Becoming aware of the gyne at around age 11-12 and just dealing with it. I just turned 40 two weeks ago. The one different way that I dealt with mine was I never spoke about it with anyone EVER in my life. This board gave me the courage to make the initial consult appt. That was a totally unique experience for me that in many ways was like a therapy session. After the consult and reading the boards all the repressed memories and situations started to come back. The crappy times in grade school PE swimclass, high school shirt/skins basketball practice, college spring break. All when I had to dreadfully remove my shirt. Don't get me wrong those times had fun sides too...can openers off the high dive in swimclass, yeah shirt/skins sucked but I always liked sports, and come on spring break has a fog of fun memories. So i haven't lived life holed up and depressed. It's just all the little things gyne controls....the very specific types of clothing that I wear, sorta hunching over while walking directly into a headwind, no public pools, only virtually deserted beaches or an ISOLATED backyared deck to get a tan, uncomfortable being photographed etc. It really does work a number on my thoughts about myself.

In September I saw an ad for a plastic surgeon that used the word 'gynecomastia' to describe his services for male breast reduction. Google'd it. Found this board. Now sitting here typing with a compression vest(this thing is totally the manzeer from Seinfeld) 3 days out from surgery.

My wife and I have been married for 11 years. My initial consult was without her knowledge. After having the consult and having NEVER discussed my gyne with her, it only took 2 weeks to bring it up with her. Let me tell you, my new virtual board friends, that was a toughie of a conversation to start. Without hesitation she was supportive of whatever decision I wanted to make as far as going with surgury. She is so supportive. She even feels bad that she never knew how I felt. I never really hid it from her. I would be with her shirtless tanning etc. but in the preveiously drescribed situations. I'm definatley not one to just walk around the house for any extended period of time shirtless though. We do have a great relationship and believe it or not this has made it even better. She does want me to see a therapist after healing from surgury. Which I will do solo and as a couple. We have done that before for other situations in our relationship(nothing 'bad' just carreer/personal life direction) with positve results.

Am I glad I had the surgery? F-yes I am.
It would not have happened without this board.
Happy with the results? Had the drains removed yesterday but didn't look. Got approval to shower today and may take a peek.
PICS? Dr. has befores. If I don't pass out from how it looks maybe I'll snap one today.
That's my abridged story. Thanks for reading and thanks for posting.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
thanks for typing it out.  remember the post-op jitters over results can last a bit and they can't prescribe anything for them ;)  hear you on the difficulty of talking. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
My story is very similar to the other's that I have read. Becoming aware of the gyne at around age 11-12 and just dealing with it. I just turned 40 two weeks ago. The one different way that I dealt with mine was I never spoke about it with anyone EVER in my life. This board gave me the courage to make the initial consult appt. That was a totally unique experience for me that in many ways was like a therapy session. After the consult and reading the boards all the repressed memories and situations started to come back. The crappy times in grade school PE swimclass, high school shirt/skins basketball practice, college spring break. All when I had to dreadfully remove my shirt. Don't get me wrong those times had fun sides too...can openers off the high dive in swimclass, yeah shirt/skins sucked but I always liked sports, and come on spring break has a fog of fun memories. So i haven't lived life holed up and depressed. It's just all the little things gyne controls....the very specific types of clothing that I wear, sorta hunching over while walking directly into a headwind, no public pools, only virtually deserted beaches or an ISOLATED backyared deck to get a tan, uncomfortable being photographed etc. It really does work a number on my thoughts about myself.

That is so freakin' the same as my story.  It's scary. 

I remember the first day I saw this site.  Wasn't it an awesome feeling to finally realize there is a name for this and that there are more men like us? 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline jackmac

• Posting Member
yah till i found this site i thought i am one of those 1:1billion Freak.

than i see 1000s of us and i got my new home now.

this forum is amazing. people from all walk of life/race and stuff gather here to solve same problem.

i wish to god that in next 1 years ALL my friends here get their surgery done and have a Best results.

;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024