Author Topic: I'm Considering Surgery...bad enough to warrant surgery?  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Here is a link to photos of my chest: http://community.webshots.com/album/556758302yDHrZY

In the first three pictures I have given myself a tittie twister.  After I do that, you can barely tell I have gynecomastia.

In the rest, my nipples are semi-erect.

I do not know if it's just because it's cold in my house right now, or whether the clomiphene I'm taking is affecting my nipples, but usually my nipples are much more bulgy and round and there is no nipple sticking out (just one big bulge over the whole area).  If I can inflate them fully (sweet, huh?), I'll post more.

Has anybody with breasts similar to mine had the surgery?  I am worried that since my case is fairly minor, the surgery might be too risky.  I worry about being asymmetrical, getting scars, and the nipples puffing back out again as several guys on here have described.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:46:26 PM by Wayne1985 »

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I should add that I was in great shape a few months ago with very little body fat, and my titties looked pretty much the same (might as well have a sense of humor about this whole thing!). :D

Offline flex1appeal

In picture ending in 98 I'd say you look pretty normal. And the first 3 you like pretty good too. The most evident picture showing that you have a mild case of gyne is the picture ending in 101. Not sure you necessarily need surgery. Only you know how your chest makes you feel.

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Thanks Flex.  In 98, my tittie twister was still mostly in effect.  The natural state of my nipples is not like that.  I usually look like the last few pictures in that album.

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Thanks reaper.  What caused your gyne?  Do you know?

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
i honestly dont know for sure why i got this shit, hormonal changes during puberty is what i believe has caused this because i was around 18 19 when it showed up, however i also have a overactive thyroid gland which many believe contributes to gyno, my testosterone tests were normal and im pretty good downstairs so i can rule that out, i admit i took some protein supplements and amino tablets but they were from gnc nothing big, i never did any steroids which are believed to cause gyno, right now it doesn't really matter to me, i just wanna get rid of this shit as soon as possible. anyways do let me know what you think might have caused yours, good luck, peace

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
I got mine when I was 11.  It was definitely just a result of puberty.

I've read that like 90% of cases subside.  Mine never did.  Lucky me!

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
The main question I have is this: is it worth the risk?  I'd be happier the way I am now than I would be if I had a botched surgery and looked unnatural.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
thats a good question wayne, i myself would wanna know the answer, and i think many of the members of this board who already went under the knife can answer it, this might sound stupid coming out of my mouth since i haven't had my op yet, but think of this way surgery is the only road you can take, and if you dont u might never know what kinda difference it could have made on your appearance, and whats the worst that can happen, a lil scarring, fluid build up, and one of my worst fears ending up lop sided or not seeing the results at all even after an year, but all of this can be dealt with a revision, just find a ps who offers a free revision, i dunno what you mean by a botched surgery, do you mean ending up with nipples on a different place, that very rare dude 1 in 10 people get that, believe it or not im a very pessimistic person always with negative talk, and this is desperation talking man. by the way what is 1985 ur date of birth? just curios coz its mine too.

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Yeah I was born in 1985 just like you.

Yeah man, I'm just hoping that there's a guy on here who had breasts similar to mine who says surgery was the best decision he ever made.

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
your chest looks perfectly fine. forget about surgery.. just enjoy your life!!!

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Thanks Tony.

You'd be OK with living with these?  Keep in mind the first few pictures in the album are when my nipples are erect.  They're usually not erect.

Offline bdj148

• Posting Member
You have gynecomastia, that's for sure.  Whether or not you NEED surgery, that's a personal choice really.  I needed it because I couldn't live with it anymore, but almost all my friends said they never noticed it.  I noticed it a lot.

If it makes you happy, do it.  Try talking it out with people though, that helped me deal immensely.

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
bdj 148, i agree with your advice, but tell us a lil more about your experience with surgery and post op, coz it will prepare us going into surgery, thanks a lot.

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Jologs1, in those pictures I posted, I am about 195 pounds.  When I was in my best shape, I was about 180 pounds with much stronger pecs and I still looked exactly the same.

Just like you, I notice it, but nobody ever comments on it, maybe because I hide it so well.

The biggest things holding me back from surgery are people finding out about it and making fun of me for it and the risk of ugly complications.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024