Author Topic: definitely need another surgery  (Read 4674 times)

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
alright, 4 months down the line, and its apparent. While my breasts are smaller now, they are still breasts. My left side is still significantly bigger than my right. In addition, theres a roll of fat there which was also there before.

also, I suspect that theres been too much gland removed from the right side, cos when I stretch, it looks like theres some concavity. Theres still lots of fat too. I won't know for sure until I show this other PS I went to for a consultation last week. (i'm getting tired of my original PS's "dont tell me my job" kind of attitude). I hope it's my imagination.

Well then, time to steel myself to go through this all over again.... it was hard enough accepting I needed surgery in the first place, and now... well, I just wanna get this over with and get on with my life as soon as I can. Possibly the first week of March would be good... that would be just over 5 months since my surgery... do you reckon that's enough time?

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Frodo,

I’m sorry to hear you are unhappy but you are only 4 months post op.  I am also 4 months post op and I don’t expect to be fully healed yet.  Before he started, my PS said it will be 12 months before you get to see the final results.  I have read so many stories of others who have had surgery who have said it really does take that long for your chest to settle.

Like you I have issues regarding shape etc.  I know that some of it will still be swelling because it has happened to so many others.  I also have some skin to muscle adhesion which draws in the centre of my pecs making slight hollows, but at this early stage I really am not worried.   Massaging will help restore the correct profile of your chest but as far as I am concerned I won’t be looking at my chest critically until I am at least 6 months post op.

I can only speak for myself, but there is no way I would be heading for the operating table again until I was absolutely sure I was fully healed and my chest wasn’t going to improve any more.  I would simply be wasting my money.  I massage twice a day and that has helped tremendously and I expect further improvement over the next 8 months.

Good luck and try to be patient.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline patientx1

• Bronze Member
frodo, i think you're in the same position i'm in, exept you are only four months. 6 months is better indicator - you should be 60 - 70% heeled y then, should wait a year to be fully certain.
Scar revision & Bio-Alcamid injects by Ruth Waters '04

Revision lipo surgery Poland / Baranski 1st Mar '07

Rev. lipo London / Karidis end of July '08

Rev. laserlipo England / Gabriel Feb '09

More photos to follow

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
My PS told me to wait at least 6mths...This is a good indicator of the final result. I waited 8mths and nothing changed since the 3rd mth. I am going for a revision but this time other procedures. Since excision and lipo were done orginally, there is nothing there to excise. He said my areola and nipple are distorting my chest and he thinks this was one of the original problems because after the surgery, I had the same thing but just smaller.... :)...I am hoping for a big improvement with my upcoming surgery on 2/15....Wish me luck and good luck to you guys...This gyne is the worst thing I am dealing with in my life. It's a daily stress and is all I think about...There is more to life than thinking about my breasts!! ;D

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
thanks guys... I've decided to wait till 6 months (which should be the first week of april) to get a revision.

had some second opinions from other surgeons, they seem to agree that my PS did a good job, but theres a lot of fat still to be removed, especially from the upper chest, and a "roll" of fat on my left side.

apparently there is some concavity on my right side (the side that had the smaller breast to begin with) which may work itself out with massaging....

the new PS I went to gave me directions and diagrams on how to massage in a circular way to help healing, so I quite like him... because despite asking my original PS several times about doing this, she said it was unneccessary.

so tentatively, it looks like a lipo-only sugery sometime in the first week of april....

Offline desi

• Gold Member
who is ur second PS... ..
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

mtheory

So are these revisions paid for? Or are they included in the original fee. I'm about 2 weeks...yes only 2 weeks...but i can see my right pec is pretty darn perfect while my left has an obvious divot..it kind of abruptly ends just under the nipple and there is a roll.

Anyway...I know its early for me but...I do wonder if this 12 months business is really true....based on my healing I';; be ery surprised to see any major changes after 2 or 3 months..but we shall see.

Offline frodo

• Bronze Member
  • There, and back again.
Couldnt agree more, clearsky. Chest has greatly improved. And the hard part really IS the waiting period...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024