Author Topic: Acceptance is Difficult  (Read 10816 times)

Offline Stratos

• Posting Member
       As I cannot afford the surgery. I will likely be living with gynecomastia for some time. Therefore, I've come to try and accept it, and I'm finding it hard.

Every time I look in a mirror I just think what a misfit I am, and it displeases me even further because I know very few guys (I'm gay) will ever want to date someone with a body like mine.

How have you come to terms with your gynecomastia, and do you have any tips for dealing with it?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Not knowing what kind of body you have, it is harder to answer. There are all kinds of gay guys that are in to various types of bodies. On ChestMen International there is a breast men section that gets a lot of traffic and the owner of that site drops in here on occassion. I would suggest that you check it out. Also in the bear community there is a wide acceptance of breasts on men and a lot of desire as well.

Where do you live and what do you look like?

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline Stratos

• Posting Member
       Well, I'm 5'8, 170 pounds with blue eyes, a good smile, and, what I think, is nice hair. My main issues with my looks are my wieght (not bad at all really, I'm told, but I feel differently), my bacne (acne on the back), and my gynecomastia. I live in Michigan.

The I'm not that overweight, so it's very unlikely the gynecomastia is from that. While the weight is slowly dropping and the bacne will end, the gynecomastia will remain. I feel it is the physical feature which plagues me the most. I'm trying to see it in a different light but, at this point, cannot see it as positive.

I'll take a look at the site you recommended. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:16:14 PM by Stratos »

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Im sure ALOT of gay guys think gyne is attractive.

It is actually a small subset of gay men that think that breasts are attractive, it is more straight men that like chicks with dicks. From my email and experience there are a lot of women that like breasts on their men.

Merle
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:27:24 PM by Merle »

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
Im sure ALOT of gay guys think gyne is attractive.

Most gay guys do not find gyne attractive same as they dont get horny with guys dressed as girls! Kinda stands to reason when ya think about it, if you are gay you aint turned on by feminine anything!
However i find straight guys get the hots for shemales like nothing else! ;D

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT

Offline Stratos

• Posting Member
I tried checking that chestmen international site but could not find it? Do you have the address?

Also, when do you feel is best when meeting someone to raise the issue of male breasts if they aren't overly aparent?

Offline outertrial

Also, when do you feel is best when meeting someone to raise the issue of male breasts if they aren't overly aparent?

Just before dinner, preferably a formal one, with your boss.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT

Offline Stratos

• Posting Member
Thanks for the link, but it looks overly cliquish. I'm SO sick of having to deal with the "gay" thing and the "college" thing. I just be compatable with myself and someone else, not a clique whore or fetish junky.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
It is a mixed bag. The owner of the site posts on these boards on occassion.

Merle

Offline Teflon

• Posting Member
It is a mixed bag. The owner of the site posts on these boards on occassion.

Merle

A couple of those pics in the free photo tour look very old, like Betty Page era shots. (or maybe Tom of Findland era) This one is interesting. >> http://www.chestmaninternational.com/tour/Target/Target/50.jpg

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
he hardly has titties tho Teflon! :D
Any girl with boobs that size would be real pissed!

Offline Teflon

• Posting Member
True.
But a guy with body dismorphic disorder would consider them headlights.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024