Author Topic: My Pics - Surgery With Dr. Silverman!  (Read 3610 times)

Offline anon418

This is my first time posting. I wanted to contribute to the site, and want to help anyone who is considering going with Dr. Rick Silverman.

I had gynecomastia for 10 years; since I was 14. It really crushed me when I noticed it. I actually noticed it while looking in the mirror in a gym, after a workout. You see, ever since I can remember I've wanted to get into bodybuilding, so while my condition was mild, it was bad enough that it made me stop going to the gym, since common sense told me that working out my chest would only make the problem worse. There was no way that I was going to work out the rest of my body, leaving my chest behind, so I decided to give up on that dream.

It's been 9 days since my surgery with Dr. Silverman and the results were even better than I expected. I'm flat!! The whole process could not have gone smoother. The hospital did an awesome job at taking care of me on the day of the surgery and my experience with Dr. Silverman has been awesome! It's amazing how fast he responds to his emails. You can tell he really cares about his patients.

Here are my pics (the scars near my shoulders are actually stretch marks I've had since I was 14):

Pre-Op:
Front - http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/anon418/CIMG0018-1.jpg
Front - http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/anon418/_preop.jpg
Side - http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/anon418/CIMG0017.jpg

3 Days Post-Op:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u89/anon418/3rdday.jpg

I'm going to turn my basement into a gym now  :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 11:05:47 AM by anon418 »

Offline anon418

dude, you wasted your money, your chest was perfectly fine the way it was.

I know it may seem that way to you, but believe me, it didn't feel good at all.  Every time I wore a tight shirt I felt horrible, especially since my left side was bigger than my right one.  And working out my chest would have made it even worse. I have also seen other people's pictures and thought the same thing but you just have to take our word for it about how bad it is. Believe me, people with only a mild case can suffer as much as others do.

It also depends on what you are willing to settle for. I could have gone my entire life the way I was and nobody would have ever noticed. I didn't mind taking my shirt off in public because I knew nobody would notice the asymmetry in my chest. I was more worried about my stretch marks. But for me, it wasn't about taking my shirt off in public. It's about being able to get back into bodybuilding. The way it was before was unacceptable because of the asymmetry. Had they both been even, then I wouldn't have felt it necessary to get surgery.

Take my word for it. I did not waste my money. I've been living with this for 10 years, so I should know. I feel awesome now and I can finally start working out, so I wouldn't call that a waste of money. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 11:40:02 AM by anon418 »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I agree,  I can't see any gyne on the pre-op pics...  ??? But as Volatile said, as long as you're happy, that's the best thing you have !

Offline anon418

Are you telling me you don't see the asymmetry in the first picture?? My left side was clearly bigger. You might not see it that well in the second picture though. Now imagine that 3-4 times bigger after working about for a year or two. That's the point. If I had no plans to get bigger, than I would have probably left it the way it was.

I agree that my case was mild, and it does not compare to some people's, but for me it was unacceptable.  It's not a self esteem issue either. I have no problem in that area. I admit that I'm kind of a perfectionist and want to be able to mold my body into what I want by weight-lifting and I didn't need some extra fat getting in the way. Had I left it the way it was, I would have been scared every time I had to work out my chest.

Anyway, I guess I should feel good about the fact that you guys thought it looked OK before. That actually makes me feel even better, since I believe the surgery was a great improvement. I wanted to be flat so I can start lifting, so I'm happy. I do appreciate your responses :)

Remember, nobody knows better than you what makes you happy or unhappy. We are all different. You can't tell someone what they need or don't need.  There are plenty of other things in life that we might not understand about others and things others might not understand about us.

Being understanding is not about understanding another person's feelings. It's about understanding that we don't have to necessarily understand.

Offline outertrial

I could tell in pic 2 and the side view. Give the guy a break, he had gyne now its gone!

Offline subuwrx

• Bronze Member
I dont know how anyone else cant see it, I def see gyne. The way your chest was shaped was not a normal male chest contour. While it was not a severe case it would be enough to make me worry about it. Congrats on taking the next step, enjoy

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024