Author Topic: Is lactation in men a myth? Has anyone ever produced milk?  (Read 28534 times)

Offline lucdevruc

• Posting Member
I am researching a paper about gynecomastia and have come across passages that describe instances of men who have produced milk. This seems to have occured in extreme circumstances such as men producing milk in POW camps during world war 2. This particular passage attributed the lactation to malnutrition. I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever produced milk? I wish my breasts would in a way, does anyone else feel like that?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm not an accepter, and it's never happened to me.  but guys have posted links to a number of stories out on the net about this, it's rare but it's happened. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline WishmasterK

• Global Moderator
  • Bronze Member
There have been several cases (which are rare) that men have naturally produced milk. Several sets of circumstances must occur in the body for this to happen. The main one being the production of Prolactin. If a man starts producing enough of it he will eventually be able to produce milk. The reason mens bodies don't produce enough of it is that it causes infertility, our bodies protect us, being a species thats designed to propagate itself. This type of infertility is diagnosed as Hyperprolactinemia and it causes decreased sex drive, low sperm count, a host of other problems. Mens bodies produce more dopamine (and other stuff) which inhibits the production of Prolactin. Eventually you will find, if you do enough research men who purposely give themselves doses of Prolactin or drugs that increase the production of Prolactin to be able to produce milk, and some of those men, do indeed succeed. Humans get alot hormones from eating (and stuff that help us regulate our hormones), so it's very possible for a man who is malnourished to be missing some of the hormones that naturally help him inhibit the production of Prolactin.

Offline lucdevruc

• Posting Member
Thankyou for the posts, they are very helpful.

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
I understand it is possible by use of the drug Motillium. This is mainly used as remedy for gastro problems but has a side effect well known that can help women produce more milk. no reason really why men cant lactate with the correct stimulus as we have the potential milk glands just (usually) not developed 8)

Offline meegle

• Posting Member
last month i was able to lactate milk from both my nipples -_-...and i hated it! Now i cant but i still have puffy nipples(not i dont actually have breast, just puffy nipples). In addition to my gyne, my arelo has more creases and more cracks in it, is my body preparing for lactation  :o I HATE MY NIPPLES!

Offline notobvious

• Bronze Member
I knew a guy who stung his nipples with  stinging nettles for fun, and it caused him to lactate. It was pretty weird, but he didn't have gyne...don't know if that matters.

Offline Eliezer

• clean like soap pretty like money
yes it has happend befor everyman can do it they just have to work at it
i've heard storys and i will tell you this mans milk is not as good as womens for babeys so evan if you can you should just let your wife nurse

Offline man

The link rob900 posted is a real eye opener.  I never saw anything like that before.  I alsways thought a man producing milik was a mission impossible.  Now I am convinced this might have happened more often than I thought.  But I think the guy in the video clip that lactated must have taken hormone before he could start lactation. 

Offline funkytown69

• Posting Member
A kid in my senior gym class could do it.  He was fit and skinny too but had a  case of the puffy nips and he would squeeze them and milk would come out.

Offline qwertyis

• Posting Member
Lactation in men is possible. The right hormonal balance of prolactin and oxytoxin after a time of hormones being similar to pregnancy. Most men will not be able to as strong progestagens are necessary.

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
The link rob900 posted is a real eye opener.  I never saw anything like that before.  I alsways thought a man producing milik was a mission impossible.  Now I am convinced this might have happened more often than I thought.  But I think the guy in the video clip that lactated must have taken hormone before he could start lactation. 

Can you point me to this link please?
Id like to see it

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The men who produced milk, generally produced such a small quantity that I have great difficulty believing the stories about men nursing. I think that the baby would simply suffer from malnutrition.

There is no doubt that some men produce milk, but no verifiable evidence that a man produced enough milk to feed an infant successfully alone.
Grandpa Dan

Offline xunit

• Posting Member
I can usually produce a little bit when I get up in the morning. 

A few summers ago I made a concerted effort for a week or so to induce my breasts to lactate more, and got drops on the second day.  I have an eyedropper that had some drops in it, but I let it evaporate and now only have the white residue.  I am confident that if I went on the induced lactation protocol for four months or longer, I could produce plenty.  You do not need a uterus to lactate, only breasts and a pituitary gland.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024