Author Topic: Please help me out! Should I just get lipo?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Rcvbc

Hello everyone. First let me give you some information about myself. I'm 6 foot 1, 185 lbs, 21 years old, not that fat, and I have a mild case of gynecomastia (I think its quite bad, but my doc said it's not). My chest is fat and sticks out to the sides, and unless it's cold I get big puffy nipples. I can feel about 2 inches of hard (not really hard, but it doesn't feel like fat) gland/tissue underneath my nipples. I saw a board certified plastic surgeon today and he wants to do power assisted lipo on my chest.

He said he may do an excision if he thinks it's needed during my surgery, but he doesn't think it's necessary. I've been browsing the boards a bit and it seems that mostly everyone says to go with lipo and excision for gynecomastia. I also heard some people were not satisfied with just lipo. I really don't think my doc is gonna do an excision and I'm scared I might not like the results.

What do you guys think? Should I insist on getting the excision? Just get the lipo? See another doctor? Maybe I'll post some pics. I'd really like to hear some opinions. Thanks in advance.

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
Your question is way to general when it should be an open ended discussion.  You should first put up some pics so we can see your chest, then members such as my self that have had the surgery can give you a better anaylsis.  In most cases lypo and excession should be performed together for optimum results, but not in every circumstance.  Some times either or is the way to go, but again, Im not a doc and you've yet to give us anything to work with. Regardless, you are most definetely in the right place as there are lots of expert opinions and facts about gynecomastia to be gathered on this forum, so be patient, ask lots of questions, give us something to work with, and Im sure that every question you have will be answered...

Offline Rcvbc

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As I read your description of what the surgeon said, He expects to do Lipo first, and excision later if he thought it necessary. In short, he is keeping his options open and will adapt the procedure to what he finds as the surgery progresses.

Who can find anything wrong with that?
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what they said.  even the pros can't say for absolute sure till they start working.  as long as you believe he's serious about excision being an option if it's called for, and you have the right to reconfirm that with him, you should be good.   
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
If you have gland, I recommend getting both gland excision and lipo, or else its going to return sooner or later.
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Rcvbc

Thanks for all the responses. I just thought that since I can feel lumps in my chest and I have puffy nipples, that an excision would be needed no matter what. So the doc can't always tell if an excision will be needed until he opens you up? And can lipo alone take care of puffy nips? If it can't then I think I would need an excision regardless... Thanks again guys.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024