Author Topic: Propecia and Gyno????  (Read 6635 times)

Offline Bambam12

Hey Guys,

Has anyone gotten Gyno (or heard of anyone getting gyno) by taking propecia for hair loss?  I've heard rumblings it can cause male breasts, but my doctor (who by the way makes a lot of money prescribing propecia) says he doubts it.

Any insight is MUCH appreciated!

Offline hypo

Propecia, Proscar and Dutastride all inhibit DHT.

DHT is the potent male hormone dihydrotestosterone.

By lowering DHT you increase the androgen to estrogen balance in favor of estrogens.

Known side effects are feminization (more female like appearance, with gynecomastia and feminine fat storage patterns and loss of libido and even loss of  erections.  

For a minority of men this has become a permanent problem even after the treatment has been withdrawn.

In other words it has led to a permanent hormone problem that sometimes has to be treated often for life.

Below is a website of a man who has suffered permanent damage from reduction of DHT.  There is a link to a yahoo group dedicated to men who are suffering from similar problems across the world.

www.propeciasideeffects.com  

Do not touch this medication with a barge pole if you enjoy being a man!

Just to illustrate the fact that I am not blowing this out of proportion;

Propecias principle ingredient is finisteride, finisteride is used as a treatment for prostate cancer to chemically castrate men!

Offline hypo

Just to add quite a few men turn up on this site asking the same question only to realise propecias effects.

That story is also to be found on the site below

http://www.androids.org.uk/index.html

Offline Bambam12

Ouch!! Thanks for the info!! Aside from rogaine is their any other method to prevent hair loss that WON'T turn you into a girl????

Man....having to choose between a full head of hair and gyno is a lousy decision. But I think keeping my manhood wins out.

Offline hypo

Do not use anything that lists finisteride as an ingredient or that works by lowering any of the male hormones.

If any drug used to combat hair loss states lowered libido as a side effect- do not touch with a barge pole!!!

The people who make these drugs say that the chances of problems are very low.  

They are not as low as they would have you believe- even if fairly low, would you want to play Russian Roulette with your sexuality?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Perhaps I am wrong to make light of this, but since the source of male baldness is DHT.  And the source of DHT is the testicles,  The best evidence that a guy really has balls,   -   -   -   is a Balding Head.

Finisteride is also an Anti-Androgen commonly used in  the Hormone therapy of Male to Female Transexuals.  
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 12:14:21 AM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
I got gyne from propecia.  Use Rogaine, it works better anyway and no side effects

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
i am totally shocked !!!!!!!!

I have an apointment with my dermathologist next week.... i wanted to take this medication.

Is "Rogaine" effective tho ?

chris

Gine2D

It is not only a choice between having hair & breasts or less head hair & no breasts.

It is also a choice btween have head hair & no sex. or having less head hair & good sex.

It can stop erections.

Less head hair will not bother me.

G

Offline hypo

Well pointed out Gine2d.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024