Author Topic: Surgery DONE!! More PIcs (2 days, 1 week, 16 days post op)  (Read 19200 times)

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
3 days post surgery.....the doc said contrary to his physical examination conclusion, the gland he found during the surgery was HUGE

for my pre op pics, plz go to
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19388.0

PS: the welts and wrinkles are not from the surgery, but from the compression vest tht i have been wearing 24x7!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:12:04 AM by decimal »

Offline decimal

• Silver Member

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
good results! chest looks great. u seemed to get the surgery sorted quick
 congrats

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
the doc said contrary to his physical examination conclusion, the gland he found during the surgery was HUGE
another reason for not doing lipo only, if anyone's been told that would do the job. 

congrats on going through with it. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline u_free_luv

• Posting Member
Looks ok....the side view is a bit of a concern....but it is a huge improvement...so congrats....did u went for a surgery by dr lokesh....of apollo delhi...iam also planning a surgery from hi...pls suggest wheather i should go for hi...and how much did he charged...also was there any pain and after how many days you joined d work...pls reply as my surgery is planned in last week of december with d same doctor

Offline krucial

• Bronze Member
looks good dude! just follow ur post op instructions.. and give it time to heal now!

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
thnks for the responses guys....
Its been 10 days since the OP, and i m posting some more pics... i m quite satisfied overall, but its this depression next to my right nipple which is scaring the crap out of me......i DO DO HOPE TO GOD, tht it will fill out eventually......its ironic tht i had researched and quizzed the doctor about the crater deformity more than anything else before the operation, and tht might be exactly what I may end up suffering from now!

plz comment guys

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
These pics highlight the depression I was talking about.

Has anyone else also had anything similar after surgery, and do they fill up  on their own? The Doc said I should not try to analyze my chest until its atleast six weeks after the surgery, and that in 6 months time I will see the final results which should be perfect.

I am very pissed off at the moment, coz that thing just looks weird and ugly.

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
I know I might be sounding paranoid now, but is it just me or does anyone else also think that my nipples are a bit too low, and I should have asked my doc to fix it. I m talking smething similar to what Dr Bermant talks about on his website at http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/shortscar_male_mastopexy.html.

Was I wrong in assuming that my doc would have taken care of it on his own accord during the surgery, without me specifically asking for it?

thanks

Offline u_free_luv

• Posting Member
I think u r over reacting and expecting too much...seeing your results it looks absolutely fine to me....yes there is a crater deformity but give some time to it....your chest looks absolutely normal...also pls reply 2 my querie i asked in dis post...as iam also planning surgery from dr lokesh

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
@free_luv: Yeah dude, I got the surgery done from the same doc.

As far as the details of the surgery are concerned: its Rs48K with local anesthesia, and Rs60K with general.  I had initial opted for local anesthesia, but then got so apprehensive during the surgery, that they had to put me under general.

The 2 days after surgery are very painful and you feel stiff as wood. My advice to you would be to not move at all and lie in bed all day. Thats wht I did and that was how I avoided any complications like internal bleeding etc. Best part is that if you take proper rest in the first 24 hrs, ur bandages come off 24 hrs after surgery, and 48hrs after the surgery u can take a proper shower (which I was badly craving btw  :D ). After that its mainly good rest and care and wearing a compression vest 24x7, which feels damn uncomfortable in the beginning.
For the first one week, I wore only front-open shirts and jackets in order to minimize the movement of my muscles.

As far as the doctor in question is concerned, I believe he is a good surgeon provided you lay down ALL your concerns beforehand during the consultations. I know that he at times gets a bit too casual and tends to brush off concerns too hastily, owing to which, it comes as no surprise, that consultations with him last hardly more than 10 mins.

My advice to you would be to JOT down everything that comes to your mind on a piece of paper and take it with you to the consultation,  and go over it point-by-point with the doc.

Two main things that I should have talked about more in detail in retrospect are : 1) What happens if the doc ends up removing too much fat during the surgery? Crater Deformity. How does the doc plan to tackle it? I just learnt on Dr. Bermant's website, that for a natural look, you need a layer of fat between the skin and the muscles, for the skin to glide smoothly. If the skin is resting directly on the muscle, it will look pulled in and dented.

2) If your nipples are lower than the lower edge of your pec muscles, would you require a mastopexy?  In my case, I was assured that the skin would contract on its own. But now 10 days after the surgery, although my skin has definitely contracted, I doubt it that it will ever contract enuf to pull my nipples up. I think I should have discussed more in-depth about Dr. Bermant's case at  http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/shortscar_male_mastopexy.html.  But then again, all tht depends on the severity and type of ur gynecomastia. If you post some pics of urself, maybe the forum members could advise.

Hope that helps! :D

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
As for work, I believe you can start after about 3 days, provided it doesnt involve much movement of ur arms.

PS: It is much easier to stand than sit with the compression vest on, since it keeps digging into ur stomach and mid back.

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
Posting some new progress pics, now that I am 16 days post op.

Looks good, except that I am still worried about the right nipple. The depression is still there alongwith heavy wrinkling of the skin. Another new thing that I noticed was that the tip of my right nipple has gone in, as in its inverted; not that noticeable, but when you compare it to the left, you can tell.

Offline decimal

• Silver Member

Offline decimal

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024