Author Topic: Gland excision  (Read 4008 times)

Offline thekryptonian

• Posting Member
Hey all,
Have finally realised at 32 that I have been a puffy nipple/gynecomastia sufferer probably since my teens. For as far back as I can remember anyway. I've never had the dreaded man boob problem, but instead have always hated what I thought of as my 'big nipples'.

Unlike the majority of you, from what I have read, I've never had a problem with having my shirt off, apart from the occassional self-consciousness. My main issues was always/is still that I was slightly self-conscious about my nipples in t-shirts and singlets. I long ago discovered the pinching trick, but never understood the why until now!

My main question when considering surgery is this... Am I just playing with fire? Should I leave well enough alone and not risk it, or do I have a good chance of getting a good result? I'd really prefer not to go the rest of my life feeling self-conscious and avoiding anything tight, but by the same token a crater nipple effect isn't going to help my situation either. I know no-one can give me concrete answers or assurances, but just looking for some advice and also references to good doctors in Melbourne. I'm already on the Sue Thistlewaite track!

I also saw in another thread this:
is 21 year old body builder from Longwood, FL, just north of Orlando, elected to have gland excision (no liposuction necessary) under local anesthesia only.  A good bit of glandular tissue was excised. Puffy nipples are visible in the preop oblique view.   Postop photos were taken at 6 months.

I also wouldn't need any liposuction, but I'm curious to know whether this is something that has been done in Australia?

Also, thanks so much for everyone who has posted or contributed to this site. It's made me feel both worse and better. Worse because I now realise I'm suffering from an actual condition, rather than just getting unlucky with some big nipples, and better because I'm not suffering alone and see some hope on the horizon.

Offline bruce36

• Posting Member
Gland incision is very common. Sue does just as many gland incision's as she does Lipo.
Lipo is an older technique, most new techniques involve either gland incision on its own or the combination of gland incision and lipo.

Puffy nipples is a cause of gyno and yes the incision and removal of the gland tissue will resolve this.

Offline thekryptonian

• Posting Member
Thanks. Had the excision with Sue and have started a topic for my surgery experience.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024