Author Topic: I had my revision surgery in SGH Singapore today! Yeah!  (Read 11363 times)

Offline weijianhk

• Posting Member
Hi Wei Jian,

When do you plan to resume your gym routine?
I am thinking to resume on lower body part after remove the stitches...

This weekend i'm gonna hit the gym again, but will train arms and lower body. Will only train chest  from next week onwards since it will be 4 weeks post op by then.

In fact Foo uses dissolvable stitches and there is really not much scarring. Ivan does the incision at the edge of the areola for you and not the bottom of the areola right?

When are you removing your stitches cos I believe they usually remove stitches 10 days after your op?

Offline choowei

• Posting Member
Yeah you are right. the stitches is at the edge of left and right for each side.
I am going to remove the stitches on next monday which is post op of 12 days due to my schedule is not available on the 10th day. the scars are quite big for now... besides, there are two small scars right below the nipples coz of the fat reduction... i didnt see it from your previous pic. I hope i can resume back my chest training after 1 month as well and before that hit the gym by training lower body and some cardio first.
besides i got the size M for my garment which is just nice (at least i didn't feel too tight for breathing) but just abit of worry of the size is too loose for recovery..

Offline weijianhk

• Posting Member
In sgh, my lipo and gland removal was performed using the same incision, i.e. which was the previous scar or incision done by Amaris B. 
Size M should be fine. I'm wearing size M compression garment, Design Veronique brand. I'm likely to wear one more week 24/7, and then will proceed to wear only at night for another 2 weeks. 
Speedy recovery bro! 

Offline choowei

• Posting Member
Hi WeiJian,

Now is my post op day 22, there are still bruise around the nipple and there is a dented around the wound. it look weird when my chest muscle are round and full but the wounds are dented. hope this will be fine soon. I still wearing compression garment 24 hours x 7 days. started resume my gym routine by avoid chest back and shoulder workout. I m trying to take amino collagen that i heard is good for wound recovering. 

Offline weijianhk

• Posting Member
Hi Choowei,
That sounds good to hear. I have also resumed normal exercise activities, and have started to train chest regularly. I'm now in the 7th week of recovery, and scar tissue has formed after the 5th week.
There is a little bit of puffing out because of the scar tissue, and i am still very happy with the result.
The interesting thing about the surgery i had is that I did the surgery for free (covered by Medisave and Insurance), and in addition Aviva top up a cash cheque of 300 sgd to my account. So ironically speaking, I received 300 bucks for a surgery done well. :)

Offline choowei

• Posting Member
Wow how to do that?
I shall go thru that part as well so that i wont be so poor now...
My left nipple has slightly of puffy as well. abit worry of that but i have no other choice but to wait the result to be stabilized.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024