Author Topic: Media is ruining everything  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Mick17

• Posting Member
they have this beauty image they´ve build. Kids look these guys all those reality shows and movies and every guy has abs and every girl has perfect body. MTV showing stupid   reality shows.

Its just wrong, girls losing weight to become skinny like most models these days are. People doing surgerys to look like a celebrity.

all guys should have flat chest.

if plastic surgery and whole medias beauty concept would ever made people would feel a lot better of themself. Just pisses me off in what kinf of a world are we living where kids from age 10 already are self aware and compatre themself to models and what they see on tv.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
i know what you mean. the thing is--a lot of women's magazines, movements, etc. notice the trend about how young women want to look like these models. even dove has what it calls "a campaign for real beauty" and it focuses on teaching women to like themselves and not the "idea" that the media portray.

however, that doesn't really exist for men. nobody even talks about how young males are bombarded with these images of 0% bodyfat-guyz on the cover of men's health, on MTV, on GQ, etc.  

i want to change my body and i believe i'll have to have gyne surgery but i know i'm doing it because i want it and not for anyone else. but stll, i know how you feel about all this.  what can i say?

Offline ss14

• Posting Member
I don't think people do surgery to look like a celebrity. I don't need Men's Health to tell me that female breast gland makes a man look ugly.  It just is; it's a fact of life. I mean, having some concept of beauty is perfectly healthy.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Nor do I, the most common man has flat nipples. I dont need to turn on the TV to see this.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
i know what you mean. the thing is--a lot of women's magazines, movements, etc. notice the trend about how young women want to look like these models. even dove has what it calls "a campaign for real beauty" and it focuses on teaching women to like themselves and not the "idea" that the media portray.

however, that doesn't really exist for men. nobody even talks about how young males are bombarded with these images of 0% bodyfat-guyz on the cover of men's health, on MTV, on GQ, etc.  

i want to change my body and i believe i'll have to have gyne surgery but i know i'm doing it because i want it and not for anyone else. but stll, i know how you feel about all this.  what can i say?

Yes but does anyone actually think magazines like mens health and GQ are relevant too most men? A couple of years ago I picked up a mens health mag at the doctors and it mainly seemed to consist of men getting their chest waxed , and other guys whining about their wives asking them to get vasectomies....Then it went on to talk about moistureisers after shaving. That was when I got bored of it.
       Seems to cater for the metrosexuals  to me..... To be honest I am concerned about my chest because I have always be insecure about my body. I know some people must look at those guys in the mags and think wow I wish I looked like that....But the thing is ordinary guys don't look like that. It takes hours in the gym and folling a strict diet to get a body like that. Some of it is down to genetics as well.The average bloke who works in an office doesn't look like that.

I think the reason why there is a movement to draw girls away from dieting is because it is a long running problem and it is well recognised ie eating disorders. It is quite recent that guys have started to care more about their appearance , maybe in a few years with a few high profile cases people will see more that men are under pressure too. What is odd is while there is all this propoganda for both men and women to look a certain way people are getting fatter.  So how many people are taking notice?

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
I agree that the media probably plays a significant role in our attitudes, but this can be for the good and the bad.

I was not aware my gynaecomastia was a recognised condition until a few years ago.  From childhood and through all my adult life I suffered with my chest and feeling so isolated and ashamed.

It's through the media, be it TV, magazines or the internet, I came to learn that I certainly was not alone in my plight and that something could be done about it.

It's thanks to various forms of media I have learned so much about my gynaecomastia, decided what to do about it and find an excellent surgeon in the UK.

For me, surgery changed my outlook on my life and gave me a new lease of confidence.  Getting male chest reduction surgery did not essentially make me a happier person, but certainly a lot less sad.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think that the current obsession with body image borders on the perverse.

The Ideals are so often contrived, that the true picture of what is normal is hard to find.

If you would like to know what normal breasts really do look like, enter 007b on your search line and go to their photo gallery.  That last two pictures are of men.  Normal men!
Grandpa Dan

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
the media only supplies what there is a demand for. i dont see what is wrong with the media promoting ideal bodys. it is up to everyone to understand that they are not their bodies and know and accept their limits

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024