Author Topic: First Time Outing Wearing A Bra  (Read 2279 times)

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
Yesterday morning was a first for me. I went shopping at Macy’s for smaller sized jeans with my wife. She did NOT realize I was wearing my size 38DDD Bali XL wireless bra. Nor did I get any strange looks from the female associate helping us. There wasn’t any momentary hesitation, like catching herself looking at my chest.

The same was true at our crowded Trader Joe’s. None of the women shoppers nor the lady checking us out at the register gave me a moment’s awkward glance. This trip out in public boosted my confidence. I continued wearing my bra for several hours at home, sitting and eating lunch with my wife at our kitchen. I could tell she did not see any “strange mounds protruding” thru my shirt. Her objections to me wearing bras was that it would appear that I was starting transitioning to being a female.

Now that I’ve lost 20 pounds, I’ve shrunk down from a 39 inch to a 34 inch waist.  I’m no longer a large size in men’s shirts. So, it’ll be interesting to see how I look in medium size shirts which will be more fitted to my 45/34/43 inch measurements.

Busted (and happy)

Well done! In my experience very few people seem to notice even fewer comment. Most ladies understand if you tell them you NEED one

Offline Johndoe1

I am 36DDD/38DD and hardly get any glances.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline taxmapper

I have a number of large shirts both T shirts and polos that are either fine when I was flatter or are just a smidgen smaller from washing. 
If I wear a bra with those shirts I pop out a fair amount. If I dont, I still pop out but look much worse. 

Funny thing is that I want very badly to wear a shirt tucked in and the boobs on full display, but we're not there quite yet. 

Offline Johndoe1

If you observe how most women wear their tops everyday, very few wear clothes that are so form fitting to put their chests on display. And if they are wearing a fitted shell or top, it is usually as an under piece in a layer that doesn't define the bust. In an office environment, you may find clothes more form fitting and the shape of the bust may be more defined with fitted tops or jackets but everyday wear, the bust is usually loose fitting or the fabric drapes over the bust and is allowed to naturally fall giving a more modest appearance. I have started following this rule and while my chest does have a somewhat feminine appearance, it's not in your face noticeable and rarely gets a second glance. As I have heard it called elsewhere, it's hiding in plain sight. Fabric choice plays into this as well.

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
If you observe how most women wear their tops everyday, very few wear clothes that are so form fitting to put their chests on display. And if they are wearing a fitted shell or top, it is usually as an under piece in a layer that doesn't define the bust. In an office environment, you may find clothes more form fitting and the shape of the bust may be more defined with fitted tops or jackets but everyday wear, the bust is usually loose fitting or the fabric drapes over the bust and is allowed to naturally fall giving a more modest appearance. I have started following this rule and while my chest does have a somewhat feminine appearance, it's not in your face noticeable and rarely gets a second glance. As I have heard it called elsewhere, it's hiding in plain sight. Fabric choice plays into this as well.
Thank you for the advice. I'd love to see photos of how you wear your tops.

Here's how much I project in an old fitted dress shirt (without wearing a bra).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 11:07:50 AM by MychalBloodwing »

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
I have a number of large shirts both T shirts and polos that are either fine when I was flatter or are just a smidgen smaller from washing.
If I wear a bra with those shirts I pop out a fair amount. If I dont, I still pop out but look much worse.

Funny thing is that I want very badly to wear a shirt tucked in and the boobs on full display, but we're not there quite yet.
I nip out of my large size polo shirts (my chest expanded two inches after buying them a couple of years ago, but my waist has shrunk). I think my 45/34/43 inch measurements may be crying out for some creative shirt tucking.

Offline blad

Do you have a similar view with a bra on to compare? 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member

The first photo is without a bra, and the second is me wearing a Bali XL wireless bra. I still project and have nipple poke with the Bali, but not so obvious. Would underwired bras be somewhere inbetween?

aboywithgirls

You DEFINITELY look better, more put together with a bra. You should probably at least try an underwire. An underwire will give you a more traditional, feminine look but, it may work better for you. It will be more supportive.

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
You DEFINITELY look better, more put together with a bra. You should probably at least try an underwire. An underwire will give you a more traditional, feminine look but, it may work better for you. It will be more supportive.
Thank you! That's what I keep telling my wife. But she says she's uncomfortable with change, and she's used to seeing older men with sagging breasts. But I'm not out of shape...I have female breasts that need to be supported!

Busted (and happy)

I don't think you need anyone to tell you you look better in a bra.

Pardon the the pun but if you show your wife the two pictures side by side she would have to agree that a bra would "make you stick out less in a crowd"

You are a very good advert for male bra wearing. Be proud and look after them.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 05:22:16 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
I don't think you need anyone to tell you you look better in a bra.

Pardon the the pun but if you show your wife the two pictures side by side she would have to agree that a bra bra would "make you stick out less in a crowd"

You are a very good advert for make bra wearing. Be proud and look after them.
Thank you! Little-by-little I'll get my wife use to seeing me in a bra (but not realizing I'm wearing one).

I need a couple more wireless bras to put into rotation. I'm thinking of stepping up their quality to Wacoal? Any suggestions?

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I only wear a bra (lightly padded) when it's cold out to keep my nipples from getting  cold and painful.  Also my wife completely understands because she has the same problem.   Almost every time I'm wearing a bra and I'm looking down at my chest thinking my boobs look like a neon sign flashing "look at me, I'm  a guy wearing a bra" she hasn't even noticed until I say say something. 

Offline blad

The first photo is without a bra, and the second is me wearing a Bali XL wireless bra. I still project and have nipple poke with the Bali, but not so obvious. Would underwired bras be somewhere inbetween?

Now that you have posted a comparison picture with a bra on it is very clear you present better and look better with a bra under your shirt. Something I have always thought was the case with myself and I assumed others.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024