Author Topic: Four Points Sheraton 'Compassionate' rate...  (Read 11410 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
For anyone who is staying at the Four Points Sheraton by the Lakeshore in Toronto, Ontario Canada, while having surgery at St. Josephs hospital, make sure that you tell them that you are having surgery at St. Josephs and you would like to get their 'Compassionate' room rate. You'll get a discount on the regular 'walk-in' room rate.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:26:05 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Costanza

• Posting Member
Yeah I think it was like $98 a night but the fact that it's like 5 minutes away from the hospital is a huge asset.  

Offline hey_ya

• Posting Member
I was wondering if anybody has the phone number and address for this place
thanks in advance

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
  • Your gonna cut what off?
Heyya,
The address for the Four Points Sheraton is
1926 Lakeshore Blvd. West and the phone # is
1-416-766-4392. I paid $95 /night plus tax with the compassionate rate last week. Taxi fare to Bloor st. Medical Building was appr. $8.00.
Hope this helps.

3timer

Offline hey_ya

• Posting Member
hey 3timer is this were you stayed when you got the surgery done is this close to st joe's

Offline Grandpa Bambu

hey 3timer is this were you stayed when you got the surgery done is this close to st joe's

The Four Points hotel is a five minute taxi/car ride from St. Josephs hospital.

The Wife ( ex sales rep for the Four Points ) just told me it's not really a 'Compassionate Rate' but actually the corporate rate that St. Josephs hopspital gets. Anyways..... you just tell the front desk clerk that you will be a patient at St. Joe's and that you would like the 'reduced' rate.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 09:27:30 PM by Bambu »

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
Hello Hey-Ya,

Yes, I stayed at the Four Points for both trips to Toronto at the advice of Bambu. The rooms are great and well laid out. There is alot of traffic noise from the highway which I found a little bothersome because I am not used to it. They do not have much for vending machines and I found the restaurants food to be very poor. I had to ask the front desk for bottled water as I could not find it anywhere to buy. I was very thirsty after surgery and did not find it easy to move around but I also had lipo on my abdomen which is by far the most uncomfortable of the two. They told me they removed 2.5 litres of fat in total. Time to change my eating habits.
Plan to take a button up shirt to wear home from the hospital as it is much easier to get on. All and all a very non-painfull surgery.

3timer

Offline hey_ya

• Posting Member
thanks guys i am pretty pumped for my surgery mar 2 althrogh i would love to be in bambu's shoes his surgery is just a couple days away btw good luck to him on that. let us know how it goes. How is yours now 3timer when do you get to see the finished product.

Offline 3timer

• Posting Member
I am only 5 days post op. and can not remove the foam pads until wed. but it definitly looks flater under the pads. Getting alot of nerve spasms but no pain. Can hardly see the incision under my left arm already. My right incision has a mean old black and blue surrounding it and yellow bruising surfacing around the edge of the pads. All of this is trivial compared to the grief they have caused me my entire life so like all of you ,I am prepared for the worst if it has to be. So far the hardest part has been all the fibs and explanations as to why I am laid up as I am usually always on the move. No regrets yet!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I would love to be in bambu's shoes his surgery is just a couple days away btw good luck to him on that.

Thank U....

Yes, just 7 more days!  :D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yes, I stayed at the Four Points for both trips to Toronto at the advice of Bambu. There is alot of traffic noise from the highway which I found a little bothersome because I am not used to it. I found the restaurants food to be very poor.

Sorry to hear that they gave you a room beside the highway ( The Gardiner Expressway ). If you stay there again in the future, ask for a room facing the lake. However, the Wife tells me that the 'lake-view' rooms will cost you a bit more coin as they are a little bigger and have a better view. You get what you pay for though.

As for the food in the restaurant, the Wife says that hotel management gets many complaints about the food. Guess you'd be better off looking in the phone book for Pizza delivery. ::)

I wasn't actually 'advising' you to stay at the Four Points. I have never stayed there myself. I was just giving you a heads-up on the St. Joseph's corporate rate to save you a bit of coin if it was convenient for you to stay there. Very sorry for any misunderstanding.
 :-/ :-[ :-/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:51:43 PM by Bambu »

Offline ByeBye

• Posting Member
Well - my 2 cents - I stayed there 3 nights and it was just fine. you can take the #501 street car (2,50$ and 2 minute walk to the nearest stop) and it will take you to  St-Joseph hospital, to down town, to the Greyhound bus stop ... nice rooms, nice rates, and it was just fine for me.

Offline Boobies_Redux

• Posting Member
You also have the Edgewater Hotel on the corner of the Queensway and Roncesvalles, which is closer to the hospital.

If you need to get breakfast, you can eat at "Easy Cafe" on Queen st. right near Roncesvalles.

Offline Boobies_Redux

• Posting Member
Correction-  Hotel is the "Days Inn"

14 Roncesvalles Avenue
Toronto Ontario
(416)532-9900

1-800-DAYS INN

www.daysinn.com/canada

When I went to the counter to pick up a business card, the desk clerk appeared very depressed, though the hotel has guests coming in and out every day, so it can't be THAT horrible after all.  Very basic accomodation.

Offline Raven

• Silver Member
Just FYI:

I booked a room for a couple nights at the Four Points Sheraton, and did get the compassionate rate of 95$/night for Kingsize bed. But they do require to see a document as proof that you are a patient at St-Joes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024