Author Topic: advice needed  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Parobs

Hey experts,
I just want to get an opinion from some people in the know.

Long story short, 42 year old that basically had no issue growing up/puberty and did a LOT of chest work at the gym in my 20s so got quite muscular there. Then gave all that fitness away and as a 12 kilo heavier individual, my fat deposits found a new home in (feels like mostly) my chest. My weight has gone up and done over the years and it definetly is a different story when i drop the weight which looks muscular again and quite acceptable. I know everyone will be saying just go on a diet and exercise......

I have had recent ultrasounds/bloodtests which have determined its all fat with very little gland and so i am looking at having liposuction on them. The Dr doing it thinks there might be small glands which he may take out when I'm under but doesnt know. To be honest, i think he wants to just do it because he can. 

Anyway, I'm getting a bit concerned that it is maybe not needed yet and started to look at other non surgical options. Had anyone done the lipodissolve or other fat only related non surgical treatments. I figure I could give it a go and if not successful, go ahead with the surgery.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You can certainly try other non-surgical treatments, but be prepared for minimal incremental improvement and the need for multiple treatment sessions at additional cost for each session.  And in the end, you may still need surgery.

The problem is that many of these treatments result in death of fat cells, which then results in scar tissue.  If you then elect to have surgery, it is made much more difficult because of the legacy of multiple treatment sessions and therefore multiple layers of scar tissue.

Caveat Emptor! ("let the buyer beware")

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024