Author Topic: Sharp pain post surgery(pictures in thread)  (Read 4789 times)

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
Hi,

History :

My case has a long history. I'll make it short. I've been following you heroes in the background for a few years and didn't make an account until I actually went through with the surgery myself.

Had Gyne since I was 11-12 years old. Was found out but thanks to my quick tongue I fought back stupid comments so people forgot about it and I successfully hid it until I started getting successful with the girls at the age of 15.
I've also been quite skinny(which made it show even more) but a few years of being a student and a musician.. beer has made me normalweight.

Surgery :

Now I'm almost 22 and just one day decided enough is enough and I don't wanna be ashamed anymore. I booked consultation and surgery within a month. I am 8 days post-op and have had just about no pain at all in left breast. My right one on the other hand has been a lot worse and is also a lot more swollen.

The pain almost went away after 6 days even in the right breast even though it was still swollen. On the 7th day I went on re-visit at the hospital where I had the surgery(gland + lipo) and had a nurse remove stitches and put another bandage on. I am now to just tape it on my own.

The nurse wasn't very gentle and didn't believe me when I told her it hurt. I felt ridiculous and started thinking maybe I was just being a bitch about it. Got home and couldn't do anything but lie on my fucking back again due to this new kind of pain I felt after her "gentle touch".

Pain :

It's extreme in the right breast but also occurs a bit in the left.
It's a sharp pain right under the nipple. It's local, like the size of a pea and it feels like someone carves a nerve with a knife or something. I've never felt anything like it before. Almost feels like something is moving.
I asked the surgeon and the nurse if they believed it could be an infection but both replied "no". The nurse took several looks so I hope to god she's not an evil bitch from hell who wants to destroy my life :)

Problem :

What is it? Did some searches and a few people have experienced same thing but before surgery. I hope to God it is not regrowth of the gland.

Can the gland grow back?
I never checked my hormones because the surgeon didn't think it was necessary.

Sorry for wall of text. Waited a few years for my first post and I still left out a lot of information about the surgery. Ask away if you wish to know something.

Brg

Anonymous Gynecomastian
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:44:50 AM by anogyne »

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
Congrats on getting the surgery done! 

Regarding your question, I have yet to get the surgery done, so I don't think I'd be of much help.  Though I have read of several people getting pain around nipple area after the surgery.  Stay positive, I doubt it's the gland growing back.  Keep in mind, you went through a pretty intensive surgery, so your body still may be recovering.  Whatever the case, good luck, and do keep us updated.

Ohhh, by the way, the "gynecomastian" bit was funny as hell. Even though I'm getting surgery in a few weeks, I'll always consider myself a "gynecomastian" too.

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
hey mate, i hope u get better soon and ur results take form aswell

I will have done my surgery next thursday

I could read in my consent contract, that its really unexpected to get some nerves caught inthere, but still possible, so maybe thats ur situation, it can be solved opening again, its not a big deal if you keep in contact with your doctor.

Good luck and lets hope u find and easy adn confortable solution asap

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. 1 days has passed but the pain is still there. Could be 1 % better. Hard to tell.

Took a shower today and decided to take the tape off. Figured it'd be easier when wet but that glue was a pain in the.. nipples.

The tape on my left nipple was almost clean.
The tape on my right nipple was a bit of blood and also bit of brownish sludge sort of.

Also noticed that the wound was open or something on my right side.

I took some pictures for you guys to see.

9 days post op(Password is gynecomastia) :

Brg

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:41:53 AM by anogyne »

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
No thoughts on the pics? All looks normal ? =S

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Would definitely see your surgeon.  There is more swelling and bruising on the one side -- perhaps indicative of a hematoma.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
Would definitely see your surgeon.  There is more swelling and bruising on the one side -- perhaps indicative of a hematoma.

Dr Jacobs

Thanks for the reply, I called the clinic today and explained my problems and they told me not to worry and that the swelling could be different as it was different part of the body.
However she did say if I was still worried and felt like it was something I needed to show them(again), I should make an appointment.. problem is they're closed for the weekend... so I have to wait until monday.

Brg

Offline xelnaga13

My right side was way more bruised and swelled than my left. The bruising extended from the bottom of my chest up to the top of my shoulder.

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
My right side was way more bruised and swelled than my left. The bruising extended from the bottom of my chest up to the top of my shoulder.

And it was all good?

Offline xelnaga13

And it was all good?

Ya... This was my second surgery; I had a lot of scare tissue that had to be removed. My first surgery my swelling almost put be at a B cup... after a few weeks my chest was flat. This time it was more bruising than swelling.

My doctor told me that swelling and bruising are very unpredictable. I had the same amt. of gland/lipo on both sides; my left had little to no bruising and my right looked like horror movie make up.

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
hey
today its my second day post op, and well, yesterday when they removed the drains, i felt quite good till the afternoon
then suddenly, i felt the same kind of pain that u described in my left side, anything on the right one, i was really afraid, and the painkillers didnt work completely, so i thought some nerve or something was there injured
then i took a look at it removing my compressing bandage, and the left side was quite big and swelling in the nipple, also quite hard, even in the top part of the chest, where i received also lipo
right chest still looking pretty good, but it will improve a lot a guess, i still feeling hard some parts

anyhow, i called my PS and i told him how it looked and what i felt, and he told me its completely normal, sometimes an hematoma wants to grow, and the compression bandage doesnt allow it, so you feel lots of pain, also he told me when its flat from the beggining, the minimum change looks really bad, actually it looks much worse than it really is
then i took my painkillers to make it easy to endure the pain, and like in a couple of hours, the hard tissues i could touch were again soft and no pain at all

now in the morning i feel no pain, i didnt need any painkiller, i feel really good, and i can do more movements like yesterday, its been like one day and some hours since my surgery

maybe u became overconfident if you didnt feel much pain in the beggining and then you forgot to take more care of yourself, then a bad movement caused the pain, remember we suffered a real surgery and if u had lipo, its really common that kind of pains

i even thought why the hell i did the surgery, i would have thought it twice if i could imagine that suffering, so i feel you, but just be under ur Ps control and everything will be perfect

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
hey
today its my second day post op, and well, yesterday when they removed the drains, i felt quite good till the afternoon
then suddenly, i felt the same kind of pain that u described in my left side, anything on the right one, i was really afraid, and the painkillers didnt work completely, so i thought some nerve or something was there injured
then i took a look at it removing my compressing bandage, and the left side was quite big and swelling in the nipple, also quite hard, even in the top part of the chest, where i received also lipo
right chest still looking pretty good, but it will improve a lot a guess, i still feeling hard some parts

anyhow, i called my PS and i told him how it looked and what i felt, and he told me its completely normal, sometimes an hematoma wants to grow, and the compression bandage doesnt allow it, so you feel lots of pain, also he told me when its flat from the beggining, the minimum change looks really bad, actually it looks much worse than it really is
then i took my painkillers to make it easy to endure the pain, and like in a couple of hours, the hard tissues i could touch were again soft and no pain at all

now in the morning i feel no pain, i didnt need any painkiller, i feel really good, and i can do more movements like yesterday, its been like one day and some hours since my surgery

maybe u became overconfident if you didnt feel much pain in the beggining and then you forgot to take more care of yourself, then a bad movement caused the pain, remember we suffered a real surgery and if u had lipo, its really common that kind of pains

i even thought why the hell i did the surgery, i would have thought it twice if i could imagine that suffering, so i feel you, but just be under ur Ps control and everything will be perfect

My sharp pain went away in about 4-5 days. Still have a bigger swelling on my right side and am very hard on that area. It's going down slowly though.
As of today(3 weeks post-op) I stopped with painkillers and only feel a terrible itch from the garment which wakes me up sometimes at night. Also my scars itch but I think this is a good sign.

Other than that I feel really healthy and can move around easily.

I thought some about what I did different with my right side that hurt the most and had the swelling. Although it was a bit of a blur due to anaeshtetics I remember that after the surgery I couldn't sleep on my back so I tried lying on my right side. And it didn't hurt so I feel a sleep like that. Now I know that it didn't hurt because I was probably still affected by the local anaesthetic.

My right breast scar looks really good. I actually think this has got to do with the swelling on that side helping somehow.

My left breast scar doesn't like that good. But is slowly improving I think.

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
hey

My sharp pain went away in about 4-5 days. Still have a bigger swelling on my right side and am very hard on that area. It's going down slowly though.
As of today(3 weeks post-op) I stopped with painkillers and only feel a terrible itch from the garment which wakes me up sometimes at night. Also my scars itch but I think this is a good sign.

Other than that I feel really healthy and can move around easily.

I thought some about what I did different with my right side that hurt the most and had the swelling. Although it was a bit of a blur due to anaeshtetics I remember that after the surgery I couldn't sleep on my back so I tried lying on my right side. And it didn't hurt so I feel a sleep like that. Now I know that it didn't hurt because I was probably still affected by the local anaesthetic.

My right breast scar looks really good. I actually think this has got to do with the swelling on that side helping somehow.

My left breast scar doesn't like that good. But is slowly improving I think.
so everything is fixing slowly finally, good news!!

im in my 5 day postop. and i just came from my check, the bruising was reduced considerlibly from the day i posted here, also the swelling
my PS explored me and he told me i have just hematoma and seroma, then the swelling is just because of that, he told me it looks really good, and i will absorb all the liquids inthere sooner or later, its not even worth to drain it because it could come again or create more trauma
im taking medicines to help the absortion of the seroma and hematoma, but also he told me to take half dosis now
the right side is freaking perfect, i got even more flat than before, no swelling at all, i would sign right now in a contract to keep on both sides the result that i already have there
he told me i will have to wear the compression during 2 or 3 weeks and see what happens with the swelling, also 3 or 4 weeks to do soft sports...

i feel the same itchy problem, its really annoying

now let's hope i dont have problems with real swelling and scar tissue (MY MOM HAD A BREAST SURGERY TO REMOVE A LUMP, AND SHE DEVELOPED SCAR TISSUE, JUST BEHING THE LINE WHERE THEY OPENED, IT WAS GENERAL SURGERY, SHE NOTICED ONE MONTH AFTER THE SURGERY, JUST ONLY TOUCHING IT, YOU COULDNT SEE ANYTHING WITH THE NAKED EYE, AND IT WAS GONE LIKE 3 MONTHS LATER, I GUESS THAT MAKES ME HOPE I COULD HAVE A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE)
if everything sets up as soon as possible, maybe in 3 months i can walk with my back straight nad my head raised

i promise, if all develops as expected, to open a thread were i share my whole development, i dont know if i will be able to post pics, but u know, to not dissapoint other users about the surgery, i think even if it goes kind of wrong, its worth to try it, its a lot to win and nothing to loose
the reason i promise that its because people here needs hope, i remember when i saw the forum, i found out lots of bad experiences, almost no good experience at all, that because people who are happy with the results, enjoy their lifes and forget about the site
i will open at least one thread to share my whole experience, even if everything works as i like, i would like people to d that for me

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024