Author Topic: 7-day Post-Op Upper-Body Maneuverability?  (Read 3109 times)

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
To any post oppers, I am a bartender, lots of shot pouring, bending for bottles etc. in fridges. Reaching, opening etc.

Anyone have any experiences with how flexible and able I'd be after a solid 7 days of recovery in the comfort of my own home?

I'm taking a week off, what are most post-oppers experiences as far as ability goes one week after?

Thanks for any comments.

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
I am 8 days post op and can basically do anything.  The only problem is that I cannot be quick about it. I know bartenders need to rush when there is a crowd of people wanting drinks all at once and you may be able to get away with it with no problems. Having a compression vest during this time would help tremendously.  The only other problem I see is having to reach high.  On one hand I still cannot reach high since they cut my nipple entirely out and stitched it back.  The other they did it halfway.  I asked him to cut it all out so I can have smaller nipples but it looks like he decided that the fat was the only thing that made my nipples protrude out and would look normal as is which it did.  You can definitely do it, just keep a good pace and dont over do it.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Reaching and lifting are the big issues.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
cool. thanks for the widsom fellas :)

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I agree totally with these guys, and would add that even a week and a half post op I still get tired more quickly than before.  The body is using a lot of its energy for healing and you'd be amazed at how that effects your energy level for other activities.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024