Author Topic: a few other questions from a new member  (Read 2060 times)

Offline robos111

• Posting Member
First off, thanks to those who replied to my original questions re. my situation the other day. I am just starting to deal with my situt ation after many years. I am 38, but have never delt with my situation properly. I have always hid from it by hiding and drinking lots of alcohol. I have been in "AA" recovery for most of the last year and am now dealing with my issues. Gynecomastia being one of the big ones.
I have a couple of questions.
1. I wanted to go and try the gym approach (alcohol free) for a few months as I'm about 25 pounds overweight and my body fat is aprox. 29%. What are some of the best chest excercises to try from your eperience? and cardio?

2. Should I be concerned about male breast cancer?

3. I was planning on seeking out a ps in about 4-5 months (after trying out excercise first) Is this the right move, or should I be looking into that now? I live in Toronto. Can anyone recomend a good ps? I keep hearing a ps on the radio advertising that he has developed a new successful technique for combating male breast enlargement. Is there a way to check out ps's in general by area?

thanks in advance for any help with my questions

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I have a great deal of respect for physical conditioning purely for health reasons.

The sad truth is that increased musculature and/or diminished fat will not get rid of Gynecomastia. We occasionally get posts to the contrary. Some people have noted that when the breast is perched on a well defined muscle it is even more obvious.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
1.  paa_paw is right about the exercise.  it's possible to hide it only slightly by working on the upper chest, but it's really not worth your time.  go for the weight loss program just to get to your target physique or close when you get the op.  and everyone and their dog has their own cardio program ;), so i bet you could get one just asking at the gym, but weight loss is kind of a whole package where you're working with what you eat too.  i'd say buy lots of celery, but you'll get better advice than mine  ;D

2.  no.  they say it correlates more highly to gyne, but that's kind of silly because even with gyne your risk is extremely small.  most of this fear comes from the fact that almost all of us never heard of gyne before we got it, so we often assumed that's what it was.  

3.  you will probably schedule your op in advance anyway, so doing an interview or two or three is fine, though you might want to wait till you lose something so they can examine your case more closely with you looking closer to like you will later.  but the difference to the gyne itself will be nothing, you'll only lose there what you lose everywhere else.  

be careful with the guy advertising on the radio, he probably just bought a new lipo cannula, and some of the ps's believe the marketing guys that sell them more than the patients three months later who are unsatisfied with the results.  you really want somebody who's willing to favor excision and treat lipo only as a cosmetic extra, no matter how superduper he says the the pal or ultrasonic or whatever it is, is.  also, if you see his picture on a phonebook back cover next to the ad for the ambulance-chasing injury lawyer, run. 

congratulations on both your sobriety and finding the site :)  
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 02:56:52 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline robos111

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024