Author Topic: SO Im heading to the beach tomorrow...  (Read 10184 times)

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Im heading to the Mediterranean beach tomorrow, Im gonna stay there for a week....I was not gonna go, but I will try hard to forget about my gyne and enjoy myself...its gonna be hard and its gonna kill me...my friends convinced me to go, since I didnt want to and they were asking why and I didn't tell them. I mainly decided to go because I am not coming back to europe for a vacation for another 2 years, by then I am gonna get my surgery and I just wanted to visit the beach one last time... cant wait until my surgery, in about 5 months, so yea its gonna be he worst week of my vacation...after I come back I have 10 days left in europe and then I will go back to NYC, which I cant wait for so I can hit the gym again.... thats all my friends, I will be back in a week...until then bye for now ....  :-\
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
good attitude.  if they give you any grief, tell them to feck off, as the irish say it, ignore them and have a good time no matter what.  you'll only be in touch with a few of them at most out of school anyway. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
And I return from the beach vacation, well it was OK....the part of me taking my shirt off was murder, but I did it...not a lot of people noticed, I dont know if anyone did, but I felt like I was being video taped the whole time...I had my shirt on most of the time, only took it off when I went into the water, and when I tanned thats about it...one friend asked why I put my shirt on, I made up some bs about not wanting to get a sun burn....so yea, it was terrible for me on the gyne part of it all, cant wait until my surgery..

Offline patsdude14

• Posting Member

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
What I noted with utmost interest was the part about the friend who wanted to know why you were putting your shirt on.

That friend, it seems, saw nothing that needed to be hidden.

We need more friends like that.
Grandpa Dan

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
I went to a local swimming/family fun pool park a couple weeks ago at an amusement park, and I was baffled by the literally hundreds of guys with gyne that I saw.  And what was really strange, to me, was that they seemed oblivious and had no problem walking around and socializing with their shirts off.  No one even looked at my chest and I felt no awkwardness whatsoever, save for the constant little bit of confidence issues that will carry with me till surgery.
I really appreciate the courage some men have, and I admire their disregard for their chesticles.  From what I saw, there were more instances of gyne than not.  I realized we are truly not alone.

Offline Noseguard

• Silver Member
  • You t*t, what's he gonna do nibble your bum?
What I noted with utmost interest was the part about the friend who wanted to know why you were putting your shirt on.

We need more friends like that./quote]

I may have to disagree.  There are those friends who generally don't care or notice, and they are great.

HOWEVER, I have noticed several times in my gynecomastia career that there are those friends and family that are perceptive enough to get what is going on with us G sufferers.  Sometimes they will float the seemingly innocent question like "why do you put your shirt on" when they know full well the answer. My guess is these people are at best curious about the g and want to get into the duologue a  little, OR at worst are shallow and enjoy about hearing a little bad news.

Sorry to be so cynical, but over the years I have seen all types.

My best friends never needed to ask about my shirt.  They knew I had an issue, and why I left my shirt on.  They just chose to ignore it and still be my friends.

Again, his friend my have been innocent in his asking and I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

We need more friends like that./quote]

I may have to disagree.  There are those friends who generally don't care or notice, and they are great.

HOWEVER, I have noticed several times in my gynecomastia career that there are those friends and family that are perceptive enough to get what is going on with us G sufferers.  Sometimes they will float the seemingly innocent question like "why do you put your shirt on" when they know full well the answer. My guess is these people are at best curious about the g and want to get into the duologue a  little, OR at worst are shallow and enjoy about hearing a little bad news.

Sorry to be so cynical, but over the years I have seen all types.

My best friends never needed to ask about my shirt.  They knew I had an issue, and why I left my shirt on.  They just chose to ignore it and still be my friends.

Again, his friend my have been innocent in his asking and I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yup, I totally agree noseguard, sometimes even when its not concerning gyne. It can be something different like someone wearing something or acting a certain way and you ask "hey how come you are doing this or that?" you already know why they are doing it but anways you ask so they can talk about it and for some reason it makes you feel better, since your almost picking on them. I have done this a few times but only over stupid things, I never pick on peoples physical looks, like I will never tell someone "Hey you have breasts" since I know how it feels when others pick on you.

My mother and father always tell me "take off your shirt, let the sun hit you" and I always say "NO" and they know why I say NO, its because they know deep down that I have gyne, even though they dont want to admit it. So the excuse I always use is "I dont want to get a sun burn" and the other day my dad said it again and I said no again, so I got pissed since I know he is doing it to make me feel uncomfortable cuz of the gyne, so I purposely took off my shirt during sunset and I think he might have thought "Hmmm maybe he is avoiding the sun?"

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024