Author Topic: Bra types  (Read 2125 times)

rrr

I have been using bras to test concealment and as a measure of growth. I do not yet need support and have been using low cost t-shirt bras. However, about a month ago a 34 C became too small and I started to get bulging at the top, so I went to a D. The D cup made my chest look huge - which was quite disappointing.
I read up a bit on bra types and decided to try a different style. I bought a deep plunge style a cup size smaller and it made a difference. Instead of gathering the breast and lifting (making them appear even bigger), it gathers them and pushes towards the middle - which is usually empty space anyway.
I know they are designed for cleavage (on women), but when going for concealment it appears I can get by with a smaller cup size. This might work for others, so I am passing it along.
The downside for me is that they are still growing, so by next year I will end up with a larger cup size anyway.
Bummed

Offline TigerPaws

I have been using bras to test concealment and as a measure of growth. I do not yet need support and have been using low cost t-shirt bras. However, about a month ago a 34 C became too small and I started to get bulging at the top, so I went to a D. The D cup made my chest look huge - which was quite disappointing.
I read up a bit on bra types and decided to try a different style. I bought a deep plunge style a cup size smaller and it made a difference. Instead of gathering the breast and lifting (making them appear even bigger), it gathers them and pushes towards the middle - which is usually empty space anyway.
I know they are designed for cleavage (on women), but when going for concealment it appears I can get by with a smaller cup size. This might work for others, so I am passing it along.
The downside for me is that they are still growing, so by next year I will end up with a larger cup size anyway.
Bummed
Bummed,

Finding a comfortable bra/garment which both hold you secure and acts to better conceal your breasts is no easy task. Unfortunately what you are experiencing is normal, most of us have to go through the same trial and error issue.

For the time being you may want to consider a Champion compression or Danskin front zip. While the Champion (and other compression styles) do a better job of concealment they can be difficult to put on and get off, plus after a long day the compression can feel like a vice grip around your chest.

Do not shy away from something like the Danskin Zip-Up which has a slightly curved cup insert. Looking at it you might think that it will make you show more, but in fact you will look flatter and more like you have been working out rather than have your breasts/nipples show through.

My only complaint is that there is not enough compression on the sides (under the arm) and that the sides are 1" too tall (wide) under the arm pit. This can chafe a little, other than that experiment a little with styles and cup sizes for what works well for you.  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:47:40 PM by TigerPaws »

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Adding to what TigerPaws has stated relative to the Champion compression sports bras, I almost live in a Champion compression sports bra, style 6632. It does reduce the size of my breasts to the point I appear to have a well developed chest and as long as I do not suck the stomach in and push the chest out, it looks normal. I am currently a 44D or 44DD depending on how I am measured. The first time I used the Champion, I felt like I was in a vice and it pushed on my ribs. I was sore for a few days and then I was and am fine. Still, at the end of the day I love to get into a nice leisure bra with no compression at all. Just my few cents worth.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024