Author Topic: When will most of the swelling take place?  (Read 3100 times)

Offline x1weak

• Posting Member
I have heard the swelling is worse in the beginning, but have also heard its worse a week or 2 post op. 

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
2 weeks post-op. My chest has barely changed...

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
It depends on the individual and how you heal. We're all different.

Personally, I had a lot of swelling right off the bat. I know they say when you first take the vest off you get a "preview" of your eventual results (aside from all of the bruising and scarring), but it wasn't like that for me at all..  my left side looked very "full" and about as big as it did pre-op. I also ended up with a hematoma there, though... so that could have been why. I had it drained week by week and now 4+ weeks post-op and I'm about as flat as I'm going to get.

Offline x1weak

• Posting Member
I went to the doctors 2 days post op just to change the bandages under the garment.  I got a little look at my chest and it felt hard, but still hoping it goes down some more.

DrBermant

I have heard the swelling is worse in the beginning, but have also heard its worse a week or 2 post op. 

For my patients, peak swelling and bruising after gynecomastia surgery occurs at the time of surgery.  How tissues evolve after gynecomastia surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what was done, skill of the surgeon, after surgery care, and many other factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline MrHappy

• Posting Member
i dont know about you guys but im about 16 days or so post op and RIGHT AFTER surgery my chest was flat as can be and looked great! now it looks like i got my gyne back but it is still bruised(yellow) around my nips and under arm a bit. also it is very hard like a rock all around my nips and under arm. i had excision and lipo but my PS said that it is normal for it to puff up like a balloon a few weeks post op. its going to get worse before it gets better but its all part of the healing process! i just cant wait until the day i am FULLY healed!

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
Im 10 weeks posts on and after surgey they were flat for a little now they are swollen... can clearly tell they are swollen as you know when the nipples go hard, well they used to go hard and flat, now they go hard and are puffy..

plus, when I massage them they swell up about 30% more. Oh, and they hurt when i massage them and\or squeeze them still.

One of my cousins got it done and did not have any swelling like what we experience and looked great from almost day one... and still looks great..

My dad is a remedial therapist and i got him to check it out last week and said that there is alot of swelling and scar tissue under the nipples. I am going to get him to work on them today.

Also I have cut out my gym and running as this only made them swell must like when i massage them.

DOH!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024