Author Topic: Dr. Anantheswar - HOD,Dept of Plastic & reconstructive surgery MANIPAL Bangalore  (Read 65624 times)

Offline bloregynacomastia

• Bronze Member

Correct the right boob is swollen. And the puffy nipple look is because of the loose skin.

My  nipples were big n supple and pointing outwards fully stretched For  10 years before surgery.

You dont expect it to change its shape it 10 days do You ?????

Yes It is LOOSE SKIN and not Fat. All the fuking fat has been liposuctioned by my surgeon.

The loose skin will get looser also when the swelling comes down. Therefore Doctor said its compulsory to wear the compression vest at all times.

I asked my doctor whether I can avoid wearing the vest until the swelling comes down ( as the vest is tight and is restricting proper blood circulation to swollen tissues)....He REPLIED NEGATIVE and Said "NO MATTER what YOU SHUD WEAR THE VEST. APPLY THROMBOPHOB..wait 3 minutes till it dries off and wear the vest. "

Now all the results will rely on wearing vest properly and for long time or  not. the real healing process is almost over.

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
Hey bloregynacomastia ,
u forgot to answer my questions regarding compresison vest:)
I want to try compression vest before surgery...
i think compression vest has to be worn for alteast 2 to 3 months...
 only if it wont be noticieable, I can confidently go for surgery...
it would be embarassing if ppl start asking questions about waht u r wearing inside...
also  Am not sure how to place order for that.. about the size, they will come to your house and measure?? or i can tell medium or large?? how do i pay.. would they send it by courier..?

Thank you,
Tony.

• Bronze Member

SORRY DUDE... I DID NOT FORGET TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

Its already answered in this topic of Forums.....See the message with (compression vest pics). everything is mentioned there.....

Well Mr. busy guy ......ok just for you i will send it again..

MEDILIN
Address #512, S.C Road, Yeshwanthpur Bangalore -22
Telephone: +91-80- 23575639, 080- 41273319
Mobile:9845009986

Call them up and see...Home delivery for purchased products is available.
For trial and stuff , you gotta personally speak to them. Because all products are custom stitched to Patients sizes.......Speak to them they might oblige just to capture bizness u kno....and snatch a couple thousand rupees frm ur poket.

Happy Vesting.

Offline moobs_sucks

• Posting Member
Surgery done on 18th April 2007
(Lipo+gland excision)
Surgeon: DR.Ramachandran
Pre & Post op pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/moobs_sucks/

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
hi all,

I'm gyne free now, Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
I had my surgery on Monday 25th June

venue: Manipal hospital, Airport Road, bangalore
Sunday 24th:
 after the blood tests done in the earlier week, i got admited on Sunday evening, they gave me some injections, one was for the asthma i have. Also took blood samples for further tests.

Monday 25th 'D' Day
6:00 AM : i was given antibiotic injections, Was on Nebulizer for 20 minutes(for asthma)

7:00 AM : was transfered to Operation theatre, Met Dr Ananteshwar there and he took some pics, there, Dr Manjunath asked me breath through the oxygen mask, "you would sleep in some time" felt like a lulaby,

11:00 AM the next thing i know was i was in a room on a movable bed, with no one around me, i think i overslept, i had to pee but was not allowed to stand, was very weak, and sleepy, some how controlled my natures call. There wasnt much pain. had a plaster kinda thing around me which made me feel i was lifting weight (sounds cliched ehhh)

hey will be back with the rest of post, have to rush to Manipal for compression vest measurement

My status: Drain free, have two cotton tissues around my areola, will post my pics soon...

Wish me speedy recovery, for other i would just say dont postpone, just do it.

edit:
1:00 PM was in my ward, was having drains on my chest, had to take help to get up, go for a leak. Rest of the day i slept and slept.

Some time in evening was given painkiller and antibiotic injections, they were huge !!!
I had difficulty in peeing, though its not linked with surgery ( i have a phobia kinda thingie  >:(  )

26th June:
Was feeling better, Doc came for his rounds early morning, asked if wud like to go home

Was given another round of antibiotics and painkillers, was discharged in the evening

Would like to mention that my total bill came to Rs 39,000.00 I had Ashma which needed some nebulizers before surgery, it added a tad i guess. I was told to expect in the range Rs 25,000 to Rs 35,000

ciao

« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 08:20:10 AM by hungry.tides »
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline moobs_sucks

• Posting Member

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
hi all i have updated my pics. Hey did any one here have loss of sensation in the area around

areola (place from where fat was liposuctioned)

I have loss of sensation and have asked my doc, he wasnt there spoke to his assistant, she

said, it will take time, about 1 to 2 months to regain sensation around the area. Its common

to have loss of sensation she said

any comments?
ciao

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
hey hungry.tides, congrats man!!! wish u a speedy recovery... Regarding Susheel cleatus, you mentioned he is awesome.. who referred you to him?  did u have any contact with any of the patients who are operated by him?
-Tony.

Offline problem man

• Silver Member
hungry.tides, can u tell me whether 100% of your gland was excised and was it possible for u to hide the drains under a loose jacket or something like that?
I am thinking of goind under Anantheshwar's knives too, but has to be kept as a secret at any cost.

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
problem man
was it possible for u to hide the drains under a loose jacket or something like that?
I was able to hide it to some extent with a shawl, but you must understand that people around you, at least one person should know abt drains. It can be dangerous if something happens and u put stress on the drains. the drains are connected in the cavity of areola.

My suggestion is if take a lodge some where near manipal, then even if the people in lodge see the drains it shouldnt bother you. or you also search for some cheap comfortable rooms around indranangar.

Hope i was helpful.

Regarding Susheel cleatus, you mentioned he is awesome.. who referred you to him? 
Dr Roopa Satyaprakash, Endo Wockhardt, but you dont need any reference to go to him or for that any doc here in India, i guess abroad they need reference for every thing.

did u have any contact with any of the patients who are operated by him?
No, You can ask him for some reference, but i were you i would doubt him, as you said he is awesome.

All the best for your surgery plans, and thanks a ton for your wishes, i need every one of them   ;D

• Bronze Member
Hey U Bugger !

First of all CONGRATS for the surgery.

Saw Didnt I tell you everybody is a special case ? Good you told them you have asthma.....Didnt my warnings help you? every patient is Unique in all aspects.

Your cost of surgery was pretty High ( as compared to mine) ...was it just the asthma thingy or did you have a complication during surgery that needed little more effort of Dr.Anatheshwar.

And lolz were you  scared of the big injections in ur hip?

What about the drains...from your post I get impression that your drains were off almost immediately. How many days were you stuck to drains?

Sensation is lost for me also..... It was there after surgery but somehow its gone now. Even I need to get back to Dr. on this issue after 3 months....

I would appreciate if you could take pains and tell us in detail your story..just like how I wrote. Thanks.

And speedy recovery maaan. Your chest looks sexy now...Lets hit da gym together sum time yeah ? Or catch up 4 a coffee at a later date yeah ?

I cant tell you how happy I am at my new flat chested look. No more consciuos bout who i ma meeting or what I am  wearing at allll.  :P
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 01:43:17 PM by bloregynacomastia »

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
Bcoz a person like you most probably will never be satisfied with any surgeon.So why risk you spoiling Dr.Anatheshwars mood or fame.
hehe problem man, dont get this wrong way, bloregynacomastia is just trying to pep you into action.
To answer your question of Gland removal, as my signature says, its <100%, Doc said some gland should be kept around the part behind areola, to keep its look intact. (no concavity)

Hey U Bugger !
  ;D  ;D

Didnt my warnings help you?
they surely did, thankyou

Your cost of surgery was pretty High ( as compared to mine) ...was it just the asthma thingy or did you have a complication during surgery that needed little more effort of Dr.Anatheshwar.
i didnt have any complications or doc would have surely informed me, it was mainly due to asthma, how much was yours?

And lolz were you  scared of the big injections in ur hip?
scare me, ehh no way  ::)  what was that white color fluid in injections? I guess that was the antibiotic, painkiller are supposed to reduce pain but the pain killer injections were ohh ahh ouch  ;D

What about the drains...from your post I get impression that your drains were off almost immediately. How many days were you stuck to drains?
mine was removed on 4 th day post op, my drains were like this
             left     right
1st day   13       22
2nd day  16       16
3rd day   18       24
4th day   9        13
I saw your post they were on a higher side, when did u start work?
Sensation is lost for me also
ask Doc what he thinks, he said it normally happens, and would regain sensation in 2 to 3 months, wasnt committing to a particular time frame

I would appreciate if you could take pains and tell us in detail your story..just like how I wrote. Thanks.
have been wanting to that ever since op, just cudnt get what all should i mention, if people (who have not undergone surgey would like to know any thing that was not told in bloregynacomastia, pls post i will prepare a detailed story of my OP, also use my signature to view pre/post pics. its very hepful i guess.

And speedy recovery maaan. Your chest looks sexy now...Lets hit da gym together sum time yeah ? Or catch up 4 a coffee at a later date yeah ?
thanks alot it sure looks sexy  ;), GYM!! hold it for some more time, 3 months i feel, Coffee !!! would love to, we will meet ....lets discuss this thru PM

Problem man, set a date to complete all your endo related stuff ASAP. Then take PS appointment.
Did you see my PM regarding Dr K J Shetty (Dept of Internal medicine Manipal), he is a good endo, i felt.Dr Anatheshwar asked me to get a go ahead with him before i go under knife.

Keep posted, and make use of weekends to this cause.

ciao
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 01:14:13 PM by hungry.tides »

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
bloregynacomastia: Hey had a query, when did u first take a full bath post op? wetting your chest? I havent had the courage to do that yet, though doc said i can have a shower.  >:(

Offline tony_ss

• Silver Member
<No, You can ask him for some reference, but i were you i would doubt him, as you said he is awesome. >
Hi Hungry.tides,
Thanks man for your reply:)... I hope you meant this < i were you i wouldn't doubt him>only reason why i wouldn't want to go to him- bcoz he uses drains. not sure if there is any other good doctor in blr:(

once again all the best for your recovery..

-Tony.

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
oops you got what i meant, i will edit my post , so as not to misguide anyone, sorry
was that a PM, i cant modify that then

only reason why i wouldn't want to go to him- bcoz he uses drains.
  i feel doc knows best, you shouldnt make decsions based on usage of drains, there a reason why they do it. There are lot of good PS apart from Dr Susheel C, I dont want to promote any one PS over other, lot of things have to be considered, like your budget, proximity to your place, most importantly how comfortable you are with Doc.

Dont assume as bloregynacomastia says, do you research, zero in on your PS
ATB
Ciao, good night
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 03:19:55 PM by hungry.tides »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024