Author Topic: Confused about selecting the right doctor  (Read 3570 times)

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hello Friends,
           I need your valuable opinion in selecting the right Cosmetic surgeon. I consulted Dr.Ramachandran at Apollo Chennai. He said the operation cost would be around 50K. He just asked for a thyroid test to be done.I did'nt ask him much questions.I am planning to pay him another visit,with my doubts and things I should be aware off before going under the knife.
Please suggest me some of the things which I need to get clarified from the doctor.
Also, I am thinking of consulting Dr. Ananteshwar.
Please some body suggest me the best doctor, even though I know that both are good.

Thanks in Advance.

Offline I.V.

Hi aztec123
         I too consulted Dr. Ramachandran yesterday. He said the same things to me. He asked me to take some 10 to 15 tests. He said that the operation costs around 50k without the cost of compression vest, some spray etc. I think i ll be doing the surgery within this month.

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi I.V,
    Dr did not ask me to do lots of tests. He said just a Thyroid test is enough.I am planning to get it done in the month of October. Any idea whether Any medical insurance company would cover the cost for operation?

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi I.V,
    Have you done the surgery?

Offline Perplexed

• Posting Member
Hi aztec123,

Don't know what your case is....But I can suggest another Doc if u need so, who did ma surgery... The Doc's name is Sekhar & I got it done frm Bnglr & it cost me around 35k-37 almost!!! My surgery was only lipo... The best part was it looked like "He knew what he had to do & what he was doin"....atleast that was a relief for me..Phew!! :)

I'm still 3 weeks post... Its feelin way better for me considering before!!

Anyways, if ur frm chennai...I guess Dr.Ramachandran is a good bet...But not sure why the charge of 60k....Is it for Gland removal too???

All the Best & Take care... :)

Offline ssg

• Posting Member
Folks,

Did any of you ask any previous post op pictures from Dr Ramachandran? How is the feedback about his previous surgery? I am living abroad and thinking to fly back to Chennai for the surgery as it is less expensive than here in UK. Guys, I would really appreicate if you could post your pre & post op pictures. I would like to have a comparision before the surgery.

Cheers!

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
Hi Perplexed,
    Ram quote 50k for lipo+excision. Before consulting with Sekhar, did you consult with Anantheswara of the Manipal hospital. I head he is a very experienced PS. I am thinking of paying  a visit to this PS.

Offline Perplexed

• Posting Member

Hi Dude,

Ya..I tried contacting both of them, but didnt get any replies from them for a long time!! Thus, I had to search for another Doc & found out Dr.Sekhar!! :)
Anyways...Dr.Anantheswar sounds good too! Heard gud of him...Also his charges seem minimal too!!
Pls Don't waste time buddy..Get it done frm whoever u'r confident with!! I regret I shud have done mine long ago!! Hehe..

Gud Luck...TC!! :D

Offline trudy

Hi Aztec

From what I have explored, Dr Ramachandran has got good reviews.

Offline aztec123

• Posting Member
I contacted Dr.Anantheswar of Manipal. He is such a cool doctor,within a 15 minutes of talk, he removed my anxieties. I find more comfortable with Anantheswar than Dr.Ram. He operation cost  in Manipal would be 55K.I know Ram is a very good and experienced doctor, but the way he talked to me was not very encouraging. Probably, he might have talked like that, so that I would not keep huge expectations about the post operation results.
  But Anantheswar was very patient enough to hear my problems and clarify all my  queries. Ram said not to expect much results but there would be improvements. Anantheswar said, definitely I would get a flat chest.
He also assured that there would be no complication and the only one case which happened in his 20 years of experience was due to the patient not obeying the doctors advice.
I would most probably go for Anantheswar. But I have some issue with BP, which needs to be rectified first.
I am in the process of that..

Offline rajkumar

• Posting Member
I contacted Dr.Anantheswar of Manipal. He is such a cool doctor,within a 15 minutes of talk, he removed my anxieties. I find more comfortable with Anantheswar than Dr.Ram. He operation cost  in Manipal would be 55K.I know Ram is a very good and experienced doctor, but the way he talked to me was not very encouraging. Probably, he might have talked like that, so that I would not keep huge expectations about the post operation results.
  But Anantheswar was very patient enough to hear my problems and clarify all my  queries. Ram said not to expect much results but there would be improvements. Anantheswar said, definitely I would get a flat chest.
He also assured that there would be no complication and the only one case which happened in his 20 years of experience was due to the patient not obeying the doctors advice.
I would most probably go for Anantheswar. But I have some issue with BP, which needs to be rectified first.
I am in the process of that..

Hope so ur surgery had gone well and recovered. since i am staying in bangalore and would like to go for a surgery here itself. I would like to know more about Dr. Anantashewar and the cost of  getting it done in manipal.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024