Author Topic: Padded bra or not?  (Read 13663 times)

aboywithgirls

I have bras of all types and colors. I tend to gravitate to underwire molded cup bras for my day to day wear. I like the support and shape  that I get from the underwire and I get a nice rounded shape and nipple concealment with the molded cup. There are also times when  a lace bra is more appropriate  (like when it's 95 degrees out, until you walk through the produce section,lol). I wear a 36G / H in most of my bras and been wearing since I was 12.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Some people avoid molded thinking it makes them look larger, although I think it does very slightly to me from my viewpoint, the measuring tape shows the difference is only around 1/8-1/4" tops.
I agree, nipple concealment is helped with the molded cups.  
In the winter I like modeled cups for sure, I have some other bras that are cooler in the summer, but often in the summer I go through 2-3 bra a day if I am working out in the heat.

Offline TigerPaws

Some people avoid molded thinking it makes them look larger, although I think it does very slightly to me from my viewpoint, the measuring tape shows the difference is only around 1/8-1/4" tops.
I agree, nipple concealment is helped with the molded cups.  
In the winter I like modeled cups for sure, I have some other bras that are cooler in the summer, but often in the summer I go through 2-3 bra a day if I am working out in the heat.
Molded cups are often more comfortable with 1/8" padding, depending on the style some push-up bras are even more comfortable.

As with anything it all depends on your body type, weight and breast size. Everyone is unique in what works best for them.

Offline Busty

I like  the lift, shaping, and nipple coverage from the underwire, padded, molded cup bras.

aboywithgirls

I feel the same way.  For every day wear, I wear an underwire, molded cup, full coverage bra. I like the lift and shaping that they provide. But the molded , full coverage cup stops the nipple protrusion. I  know that many here are looking for concealment but I've learned that comfort is now more important than concealment. So as a result my girls are supported front and center. 

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I must agree with the underwire! I tried one last year or the year before but was very uncomfortable with it. I was wearing a 44B and it was too small! I just tried a 46C and WOW!!! What a difference. It gives the support I need, it keeps the "assets" from moving around, gives a certain amount of shape to my breasts and does away with the uni-boob look of the sports bra. Even though it now shows the "mounds" on my chest, they do not look as obvious as the uni-boob. I have lived in a sports bra (Champion 6632) for years but I did not like the boob squashing and they still moved around and tended to move toward the center of my chest like a woman's breasts. Not anymore!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:47:11 PM by expedient-traveller »

Offline TigerPaws

I must agree with the underwire! I tried one last year or the year before but was very uncomfortable with it. I was wearing a 44B and it was too small! I just tried a 46C and WOW!!! What a difference. It gives the support I need, it keeps the "assets" from moving around, gives a certain amount of shape to my breasts and does away with the uni-boob look of the sports bra. Even though I it now shows the "mounds" on my chest, they do not look as obvious as the uni-boob. I have lived in a sports bra (Champion 6632) for years but I did not like the boob squashing and they still moved around and tended to move toward the center of my chest like a woman's breasts. Not anymore!
A lot depends on your body type, the size of your breasts (actual size not bra size), a lot depends on the firmness of your breasts and if they are wide set, narrow or something in between.

Underwire bras can be much more comfortable depending on numerous factors. As with anything you have to try on several different types and styles in order to find what works well for you.

I wear what is necessary for the task at hand, one type/style of bra is not suited for all occasions or activities. Under a business suit I wear a compression sports bra, around the Villa, whatever I feel comfortable in.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:48:47 PM by TigerPaws »

aboywithgirls

As I'm sure many women would agree with me, is "Thank God for the Underwire Bra!" But that's just my opinion. The underwire adds alot of support and shape. My breasts are relatively large at a 36G and can definitely use the help with both. But with an underwire, you need to try on several different brands and styles to make sure that the underwire doesn't end up pinching or poking you! Once you find the right one or 2, you probably will be buying more. 

Offline skinny-s

• Posting Member
I am experiencing another round of breast growth, with sore breast's and nipples. I found a Playtex underwire padded bra that the cups are a little big and it provides protection for the growing girls and the headlights don't show.

Offline TigerPaws

I am experiencing another round of breast growth, with sore breast's and nipples. I found a Playtex underwire padded bra that the cups are a little big and it provides protection for the growing girls and the headlights don't show.
Depending on your under bust size (45' or less) you might want to consider one of these Deep V Underwire Padded Bra , they are very comfortable, have a deep "V" and a front zipper. They are also shallow in the cup.

If you are a 40" under bust look at an XL, for 45" XXL beyond that you are on your own.

Offline Dubs

• Posting Member
Since I am new to thinking about this is it normal for them to continue to grow as I age.  I have nothing wrong with me physically that I know of, but as men age their testosterone normally drops.  So now that I am barely 40 what can I expect as I age?

Offline TigerPaws

Since I am new to thinking about this is it normal for them to continue to grow as I age.  I have nothing wrong with me physically that I know of, but as men age their testosterone normally drops.  So now that I am barely 40 what can I expect as I age?
First question is have you been to an Endocrinologist yet? Because without a baseline to work with you are stumbling around in the dark.

You have said that you have a family history of breast development. Ok that is a start but breasts need Estrogen, occasionally Prolactin and or Progesterone to grow. All of us have Estrogen receptors that we are born with once they are excited by Estrogen even minute amounts they will multiply and cause your breast gland to begin to expand. The itching and soreness tells me that your breast gland is growing, how big it will grow depends mostly on genetics. Look to your mother, any sisters, mothers sister and if she has girls is a fair indication of how big you could be.

What you really need to do is to find the root cause of your breast tissue growth. There are numerous possible causes from Liver issues to a Tumor on your Pituitary gland. Low Testosterone is also an issue because your body wants to be in balance, if you are not producing enough Testosterone your body will produce Estrogen to compensate.

Your body does not care if it is Testosterone or Estrogen dominate. as long as one wins. Actually Estrogen is a much more powerful hormone than Testosterone so it is easy for the body to become Estrogen dominate.

As to what to expect? Difficult to know without knowing the underlying cause for your breast gland development. Left unchecked you could easily develop fully formed female breasts along with other secondary characteristics such as softer skin, a more youthful appearance and fat redistribution.

This could go on for years.  

Offline Dubs

• Posting Member
Since I am new to thinking about this is it normal for them to continue to grow as I age.  I have nothing wrong with me physically that I know of, but as men age their testosterone normally drops.  So now that I am barely 40 what can I expect as I age?
First question is have you been to an Endocrinologist yet? Because without a baseline to work with you are stumbling around in the dark.

You have said that you have a family history of breast development. Ok that is a start but breasts need Estrogen, occasionally Prolactin and or Progesterone to grow. All of us have Estrogen receptors that we are born with once they are excited by Estrogen even minute amounts they will multiply and cause your breast gland to begin to expand. The itching and soreness tells me that your breast gland is growing, how big it will grow depends mostly on genetics. Look to your mother, any sisters, mothers sister and if she has girls is a fair indication of how big you could be.

What you really need to do is to find the root cause of your breast tissue growth. There are numerous possible causes from Liver issues to a Tumor on your Pituitary gland. Low Testosterone is also an issue because your body wants to be in balance, if you are not producing enough Testosterone your body will produce Estrogen to compensate.

Your body does not care if it is Testosterone or Estrogen dominate. as long as one wins. Actually Estrogen is a much more powerful hormone than Testosterone so it is easy for the body to become Estrogen dominate.

As to what to expect? Difficult to know without knowing the underlying cause for your breast gland development. Left unchecked you could easily develop fully formed female breasts along with other secondary characteristics such as softer skin, a more youthful appearance and fat redistribution.

This could go on for years.  

Dont know where to go from here.  So I got my testosterone and estrodial checked and it was 184, which 250 is low normal and the other wasup to 48, which should be below 39 

Offline TigerPaws

So you have low Testosterone and higher than normal Estrogen?
Did they check for Prolactin and Progesterone?

Offline Dubs

• Posting Member
So you have low Testosterone and higher than normal Estrogen?
Did they check for Prolactin and Progesterone?
No they only did those two he wants to check it again in a few weeks Earlier in the day and after I do some weights.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024