Author Topic: Padded bra or not?  (Read 13660 times)

Offline buffaloken

I'm new here and was wondering something. 
First a little history...I've had breasts my entire life, they were a big B cup in high school and a full C cup in my mid twenties.  Now, they're a D+ cup.  I don't hide them and it doesn't bother me that I have breasts.  But when buying bras, do you buy padded or a regular bra.  I used to buy regular bras, but my nipples would show through.  I realized that more people would stare at my nipples than my breasts, so I started wearing padded bras.  I know they make them look bigger, but I'm a 42 D+, about to go to the next size, so hiding them isn't the issue.  Do I really need people to see my nipples?  Is that showing too much?

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
My chest measures 51-52 inches, but I find a 42C with some padding fits me best, as my boobs aren't quite as round as a females C cups would be.
Some padding also helps to protect sore boobs/nipples from being banged into things.

hammer

No padding for me. I get hot very fast so I want the air to get through. I have another  color then this black bra in the picture that I use in my post but I haven't taken a picture of it, but this is the only type of bra that I have found that works for me. I hoping that the new one that TigerPaws lady friend is making will give me another option.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
I was hesitant about wearing a padded bra at first because I was afraid it would make my breasts too noticeable.  However, it seems to be very hard to find a bra that hides well under a T-shirt that doesn't have at least light padding, so I finally tried one.  It is the Leading Lady #5028 from Herroom.com.  Once I determined the right size and put it on under a T-shirt I realized that, while it does give me a slightly rounder shape, it doesn't really increase my projection very much.  As has already been mentioned, the light padding helps minimize or prevent nipple show-through, and it does protect my breasts when I bump them against something.  I also found that wearing one of these when doing anything strenuous does seem to make me hot.  I just recently bought a Bali One Smooth U Ultra Light Illusion Neckline bra (which is also a T-shirt bra) that has the newer type of padding that they call "spacer foam."  So far it seems to allow a lot more air circulation, so it doesn't get as hot.  Overall I have found that I like the look and feel of an underwire, lightly padded T-shirt bra better than anything else I have tried.  I still wear a couple of different unlined stretch-cup bras, but my favorites are the ones that are lightly padded.

Offline Jin

• Posting Member
Like you, I do not try to hide my breasts. My nips are also well developed and I just let my pokies show.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hi guys I like a padded bra to sleep in , otherwise i just wear non padded ones.

Offline TigerPaws

Just a little up-date, we have finally registered the Trade Name for our men's line.
The name SportsVest and we are well on our way towards finalizing the prototype (I am wearing in now). We have selected a manufacturer and the various fabrics.
Just a little about what it actually takes to make one of these Sports Vests for you gentleman. The garment has no less than 19 different components all sewn together and each piece must be assembled and sewn in a specific order, there a 6 different types of stitching each performed on a different sewing machine.
Target price will be $49.95 USD and initially there will be 2 solid colors, Black and White.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Tiger-Paws: Looking forward to the release of the "vest". Thanks for the update.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
What to wear would depend on the situation. The type of shirt would also come into play. Tight shirts will show nipples (experience speaking), while loose shirts do the opposite until they are stretched. I would advice mild padding to cover the nipples. Mine stick straight out all the time but I wear a loose work shirt with patch pockets over my breasts and it covers things well. At other times, a lightly padded bra is the only way to go.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You wear what is comfortable and what does the job for you.  I can easily understand that a lightly padded garment could actually be more concealing than a garment with no padding.  In my case the issue was bounce.  Since at 78 I do not much engage in the strenuous activities that caused bounce I no longer wear a bra. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline walt

• Gold Member
well as far as padding I have 18ga bars through both nipples , I do have half dollar size areolas so no matter what bra the bars do show through. I like the padded ones in the winter time keeps the girls warm.

Offline don.deitz

TigerPaws -- Those bras are very sheer. I bet they are cool in hot weather.
I have wondered about places like AliExpress.  What is your experience with them like?
Good service? Those bras are pretty cheap. Do you feel they were worth the money?
I don't buy bras that cheap. I figure they are not worth it.  I buy a Bali or Wacoal or other brand I am familiar with.

Offline TigerPaws

TigerPaws -- Those bras are very sheer. I bet they are cool in hot weather.
I have wondered about places like AliExpress.  What is your experience with them like?
Good service? Those bras are pretty cheap. Do you feel they were worth the money?
I don't buy bras that cheap. I figure they are not worth it.  I buy a Bali or Wacoal or other brand I am familiar with.
don.deitz,

I have purchased a number of things from AliExpress, garments are difficult because of the sizing, lets face it Asian especially Chinese women are petite and the sizing runs small. Forget returning things, this postage costs about as much as what your refund would be. As for actually receiving whatever is ordered that is usually not a problem, AliExpress has always given me a 100% refund if the product never arrived.

Lots of options and cheap prices but you have to understand what you are buying and where you are buying it from. Look at the country of origin on damn near ANYTHING you buy today and you will see the Made in China label. (Sad)

As is with anything give it a try and see what happens you are generally going to spend less than a few gallons of gas or what a sandwich would cost to try.

As for sheer men's garments, those options are limited by the available fabrics, everything is a compromise. Sheer fabrics do not stretch well, nor are they durable so a heavier fabric in a more open weave which is more durable achieves similar results as a sheer fabric.

Sorry no easy answers when it comes to garment breath ability, comfort, functionality and durability

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I always see padded and think push up bra.
Padded meaning the light thin foam lining right?
Most of mine have some 1/8" thick padded, I prefer unlined, but I don't tend to find the styles I like the best unlined that often.  
Still wearing a 40C, my favorites are still minmizers.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024