Author Topic: My first sports bra  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Salsoul

• Posting Member
Having failed miserably with mens body shaper compression vests which I found so uncomfortable, I have followed the advice on bigbustsupport.com with their piece on gynecomastia where they recommended the Champion 2900 Infinity Racerback sports bra. I ordered two in XL from Herroom.com in black and white, even though their site state XL really only goes upto a 40 band, and I'm a 42.
Anyway they have arrived and they are spot on, both comfortable and supportive and both colours will work under my gym attire and will allow me to get back on the treadmill at least without the uncomfortable bounce. I don't know how they will be for everyday wear and still need to consider a regular bra. But for now I've accepted it and made a start.
Opinions greatly appreciated as always.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:04:26 PM by Salsoul »

Offline Johndoe1

Welcome to the club Salsoul! After a time, you will ask yourself why did you wait so long. Bigbustsupport is a great site. In my early journey into bras I gleaned some good information there and corresponded several times with Rachel. It's nice to know that there are women who don't mind helping us. I have since found that there are many women who are sympathetic to our situation. Most are in the well endowed category so they understand what it's like to be ridiculed about one's chest. And many chose to help under the radar or to help in ways that do not embarrass us. But beware that just as many women will also not be sympathetic, so discretion is always called for if one doesn't want to be classified as a perv or worse. Guys wearing bras are not universally accepted in the women's world like it isn't accepted in our world. It's a sad fact of life. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

hammer

They both look great! I think it was Rachel that both ABWG'S and I did an interview with years ago, but I could be wrong.

John is right, unless you have the aditute that I do and don't give a shit what others think, you need to be careful about who or what is said and where it is said! Don't get me wrong about myself,  I'm just referring to my 2 models that I have on the bottom of my all post.

Personally I got to the point that I don't stray to far from the farm. That being this forum is the farm, lol.

The way I figure, I got 3 that I REALLY need to please! Those are, God, wife and self, in that order!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 06:09:09 PM by hammer »

Offline Johndoe1

Salsoul, don't forget to give us a review of you bras when you have tried them out. We are always on the lookout for good bras and how they fit!

Offline Salsoul

• Posting Member
Salsoul, don't forget to give us a review of you bras when you have tried them out. We are always on the lookout for good bras and how they fit!
Johndoe1 still figuring out whether I'm quite ready to take that step and consider an everyday bra, it's not an easy step to take, following my last experience and trying to get a proper fitting I've kind of lost my confidence. Watch this space though 😉

Offline Johndoe1

I understand. I too was hesitant to take the plunge into full time bra wearing with regular underwire bras, but I have never been more physically comfortable since I started wearing one. After awhile, I got tired of the aching of being compressed all the time in a sports bra. And if I have to go out in public braless, I am VERY aware of the girls free ranging. I really have grown to HATE that feeling. I have really become self conscience when braless in public. So I very rarely am. But it all comes in time.

Offline Salsoul

• Posting Member
After my recent experience with a certain High Street retailer, where I had been in contact with their customer services beforehand to ask specifically if they could provide a fitting service for a man with gynecomastia, which they confirmed they could, to then turn up in store for it to become clear that they thought I was transitioning, was extremely embarrassing and uncomfortable, I'm reluctant to try again but equally I don't want to buy online as I don't know what will work for me and I wanted to have my measurements confirmed. My only other option is to pluck up the courage to call a local independent retailer, unfortunately they aren't on social media, don't have a website or email address so I'm going to have actually give them a phone call which is just too daunting a prospect. Hence my reticence.

Offline Johndoe1

That is what I had to do. I located a small boutique and called to see if they would fit a male client with gynecomastia. Chances are good you will have to try several places before you will find one. But since I have found one, they have been very good to me and they have been getting my business ever since. They know me by first name, they know my size and what I like and what works and all the ladies are just as nice and helpful and what to be sure I am as comfortable physically and mentally with only myself, but them as well. They treat me as a customer and not as a male who have freaky boobs.

As Kermit the Frog says, "It ain't easy being green." And it ain't easy being a guy with boobs either.

hammer

I have found that since I have lost the weight the magic genie bras that I bought years ago when I was "experimenting" are working out great for me! I think I may have to look into some racer back pull over bras now! I will go get another format fitting once I level out on my weight loss, but my goal is to fit in my Navy uniform again and I still have a long way to go!

One thing that I like about these bras is, I go out in public with nothing more then a tee shirt over them!

Offline Salsoul

• Posting Member
I have found that since I have lost the weight the magic genie bras that I bought years ago when I was "experimenting" are working out great for me! I think I may have to look into some racer back pull over bras now! I will go get another format fitting once I level out on my weight loss, but my goal is to fit in my Navy uniform again and I still have a long way to go!

One thing that I like about these bras is, I go out in public with nothing more then a tee shirt over them!
Unfortunately, finding a sympathetic independent retailer is proving difficult, so getting properly measured and fitted is as elusive as ever!

hammer

Unfortunately, finding a sympathetic independent retailer is proving difficult, so getting properly measured and fitted is as elusive as ever!
I am sorry to hear that, I live here in the USA,  Minnesota the twin cities, to be more exact. I have been going to a boutique in St. Paul to get my bras and get my fittings as well! I have always been treated with great respect.  In fact,  my wife says the I was treated better than she and our oldest daughter were when they had her fitting done at the mall of America at a major department store.

Offline Johndoe1

In the interim, you might try the reddit sub A Bra That Fits. https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/ They have a calculator that just about everyone who has used it has said it is the best they have seen and it seems to work pretty well. They welcome men with gynecomastia and it seems many of the people there are in the UK so someone could help you and even help you find a shop to go to for a fitting.

aboywithgirls

Almost everywhere I have been bra shopping has been nothing but welcoming to me. I'm in NH and most places I shop at have several other male clients who need the support of a good bra. My biggest obstacle is I am in a cup size 38H that isn't carried by most retailers. I have always had great service in a few different local boutiques that carry larger cup sizes. They are better equipped to help us with one on one service 

Offline SideSet

Those bras look great on you. 

Try Soma

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024